December 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Did I get a lemon with this stuff? I got this in a huge Xmas gift set, given by a dear friend who knows I like The Body Shop products and who also likes them herself. I had never tried the "Hemp" line because I thought it would smell like....well...hemp - a smell like raw, natural rope. I wish....smelling like rope would be an improvement over the smell of what I got. Honestly, if it smelled like patchouli, I'd be thrilled. If it smelled herbal, I would love it. The one I got smells revolting...sort of like raw chicken skin (if that makes any sense). It just smells vile. It may be a great hand cream but, honestly, I nearly threw up when I put this on my hands and then smelled my hands. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. I will try to use it on my feet, just to use it up (and since my feet are far from my nose and I can slip socks overtop to further minimize the smell, this might work). Next time I'm at The Body Shop, I'll check out how their testers smell but, honestly, this tube is just dreadful. A shame, since it seems to be a very effective hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JewL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG hand lotion for the winter! I can't get enough it! Only need a small amount to moisturize my hands after washing hands, and it leaves my hands totally soothed and utterly soft. Some people don't like the scent, but I don't mind it. Smells like an earthy, patchouli scent to me.

I keep a full size next to my bed to use before I go to bed, and a travel size in my bag for other times. My hands have never looked better!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lovelylass

WOW this hand cream is the best one I have ever tried, I have suffered for years with Dry, Sore, Cracked - even bleeding hands and they have always looked 20 years older than the rest of me.
Anyway I have heard great things about this and although the smell isnt the best OMG it works!! after a couple of uses my hand are so soft and back to how they should be! If you can get past the smell you will be amazed at this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot praise this cream enough. I bought it because I was looking for a good hand cream as the winter is settling in and it makes my skin so dry and irritated. I remembered this cream being around the house as a child as my Dad would use it, and if it was good enough for him then it's good enough for me.

This comes in a 100ml tube made of Aluminium, and also a tub version is available (not sure what amount). I chose the tube because I don't really like tubs for hygiene reasons. The first thing I noticed about this cream is how thick it is, but a little definitely goes a long way - I think the thickness is a bonus as many hand creams are so liquid that you easily use to much and it goes to waste. I didn't find this greasy at all, and my skin instantly felt better.

A lot of people complained about the smell, which I actually enjoy as it's quite herbal. If you're looking for a feminine fragrant hand cream then you may want to sample this yourself before buying, but the smell really isn't too noticeable I don't think. It's a preference thing really.

Overall I can't praise this enough and I will be buying again, and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product, works wonder on dry and flanky skin. But it smells bit unplesant, thick and greasy.
Would I buy this product again? ummm maybe no. Since I found parlmer cocoa butter oil im fell in love with it. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil is a nourishing body treat without the grease, instantly hydrates, smoothes and softens dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This worked wonders on my dry, cracked hands, which bleed every winter (gross, I know). Unlike other hand creams, this solved the problem in a few applications.

Unfortunately, the smell is awful!! I'm sure there are other hand creams out there that work just as well without the stench of this cream, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mskityin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this hand cream once.
The good thing is it does not leave my hands oily like some other products.
However, I am not too keen on the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a really good hand cream,, it's such a thick consistency nothing has even been so thick for me.. if you hate thick creams stay away!!! This is such a good moisturiser for my dry dry flaking hands... the only thing is the smell I do not like... it does not smell like weed lol.. it smells like herbs and I prefer the other smells that body shop does.. I have bought this for my mother and she loves it so it does depend if you like the smell or not..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

quite good, I love everything about it, including the herbal smell. but I hate the packaging. when I open the lid, products come out of the tube automatically and there's no way to stop it. so every time I end up with too much products on my hand.

the packaging is just a pain, so I won't buy it again. there are other great hand creams out there

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by blonde63

My daughter gave this to me and I fell in love with it. My hands were a mess from working in the yard and my nails were peeling. This turned my hands around. I cannot say enough good things about it.