April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whew, OK, this is a long one, so settle in with your favorite beverage. Here we go:

I've been using this product for about four months now and I'm on my second bottle. I have put off writing this review because I wanted to have a solid argument for recommending this [not cheap] product that is not even in stores in the US [yet]!

Firstly, I was introduced to this product via a YT video someone posted of their skin care regimen; I think it was Louise (sprinkleofglitter) or Tanya (pixi2woo) or Zoella (zozeebo). I lemminged Bioderma for several weeks due to low availability (Amazon, eBay, and now I find it at Fragrancesandcosmetics.com) and price (my most recent bottle was over $30 for 500 ml) plus I was using a cheap drugstore cleansing wipe at the time that I was really happy with. I think it was CVS brand.

But I finally took the plunge and here we are.

First impression: This is just water. I dabbed a small amount onto a cotton round and swiped it across my eyelid which featured my full daily makeup at the time - mascara (probably Benefit They're Real), eye liner (UD 24/7 in Perversion) and eye shadow with primer (UD Naked 2 and UD EPP in Greed). EEEWWWW, it just smeared everywhere. What a waste, can't believe I bought the hype, etc. So I pulled out my old reliable Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover (no, I haven't drunk the Kool-Aid, this stuff is really the ish, but that's another review) and cleaned up the mess.

Then, just because I had already paid for the stuff, I soaked a new cotton round in Bioderma and swept it across the rest of my face. O.M.G. Holy Grail City.

This stuff is the easy, mess free makeup remover I have been looking for all my life. Sometimes I just want to wipe it all off and go to bed without the whole cleanse and treat ritual. No foaming, no scrubbing, no suds in the hair and the eyes, no washcloth to rinse (and launder), no patting my face delicately with a towel to dry, no water running down my arms and dripping off my elbows.

Sure, it doesn't get ALL the dirt off. It also doesn't strip my face of ALL it's natural oils. It just leaves it clean. No breakouts, no redness, no burning, no drying, no tight feeling.

Granted, I have some pretty normal skin. And the only other cleansing waters I've tried are No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water (which was like sticking my face in a vat of witch hazel. I'm not going to bother reviewing that one because katiekatie1010 does a great job of that) and Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water. I would describe Koh Gen Do as comparable to Bioderma and if Bioderma were not available (or I needed some cleansing water immediately - Koh Gen Do is sold at the Sephora 5 minutes from my house) I would gladly substitute that for Bioderma. MelissaMH does an accurate review of Koh Gen Do. So there may be a better cleansing water out there, and your results may vary.

Until I can find one that removes my eye makeup and doesn't cause all kinds of other problems, I'm going to proclaim it as the best and will buy it. My 4 star rating is due to the issues with eye makeup removal and the additional cost due to lack of USA availability. And I do (and have) recommend it to everyone. Hopefully it will be in USA stores soon.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I like my high-performance, long-lasting, waterproof, HARDCORE makeup. And that stuff is hard to take off. With combination skin and a slower skin cell cycle thanks to aging, I have to make sure my face goes to bed clean. After hearing all the hype, I decided to try a small travel-sized bottle and planned not to like it. But I liked it. Damn! It's expensive, but my face felt very clean afterwards, and I even did the "toner test," where I swiped an astringent toner on a white cotton pad against my skin and... nothing. Not a stitch of makeup got picked up. Best of all, I pressed down on my eyes gently with a cotton pad soaked in Bioderma and it took of all my waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner. No watering of the eyes and no smearing. My favorite makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tcsuciati

I've bought this based on numerous good reviews. And it is as good as expected. It cleans my light makeup thoroughly, but you cant use this for waterproof makeup. No need to rinse off after, so it's really convenient to use.

Definitely will buy again when it runs out even though it's not available in my country.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is a fantastic product!! i sells for about 30 canadian dollars, but prices varies depending on where you purchase it from. I used to use this all over my face as a makeup remover and it does the job wonderfully but i noticed that it was kind of wasteful to use it all over my face so i started to only use it to remove eye makeup. It removes any kind of water resistance products with ease. my favourite way to use this product is when i need to clean up my mascara that transferred to up upper eyelids in the morning, i do it by slightly soaking my q-tip with the product then i would run if over the spots and it cleans it all up so nicely! i used to do this with other eye makeup removers but they were all so disgustingly oily, bioderma doesn't do that at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's great at getting product off really fast and really cleanly. I go on "look" experimentation binges on rainy day weekends, which involve a lot of taking off of eye and lip makeup, and I'd like to accomplish that without taking off my entire face of makeup (including my complexion, which usually takes ages to get just right - one reason I more often go without makeup than with). Bioderma solves the problem for me: soak a cotton pad, hold it to my eyelids for about 10 seconds to let the formula soak in, then take it off in a quick swipe without leaving behind any residue, or having to disturb the rest of my makeup. I couldn't achieve this with my default makeup remover, DHC, but Bioderma works because it's almost truly a sinkless cleanse.

I say "almost" because, while it's great for spot cleaning and for cleaning makeup off in a jiffy at the end of a long day, when you don't have the energy to drag yourself to bathroom for the full routine quite yet but your skin is suffocating under your makeup... ultimately I have to wash it off with soap and water because otherwise, it irritates my skin. Barring that, it's a great no-fuss cleanser that covers all the bases my DHC can't quite hit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, i don't know what the hype on this is all about. For me this micellaire cleanser doesn't differ all that much from many similar products. It takes off my make-up, but I'd say that the much cheaper L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 micellaire does a better job at taking off eye make-up. It's an ok product but I wouldn't over spend sourcing this as there are many similar products available.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Amazing. Doesn't burn. Use it with the cotton pads gently, though. Have been using this product for about 10 times already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ?? Before trying this product I didn't understand the hype and I thought people were crazy for buying that stuff but now that I tried it I understand. WOW! This stuff is great! Remove the makeup perfectly, leave my face refreshed, is not irritating, do not need to pull or rub arount my sensitive eye area.... Just WOW! I have a lot of makeup remover to go throught but I'll buy it for sure after I've finished everything!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this product great for travelling if you want a quick 'pick me up' for your skin and want to redo your makeup whilst on the go (e.g. on the airplane, etc.). I personally prefer my Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (for all year) and Cle de Peau Cream Cleanser (for winter months for extra pampering), only because i prefer not to use a cotton pad. That being said, this cleanser is superb in quality. Very much like the aforementioned products that I love minus the greasiness. My skin actually feels fresh right after cleansing with this. I was actually tempted to go without a second cleansing ritual with my Cle de Peau Cleansing Foam because it felt so utterly clean (but it's a habit and i prefer to second clean my skin at the end of the day). There is no smell (or at least that i could detect) and a whole cotton pad soaked with this product efficiently and effortlessly cleansed all my eye makeup and foundation/blush. What takes the icing on the cake is that my skin feels plumped with water, so soft and supple, as soon as i'm done cleansing with this (prior to my 2nd cleansing regime). Total winner in my books. I may have to force myself to get accustommed to using a cotton pad (which I despise) only because this cleanser is much cheaper than the 2 mentioned above, and in all honesty, it's an amazing cleanser. It retails for $22 (Cdn) (Before taxes) for 250ml, and I got it on sale for $16.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I love love love this. I have been using this for 18 months every morning, and my skin feels so refreshed. This has helped to reduce my redness, irritations, and breakouts. I don't find that it removes all of my make up, so I use another remover in the evening. Believe the hype