April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by icefiregrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I had 100 dollars to Macys and I was thinking... well i love Mac's lipglasses and i love the eyeshadow and everythign else inbetween, but i have yet to try their lipsticks! I used to only purchases the lipsticks for my mom but i thought well this would be a perfect time to treat myself. The only problem was that i did not have a Macy's near my university and had to order online. There could b ea lot of problems there, as much as you all may know. But i took a chance and ordered the Mac See Sheer and Shy Girl. I must say. See Sheer was a little too coral on the swatch, but once i topped put it on my bare lips, i was astonished as just how pretty it was. I have pigmented lips that i dont think is all the rage (its so hard to find a good nude lip because of it) But anyways, see sheer was AMAZING. I am a NC30 and with the natural lip color i had, this coral red lip stick was sheer, lustre, and very glossy on my lips. It looked more red that i wanted to at first, but after smacking my lips a little and blotting it lightly with my fingers or a tissue, the color was perfect and it lasted me a good 3 hours before i needed to reapply it again for full intensity. I actually ended up returning Shy Girl and getting Plumful (see other review) and another See Sheer. I want to say, after trying see sheer, shy girl, plumful, and the other 6 colors i bought my mom, see Sheer is definitely my favorite and will be my all time go to color. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a cool, PPP brunette and this shade is lovely! I was looking for a more subdued version of Crosswires, which was my only coral lipstick, and although I do still love it, it can be kind of in-your-face for daytime. I had previously given up on the lustre formula because I had found that lustres barely showed up on my pigmented lips (I'm looking at you, Syrup), but decided to try See Sheer after searching online for a dupe for the elusive LE Ever Hip, which seems like the perfect pinky coral for me and I still really want but absolutely refuse to pay $40 for on ebay. See Sheer is surprisingly pigmented, and more reddish/coral than pinky/coral, but its sheerness and shine offset the red tones, making it a perfectly wearable daytime coral lippie for when I'm wearing an outfit that leans more warm than cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this lippy! I have NC 35 skin and natural light pinkish lips. This shows up a lovely coral red. It's very buildable so you can chose the intensity. Love the lustre finish and feeling on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

See Sheer is a gorgeous coral in the tube, but on my C2 skintone, it looks like a garish red. The formula is very smooth, but it literally melts off of my lips! The pigments fill in the lines of my lips and ages them. To make it work, I have been mixing this with Revlon's CS Baby Pink, which is too cool and shimmery for me. The mixture gives me a lovely pinky coral that I can stand. It even brings out the green in my eyes! I will not repurchase this lipstick and will be looking for a color similar to the mixture described above :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I got this in a Back to Mac swap and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty coral pink as others have said, but it can look rosy pink in daylight. I was looking for a neutral lip that appears to be neutral, but really isn't and this is it! Looks great with all kinds of blushes too, coral, peaches, pinks and smoky eyes or neutral eyes. All around a good lip color to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bluelitzer

This is a beautiful summer coral lipstick! Far from sheer, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. It's not drying and complements my warm light golden skin. I love wearing it when I go to the beach. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a love/hate relationship with this lipstick. its the only mac lipstick i like on my nc45/nc50 skin. however, not only does the staying power suck, but sometimes i find myself thinking he lipstick is too bright or a bit off. however, i will repurchase because its the only lipstick i like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to lipstick at the moment. Such a gorgeous sheer coral colour, and the lustre formula is my favourite!
A must-have for the Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marlena1900

I can't live without this lipstick! I don't wear it on my lips, a genius mac ma used this under concealer to cover hyperpigmentation (from using birth control) on my forehead. Without this the hyperpigmentation looked grey/ashy with concealer over it but with this under concealer my skin looks eventoned with the rest of my face. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

although it is called see "sheer", this is definitely NOT sheer. a more pigmented dupe would be boots classic rose (from the stay perfect l/s). a very gorgeous corally colour. very pigmented and quite moisturizing. love this one!