April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

I got this based on the countless reviews and youtube videos raving about how great this was. And it looked pretty good on the videos, and it's a decent product, but I feel that on me it gives a ruddy look to my skin. I do use a primer, so I just don't understand it. Maybe the fact that it's matte makes my skin look dull and ruddy. I don't think I would buy this again. I'm still looking for the HG foundation with full coverage. I may try the whipped formula instead

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by auxxyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The fact that this doesn't have a pump stressed me out lol I hate pouring foundation on my hand! It does last all day, and the finish is VERY matte. I found that it even made my skin look dry...I've found better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in the Philippines, where the weather is always humid. It makes me sweaty, oily, and shiny. But with this foundation, I only have to blot a couple of times—and the blotting paper doesn't even get soaked with oil like it usually does. This lasts all day! The coverage is great and it really controls oil production. The shade for me, Medium Beige, is perfect for my skin tone. Probably my HG foundie. My only complaint is the packaging. It's hard as heck to get the product out of the jar and it gets all over my fingers. I hope Revlon changes the packaging to something more accessible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by kc3angel

I have been on a year's journey to find a really good foundation for my extreme oily/combination skin. I have tried high end to drugstore and this one works the best on my skin. It looks so natural that even makeup pros couldn't tell I was wearing foundation. I initially did not like the fact that it did not have a pump, but now I think I prefer it as I usually tip the bottle over with my clean finger over the mouth and dab the amount over my face. I repeat this process about twice (clean finger each time) and then I blend the foundation. When I do this, nothing wastes. I like how it blends into my skin, however for even longer wear I would actually set it with a powder and it lasts. (For example, yesterday I left where I was staying at 5:30 am and did not get home until 9:15 pm. The foundation still looked good. My forehead was slightly oily, however that could be because I always put the lightest layer on my forehead).

I would recommend though that if you have extreme combination skin (as in cheeks etc is dry and t-zone very oily) that you use extra moisturiser on your cheeks etc. At first I wasn't doing that and would find that by day's end, my chin and cheek would look dry. Adding the extra moisture keep my skin looking fresh all day.

While no makeup in my opinion is truly transfer proof, I can honestly say that this seems to be as close as you can get. I live in the Caribbean. It's hot and we sweat. The foundation did not run, did not budge and most importantly, did not leave an extra brown ring around my collar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by cher03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i live in Aruba, imagine the weather. sunny... all year.in this kind of place its hard to find a good foundation that wouldn't melt in the heat of the sun at 2-6pm. i've tried some foundations and they gave me acne. worst nightmare for a waitress who deals with people everyday. this foundation is like my holy grail. I've been using this for 2 years now. and i will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by TheBoev

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used this foundation for years. I was relieved that they brought it back and the reformulation didn't diagree with my skin!
    I have very sensitive and acne prone skin. I have rosacea so I also have a lot of discoloration. This covers a multitude of sins and seems to stay put all day and into the evening. It washes off well with my normal cleanser too.
    I do not have break outs with this product nor have dry skin issues either. This is the HG of all foundations for me.
    Oh, and you can't beat the price! That's the icing on the cake!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

I wish this had a pump. I like it. It's the best foundation I've had so far but I'm still looking for the holy grail that will control my oil. it seeps through the makeup within an hour or two...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colorstay, so far. I've been using it for the past week and it's been good! I've been trying to find a foundation that has a more yellow undertone since I noticed that my Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation is a little bit more to the pink side and they don't have any yellow undertone shades in that particular line!

