Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good god does this stuff break me out. Also, every time I've used it it's left my skin bright red and blotchy. On the positive side it's not too expensive and the bottle doesn't seem to leak at all which has been a problem with other micellaire's I've used.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I snagged two of the large bottles whilst in Paris over the summer and will probably be using this for a long time to come. I use this to remove makeup prior to cleansing at night and it does a really good job. Sometimes I need to use an extra pad when it comes to lip stains and waterproof mascara but really that's nothing major. Generally it feels very gentle even cooling on the skin but I've removed 1 lipstick as I've found it often stings my eyes. Perhaps my eyes are especially sensitive but still it makes for an uncomfortable experience. Price wise I've heard it's pretty tough to get your hands on in the UK (for a reasonable price) but I still have lots left so I'm not worried right now. If I go back to Paris within the next few months though I will defInitely be stocking up.

This is the ONLY makeup remover that doesn't irritate my hyper-sensitive skin. It dissolves the mascara so easily. The lid sometimes breaks, that's my only complaint.

I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF.

I think we can all agree the worst part of putting on make-up is actually trying to get the bloody stuff off. I have gone through sooooo many different types of makeup removers in the past and most leave me with raccoon eyes from my waterproof mascara and gel liner. Not this stuff.

When I first went to Paris I did a ton of research to see what products I should haul. This kept coming up again, again and again. One review, I can't remember who at this point, said this stuff just sort of dissolved makeup off of your face in a way that made it really easy to take off. I was a bit skeptical but picked up a 2 pack anyway because 1. it was DIRT cheap (comparably to US prices) in Paris and 2. when in Paris, do as the Parisians, right?

Fast forward to the present. I SO wish I had hauled like 4 more double packs of this stuff. It's incredible. It absolutely removes every bit of makeup I have, including waterproof mascara and the thickest of liners, and leaves my skin feeling soft afterwards. It's my absolute favorite makeup remover to use. Unfortunately getting it in the US is easier now, but it's god awful expensive.

So will I buy this again? Absolutely, but more of as a treat than as an everyday staple (at least until I become independently wealthy).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This was my first micellar water and I liked it, but I have some issues. Good stuff: It's convenient. I travel a lot and now I feel I can cleanse on a long haul flight effectively while being sanitary. It's great after a work out or in the morning for some gentle refreshment. So useful when I was bedridden after surgery and even though I felt awful, this baby kept my skin looking great and feeling fresh. Can be used on body too. Issues: It stings my eyes like nothing else, and it isn't as effective as removing makeup as the other Bioderma options or any decent makeup remover. Also I find I have to use multiple soaked cotton pads to get myself looking clean, and then following up with a face cloth there is still visible dirt. The bottle doesn't last long because of how much product needed to achieve any type of cleanse. It's a bit pricey so instead of repurchasing I tried a few others. Comparison: Sensibio is way better than Garnier, but not as wonderful as the Bioderma hydrating micellar in the blue bottle or the Sebuim in the blue/green.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Given the amount of love this product has received, I feel treacherous for saying this but here goes: I really don't like it.

To give you context, I used this micellar water as a face makeup remover (not for the eyes) prior to cleansing. The result: it left a strange film but also managed to strip my skin and consequently broke me out - painful sores, flaking skin, the works. I didn't change anything else in my routine so I deduced that this was the culprit.

I willed myself to like it - even went as far as to purchase a bottle again after giving my first one away. Unfortunately, my skin is just incompatible with this product.

I've tried other micellar waters prior to using this e.g. the Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution, the La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution and I felt they were gentler on the skin but were equally effective. If anyone else is having a hard time with the Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water, I would highly recommend the above as alternatives.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! It feels nice and gentle on my super sensitive skin and almost has a calming effect. I use a generous amount on 2-3 cotton pads to take off all of my make up. I wouldn't recommend it for waterproof mascara though because it takes too much rubbing. After my first bottle I tried to find a cheaper version but was put off even buying by the smell of the other brands. I have been using this for six months now and can't imagine using anything else ever again. I definitely recommend the big bottle, it seems to be lasting forever compared to how fast I went through the small ones.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this for 1 1/2 months now. Time for a review!

I purchased Bioderma after reading about it on a couple of sites (including this one). Micellar water is popping up in American products now, but I wanted a cleansing product that was simple and non-drying.

I use this mostly for non-waterproof makeup remover. For reference my typical face is powder foundation over moisturizer & sunscreen, with occasional concealer, lip primer and lip gloss or stains. The micellar water cuts right through everything I wear, so I can move straight to toner & moisturizer at night.

Non drying or irritating & cuts through MU better than most dedicated MU removal products. Will repurchase!

The only gripe I have with Bioderma's product is the price point. As an import it's to be expected, but I bought 250 ml for $18 on Amazon and am already nearly halfway through the bottle. To make the most use of it I'd recommend buying 500 ml at least.

Love it. Removes make up, doesn't aggravate my skin or leave it feeling coated. I get less dry patches than using tap water, and if I get lazy and wash my face a couple of times I see a difference in texture and appearance.

Packaging is ok - I've had several with incredibly tight lids though. I tend to not close them fully which is a bit of a pain.

I bulk buy the big 500ml bottles on a French site (shipped to UK) and save quite a bit. UK RRP is pretty high.

I've only tried three other (cheaper) versions from other brands, but they just don't compare.

Repurchase? You bet!

I wanted SO much to like this product, but my skin hates it. I have combination skin with some clogged pores and redness. My skin isn't sensitive at all with my normal routine but after adding this in (I used it in the morning, and also after cleansing at night to remove any leftover makeup) it caused me to break out in tiny little bumps all over my face within 2 days of first using it, making my skin look and feel very rough and red. I've tried it on two separate occasions to see if the first breakout was unrelated, but after the same reaction shortly after the second time I tried it, I am positive that this is the cause.

It's a shame because it's good at removing my makeup residue, but sadly something just seems to disagree with me.