November 28, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

This is just beautiful. My favourite lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick a lot - beautiful colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i wanted a bright lipstick for Spring and Summer, but i was a little worried because i like to wear my eyes a little heavy. this is perfect because it is bright, but still extremely wearable.
the MAC MUA put MAC's lipliner in Boldly Bare on me with this, and it looked SO nice, but i didn't buy it only because i know i won't ever bother commiting to applying lipliner, especially on the go. i also was wearing MAC's Taupe on my lips at the counter before i took it off and tried this on, and the comparison blew my socks off, because this looked so bright and just drew the light to it at once.
now on to the colour; See Sheer is a sheer red with orange, coral undertones. my skintone is fair mediterranean, so maybe the orange stands out more on me than the coral. a good comparison is Viva Glam Cyndi - because they're both sheer reds, but Cyndi has more of a true/cooler red undertone whereas See Sheer has an orange undertone. it's also Lustre, so i like to pair it with a good lipbalm or gloss. this particular colour really sticks around a long time as well, and i also like to pair it with a very similar coloured scarf (and my hair has a similar colour in it).
this lipstick lights up my face completely and doesn't compete with my slightly heavier eye make-up, it actually compliments it. and this just cheers me up so much when i wear it.
TIP: to those who have it and find it too orange for their liking, just find any lipgloss with blue in it to cancel out the orange and make the red a bit more of a berry. (orange and blue are opposites on the colour wheel).
100% recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by stls

Very wearable reddish glossy coral, one of my favorites!
I like the lustre formula because it feels moisturizing and low maintenance, almost like a colored lip balm unlike cremeshenes that settle in the lines of my lips.
See sheer looks mostly neutral on me. It's a no-brainer shade when I want something not too pink or too orange or too red to brighten my face in a non- overpowering way.
Goes well with plain neutral or greenish eye make up when I need a not too nude nor too bright lip color, love it!
Only downside: well, it does wear off rather quickly.

Edit: Love the color but won't repurchase. The same problem with all lustres... constant need for reapplication. I think the Dior Addict Extreme formula gives the same sheer glossy effect with Lustres but so much more longlasting. The closest color to See Sheer is Riviera. It's not a dupe though, looks less red and brighter overall but I'm more satisfied with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

See Sheer is one of my go-to coral lipsticks that I know look great on me without a doubt. One of the most beautiful colours I own. (NC44 for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bought a dozen lipsticks hoping that they would turn out to be a color like this. This coral is just bright enough, it's so unique and just the perfect color for any make up. It's a lustre so it's very moisturizing and I don't understand why people would mention that you must reapply often as if they didn't want to do that they should've bought a long wearing lipstick. I love how soft it feels on the lips and hate that long wear dry feeling so I have no problems with reapplying. Even when it seems like it wears off it leaves a light stain, never drying and I'm so happy that it's not a LE. This is my HG lippie and it won't disappoint if you like corals with a touch of pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the color of this lipstick. Its beautiful, must for all Asian complexions. I have many MAC lipsticks but recently I have discovered that MAC lipsticks just dont have staying power at all. Its gone in just 90 minutes. I ll repurchase this lipstick just because the color is so beautiful, if I ever get a dupe,I won't. I am an NC 30 for ref.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bindi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

nice my lips but better colour, but sadly no staying power whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by icefiregrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I had 100 dollars to Macys and I was thinking... well i love Mac's lipglasses and i love the eyeshadow and everythign else inbetween, but i have yet to try their lipsticks! I used to only purchases the lipsticks for my mom but i thought well this would be a perfect time to treat myself. The only problem was that i did not have a Macy's near my university and had to order online. There could b ea lot of problems there, as much as you all may know. But i took a chance and ordered the Mac See Sheer and Shy Girl. I must say. See Sheer was a little too coral on the swatch, but once i topped put it on my bare lips, i was astonished as just how pretty it was. I have pigmented lips that i dont think is all the rage (its so hard to find a good nude lip because of it) But anyways, see sheer was AMAZING. I am a NC30 and with the natural lip color i had, this coral red lip stick was sheer, lustre, and very glossy on my lips. It looked more red that i wanted to at first, but after smacking my lips a little and blotting it lightly with my fingers or a tissue, the color was perfect and it lasted me a good 3 hours before i needed to reapply it again for full intensity. I actually ended up returning Shy Girl and getting Plumful (see other review) and another See Sheer. I want to say, after trying see sheer, shy girl, plumful, and the other 6 colors i bought my mom, see Sheer is definitely my favorite and will be my all time go to color. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a cool, PPP brunette and this shade is lovely! I was looking for a more subdued version of Crosswires, which was my only coral lipstick, and although I do still love it, it can be kind of in-your-face for daytime. I had previously given up on the lustre formula because I had found that lustres barely showed up on my pigmented lips (I'm looking at you, Syrup), but decided to try See Sheer after searching online for a dupe for the elusive LE Ever Hip, which seems like the perfect pinky coral for me and I still really want but absolutely refuse to pay $40 for on ebay. See Sheer is surprisingly pigmented, and more reddish/coral than pinky/coral, but its sheerness and shine offset the red tones, making it a perfectly wearable daytime coral lippie for when I'm wearing an outfit that leans more warm than cool.