April 20, 2014 | 1289 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missashley884

I just recently purchased this brush to apply my studio tech foundation because I didn't want to use the sponge. I love how fast and easy I can apply my makeup, and if done properly, there are NO streaks whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

20 years pro artist review. I only marked at 3, as this site is mainly for non make up artist, and without out pro discount, the price is a little steep, for a brush that can be bought much cheaper if you shop around for another brand. It does not compare with my shu uemura foundation brush, but she uemura is the rolls royce of brushes, that come with a very hefty price tag. Us pros use all sorts of brushes to blend foundations depending on whether we use fluid, cream, compact etc so I would not personally use this brush on certain products, we knows what gives us the best pro result. I prefer a big fluffer brush for liquid combined with this brush. Most of Mac brushes come a close second to shu uemura, there is far more choice and a few I prefer above shu uemura

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY reason I would buy this brush again is because I am a brand whore..lol! Other than that my Sephora angled foundation brush and Sonia K. does the same job. However, those brushes are as soft on my skin as my 190. I do fine that I apply my TM and foundation faster with the 190 because the brush head is wider and is very flexible. I see all the complaints about streaks but in my mind if your getting streaks with 190 you would get streaks with any liquid foundation brush because it is all about application. I have never gotten streaks with 190 or any other foundation brush. My advice is NOT to use the tip of the brush, but the base while pressing in fast motion before foundation dries. Cost is the only thing that would keep me from buying this brush again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by pinktearose726

I know some of you love MAC brushes and I do love most of them, but this 190 isn't good for me. It streaks when I apply my face and body foundation and I still feel I need to use my fingers ( I know it's a no no) to blend it after all. Not to mention there is a smell after I wash the brush. It makes me feel that the brush isn't getting clean enough or is holding on to some mildew or residew. I will not repurchase and I don't reccomend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Grachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of a set. Dont use it much because I dont really use liquid foundation, but when I do, this brush does the job well

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by neelu12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great standard foundation brush. these types of brushes suck in aot of product, so you need to be using it properly. I use different foundation brushes for different types of foundations, but this great for liquid. I also use mine to apply moisturiser sometimes. i know many people find that these streak and i used to too, but its because they need to use it properly. Need to apply the foundation on in streaks and then pressed it down all over your face. I learnt this off a makeup artist on youtube. Gossmakeupartist, go and check him out for more detail. Buts its a great brush, and tends to get over looked sometimes, which is a shame because if used properly it can give a great finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had never used a brush for foundation before my friend reccomended that I purchase this. It delivers a perfect finish every single time... I will never go back to using sponges or *gasp* my fingers again to blend foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at the MAC counter when I bought their studio fix foundation. I never liked the foundation but I still use this to apply revlon colorstay and at times I will miss a streak so I have to do sections and take my time. It was my first foundation brush and I haven't tried any others since I bought it in 2008 so it must be good enough. I do remember it being pricey and I just don't get why they need to be so greedy with their prices when there are similar brushes as MAC ones for 12$!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Bluehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is a classic foundation brush and I got it in a set for Christmas, so I really don't have an idea of the cost of the brush. It has semi-dense bristles, liquid foundation might get stuck easily in it, so I'd recommend regular washing.
I love the size of it-it can get into the smaller areas like under my eyes and round my lips. In the beginning it made me very streaky, but I think this might be mostly due to my own usage of the brush. So it sort of needs some practice to discern how it works best for each individual.
I find it better to first use it to disperse the foundation and then tap to prevent streakiness. If I lost I'd definitely buy it again, since it makes my foundation look more natural than if I use fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MACBeautyRush

I love this brush! It is my first foundation brush, and I don't really want to try any others! I never had any problems with streaking, and it blended beautifully! I didn't have to struggle to get a good finish, either. I would definitely recommend this if you have the money, but I'm assuming there are foundation brushes just as good for less money.