Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 8/17/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is my first Burt's Bees product so I have nothing for comparison but so far so good! It has a nice sweet honey fragrance, goes on smoothly and feels very moisturising.

on 7/16/2013 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh the awful smell... I'm generally a fan of Burt's Bees products, including their lip balms (especially the tinted ones), but I wouldn't recommend this Honey version to anyone because of its smell. It doesn't smell like honey, it smells like something totally different and something disgusting. Either go with another Burt's Bees lip balm, or at least smell this one before you buy it and see what I'm talking about.

on 6/28/2013 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far my favorite Burt's Bees lip balm, mainly because of the scent but also because I find it to be the most moisturizing of the balms. Never stop making this!

on 5/15/2013 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very disappointed that this didn't fully work for me. Application was not smooth and it felt more waxier than the original. It did keep my lips looking supple so I am glad I didn't waste my money entirely. The smell is a bit obnoxious to my nose. It reminds me of diaper ointment. Plus as others have noted, the scent is strong and does linger for quite a bit. I think I will sick to the original and hurry to use this one up but unfortunately will not repurchase.

on 5/13/2013 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have every single lip gloss that Burt's Bees has right now. All the different flavours. Starting to collect the coloured ones now. For these yellow labelled ones, what I'm comparing this one to, this Honey is my least favorite. I gave it such a good rating because it is actually awesome stuff. It works great to make your lips feel nourished, soft and smooth. It lasts quite a while and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I can tell you though, this one rarely comes out of the box where I keep all these guys. As per usual, all the yellow label ones are out. Either in my purse or sitting by my mirror with the rest of my daily makeup. Honey is still in the box with the coloured products. The flavour is not great compared to everything else they have. That being said though, if you don't like any of the other flavours, this might be the one for you! Also, this one looks bad with all the other fun colours they gave to the other flavours. I don't know what colour they could have used instead but come on - that's a really sad, disheartening, uninteresting shade of... Brown. Euch. Even the brown tubes of the coloured glosses are a nice dark chocolate brown! Come on! I still like this one, he's part of the team, after all, but he's mostly a benchwarmer. Honey could be someone else's star player though! Give it a try.

Nice honey smell. A bit waxier than the original but otherwise very similar.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Unlike the original Burt's Bees, which makes my lips peel about as often as it functions as expected from a lip balm, the honey version consistently does its job as long I keep it in my pocket to soften - if I don't, it's too waxy to go on. I'm probably the one person on Earth who actively dislikes honey, but the scent of this product emphasizes the slightly powdery floral notes, and thus isn't too bothersome. Still prefer Cherry Culture's house brand lip balms to anything else I've tried, though.

on 4/14/2013 11:17:00 PM

Of all the lip balms offered by Burt's Bees this is my favorite. Why? Because in addition to curing my chapped lips and making them feel awesome, this stuff smells and tastes like HONEY!

on 4/4/2013 10:13:00 AM

I love Burt's Bees lip balm, and it's the only brand I use. However, I feel like they haven't been the same since being owned by Clorox. I used to love the honey lip balm, but now it has a strong, baby powder scent. I can't stand it! The consistency is the same - smooth and thin. It moisturizes well and lasts all day. I just wish they wouldn't add fragrance; it would be so much better without it. I wouldn't buy this again because of the strong, "fake-smelling" baby powder scent. I emptied my last tube and used it to make my own lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is such a strange product.
I HATED this at first. Actually, not just hated, despised it! The smell would make me want to be sick, even if I gave it a small sniff I would grimace in disgust. It just smelt nothing like honey, I can't even describe the smell. Lets leave it at awful lol

Then I decided to keep trying and trying and trying it... each time the smell got less and less offensive and now I actually like it. I think I broke it in somewhat or my nose got used to it because it actually smells more like honey now! The best thing about this lipbalm though is that it is just so moisturising and conditioning... I've never had a lipbalm like it and i've tried everything from carmex to chapstick to nivea to soap and glory. This instantly relieves my dry and chapped lips and keeps them that way for hours! Other lipbalms I find just sit on my lips, make them soft, but don't penetrate deeply and make them comfortable. Some even dry them out more! Not this, I reapply because of habit and comfort, not because I really need to because this product works so well. I love this!

Popular Lip Treatments