December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by pniece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shadow, agree with all the reviews. It looks great on my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't intend to purchase Smog, though I'd seen it dozens of times; it always looked so.. dark and "blah" in the pan. I swatched it on my hand though, and it took me completely by surprise! What a gorgeous, peachy-brown-y-coppery shade it was!
My slightly crepe-y lids do NOT look good in a ton of shimmer or glitter, and UD isn't exactly known for its subtlety. Oh, but this... is... glorious! Applied lightly, it can be worn as an all-over lid-wash. It makes an even more wonderful crease-color, sparking up even the most tame, matte neutrals.
The texture is amazing, and the lasting-power is equally excellent--even without a primer. This shade just does something special for my gray-blue eyes, and I will purchase it for as long as it's made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

Really lovely dark bronze color. It's awesome as a crease and outer v color. It can be applied for a natural look and built up for a more smokey look. It's sooo smooth and pigmented. It actually showed up darker on my lid than I expected. A great color to have

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to join the mass and declare my love for this eye shadow! I LOVE it. Out of all the colors I've tried, I like Smog the best! It's just so darn pretty and wearable during the daytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brown eyeshadow EVER!! It's a goregous shimmery/metal brown. This is a perfect day-time smokey eye eyeshadow. People compare it to MAC Tempting. Personally, I hate Tempting's texture, and it comes out more flat and cool and blah. Smog has a perfect buttery texture, and comes out a rich bronzey brown on me. I almost sigh in relief when I put it on and think "this is what I've been looking for!" It just has an "oomph" to it that Tempting does not. If this is too orange for you, then I'd try Tempting.
I'm also a bit OCD with my makeup. So it makes me very happy that it comes in a round pan that will fit in my MAC palettes because most of my shadows are MAC or Milani. That's probably the biggest reason I'll never collect a ton of Estee Lauder or NARS eyeshadows, even though they are fabulous.
Anyway, wonderful eyeshadow. I'm obsessed with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jod84

this was one of the stunning colors in my ud naked kit and i must give this a 10 out of 10 for colour pay off and it also blends really well however i don't think i would buy this as a single shadow as i found many dupes for it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by babyax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smog is so so so lovely. It works on the lid, in the crease, and even in the outer corner! It's just so universally flattering and one of the colors that I use the most often. Smog is a color that's in about 90% of UD palettes, so you probably have it if you have an UD palette. But you really can't go wrong with this color and with all the palettes that I own I think that I have enough Smog e/s to last me throughout the rest of my life hahaha.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, pretty neutral. I don't really love UD as much as I used to, but Smog is a really nice product. It wears nicely and is nicely pigmented. It is for sure one of UD's better products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel compelled to review this even though I can't possibly add anything new! SMOG - are you looking for a perfect, sexy-yet-not-too-obvious, bronzy, beachy summer eye? Or maybe a warm fall/winter look with plummy cheeks and darker lips? Do you have brown, black, blue, green, or hazel eyes? Are you a brunette, blonde, redhead - do you have rainbow hair? SMOG WILL WORK ITS ASS OFF FOR YOU. It is seriously the prettiest color, with a sensual satiny-ness (not frost), and amazing lasting power. I would describe it as a bronze-cocoa...in fact, Smog is the perfect name. It can be endlessly combined with other shadows, but my favorite way to wear it is a medium-opaque wash, all by its lonesome, with slightly winged liner. Sex on a stick. Neutral yet not. (ref - olive skin, dark hair/eyes. will work on anyone.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kimmyO

I love this color, it has to be the shadow with the best pigmentation, payoff, and finish that I have ever owned! I have this in the UD Show Pony palette, and out of them all, Smog is my favorite. It's a goldeny brown bronzeish color, but not too gold (i hate gold shadow). It is my perfect crease color, and I can imagine it working for both day and night. IMO, it's a very unique color. Not too shimmery, no chunks of glitter, and probably would finish off any matte, neutral eye perfectly! I will definitely buy this again...and again...:)