July 26, 2014 | 1354 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by valval84

I have this in number 2. The previous concealers I have used have been wet n wild, neutrogena, physicians formula wand, and Benefit lemon-aid, Boi-ing, clinique, and a few others I have forgotten. I have used this concealer exclusively for 2 months (without foundation) . I have fair skin with cool undertones. This concealer is really nothing special I feel it is overrated and the formula just seems out dated. Laura Mercier may be a good brand but this concealer is not their specialty. Its very drying and does not blend well. Benefit wins by a long shot and you could find a drugstore brand that could do better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by shell11

Great under eye concealer! Really masks my dark circles. Also a little goes a long way, so you only need to apply a minimal amount each time since it is so highly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by junex126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not own any concealer since the foundation I use are full coverage. However, I wanted to move away from the foundation and start using a concealer for the post hyperpigmentation from acne. I read many good reviews on the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer. I purchased the SC-3 for $28 from Sephora. I have used it and it does cover well and blend well. Strong staying power and great for spot coverage. So far this product does cover most of my hyperpigmentation except for the two stubborn ones under my eyes that are more brown. It does cover well on other area but on this area it can be cakey and still look blue through the concealer. Since it does well on the rest of my skin for concealer I rated it a "4". I always have trouble with concealer for the hyperpigmentation around under the eyes. This concealer works better than the Salmon concealer from Eve Pearl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best concealer I have ever tried! Definitely worth the price. I have number 1, and its very light, even light enough for my very fair skin. Concealer that is too dark (with a lot of drugstore brands, even the "lightest" shade is still too dark or too yellow for me) does not help with undereye circles. This has a hint of pinky peachiness to it which really brightens. It's so creamy and does not settle into fine lines. It's very pigmented, so I just need to use a small amount to get good coverage. It doesn't ever look cakey. I have used it for 6 months now, and I have only used up about two thirds, so although it's a bit on the expensive side, you don't need much product. It lasts a long time.

I do set it with a tiny bit of Make Up Forever HD powder. Because its so creamy, if you don't set it you may find your mascara may smudge a bit. Also, it's definitely intended to be an undereye concealer - I wouldn't use it on blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have been using this product for a year and I keep going back to it. It is a creamy effect that you dab under your eye with your ring finger, not only does it even out the skin, it covers the dark circles and feels smooth under the eye whereas other under eye products can make the skin feel dry. great little pot and it lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

I got this product after a sales associate at Sephora recommended it to me for my bad dark eye circles. I tried numerous drugstore products and they didn't cut it. I splurged the $22 for this and am glad I did. I think it goes on pretty greasy but I matify it with ELF's matifying powder. I think it looks great and my dark eye circles are 90% concealed. Sometimes, I still do see the dark eye circles. One thing I don't like about it is it does look a little cakey after a while. It is a great product though and I will repurchase if I can't find anything better bc this is pretty pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by tjr1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While the color was perfect for hiding my hideous dark circles (we're talking purple, here), this concealer was WAY too cakey and ended up looking almost chalky by the lunchtime each day. I used it for a week, trying different application approaches and using different eye creams under it and could never get it work. Back to Sephora it went.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would have rated this a 5 if the packaging were more sanitary and there were a better color selection.

Pros:
-Goes on easily
-Doesn't crease in underye lines
-Stays on all day

Cons:
-Pot container not very sanitary having to dip finger/brush in pot
-Poor color selection

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by toastboateve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every day to cover my perpetual dark circles, and it works great - I got a slightly warmer tone so I don't end up with a greyish under-eye area. Looked better when I lived in California and I was more tanned, but now I moved back to Asia and got a bit paler - still works great though.
I gave a 4 because on my super oily skin it doesn't last the whole day, and I end up having to retouch when I'm at work or something. That and it is pretty pricey - but I got easily persuaded by the salesperson after she tried it on me and I saw what a miracle worker this product is!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have recently purchased this concealer and it is really good. I would say the best concealer I have ever had.
What I like about it is that it covers dark circles and eye bags unbelievable well while looking very natural. It actually melts in the skin and sets really well with powder. You only need a little amount as it blends really well and it is very creamy. It is also very brightening so you don't need to use a highlighter after I'd you don't want to.
The con is the price - at 27 EUR for a tiny tinie pot it is very expensive in my opinion.
However, I would repurchase unless I find a better one or one as goos as this one at a cheaper price.