I have an NC30-NC35 shade in MAC's pro longwear foundation and I have yellow undertones.
    I have a few acne scars on my cheeks and little bumps on my chin area from a hormonal breakouts.
    The shade I got is 300 Golden Beige and 310 Warm Golden. When I first bought the two bottles, I noticed there wasn't any pump and I didn't like that. What I do to apply the makeup is to pour a little bit on the cap and just dip my brush into the cap.
    It was quite thick the first time I applied it so I had to dampen the brush a little bit with water just to thin the foundation out cos I didn't need much coverage. The 300 Golden Beige is a little bit light but it matches my neck and chest. The 310 Warm Golden matches my face perfectly. Both have a matte finish, in my opinion.
    It is somewhat blendable but you have to act fast since it dries out quick! It's like Kat Von D's lock it tattoo foundation as well as the smell, it smells like paint!
    The coverage is medium to full. But what I do to make it a light coverage is dampening the brush first with water and then applying the foundation to my face.
    Overall, I like it and it's hasn't broken me out now that I've been using it for a week. The removal process isn't so bad as from what I've heard from others! Just use cold cream or some cream cleanser (I highly prefer Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm or Pond's Cold Cream), rub it all over your face, and take a paper towel, soak it in water and wring out the excess and just wipe it all over your face.
    Hope this is helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by muchi090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only foundation that has able to look natural in person for me. Easy to blend not heavy love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by FeenFeenFeen

Over the last few months I've been trying to find something better that Maybelline Fit Me and always thought Revlon Colorstay wouldnt work for me, because of the mixed reviews.
    Ok, so first off, it smells like baby powder (sort of that soft talc fragrance), it may bother those who hate fragrances, its quite strong.

I've got the one that has no pump and I couldn't care less, as Fit Me didnt have a pump and I'd used that for soooo long. I just dab it on the back of my clean hand and use a Kabuki brush. Easy.
    It's quite runny so you do have to be steady when pouring, if you tip out too much just tip it back in.... duh! I'm not sure why everyone complains about that factor!
    I find a small amount goes a hell of a long way, and I find I only need the smallest amount to cover my entire face nicely, so It's definitely worth the money if you live in a country where It's not so readily available or is expensive as it'll last a lot longer.

I know everyone says it dries fast so you have to work in sections, but I work in sections anyway so I didn't notice. I work really fast anyway, but I think if you were to dab dots all over you face you would find it'll be dry in parts and be harder to blend and leave streaks. I find it dries nice and fast, but not too fast that you cant keep up, as long as you do maybe 1/3 sections of the face.

It glides on nicely and is definitely buildable to the coverage you want. I find it covers to a decent level, and looks to be the best foundation I've ever used on my skin.
    Everyone says its super full coverage, so I expected a really strong coverage, but I'd say its what every other foundation covers, if you have issues use a concealer :)
    It's super expensive in New Zealand, but you can get it cheaper on the internet, or at makeup and fragrance sales that pop up, so that's ok. I wouldnt be paying $30 + for foundation thats just stupid.

I have always used powder over my liquids because the Fit Me was so tacky and sticky to not do it. I find that the Revlon Colorstay dries on my skin to a dry velvety matte feel, it's definitely not sticky or tacky or dewy looking which I loooooove and was a huge gripe of mine. Also the fact that this doesn't come off when i scratch my face lightly, or touch it!!! it stays on my face! of course if you rubbed hard it'll come off on your finger but seriously that would be your own fault!

The colorstay keeps me matte all day if I wear it on its own and around my nose is normally the area where my makeup slips off within 2-3 hours, and with this NOTHING moves!!! It stays put, and still looks just as nice til th end of the day when i WANT it to come off.
    I find it doesn't settle in smile lines etc as much as other foundations so that a huge bonus for me being 20 with no wrinkles, i dont want it to look like i do!

Overall I think i've found the winner, I believe that this does exactly what I want and i will continue to buy it, it really does what I want it to, it holds up and looks nice all day with or without powder. I think those of you who use Fit Me, but find its just not what you want, should 100% try this and I can guarantee you wont go back to anything else, I love it and have definitely converted to Revlond, ( I still love you Maybelline for you mascaras hehe)

Pros:
    * stays put all day
    * looks nice on and doesn't slide off even by the end of the day
    * doesn't make me oily
    * doesn't settle into lines, crack in lines, or make pores worse
    * doesn't transfer easily onto fingers when touching face

Cons:
    * Super expensive in New Zealand stores (30+ eeekkk!!!)
    * the smells is a bit strong and would like it to be toned down ( i can live with it though)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No