MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

on 12/28/2011 2:05:00 AM

Another HG brush from MAC.

I've found this to be the quickest an easiest way to apply creme foundation. A couple of strokes and DONE. Applying liquid with it is a pain, but I don't have the patience to apply liquid foundation with any type of brush so I suppose my opinion shouldn't count in that department.

Undoubtedly the best foundation brush I've ever owned. I'll repurchase if need be.

on 12/26/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this. It gives me a flawless and natural looking skin. I use it with circular motions and works great.

on 11/22/2011 8:52:00 AM

This is the first time I have ever tried using a foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation - I used to just use my fingers and sponges if anything, but I always thought that it is a waste of money and for some reason I always thought the brush would absorb too much product.

Until one day one of the girls I work with raved about this brush and she assured me that it actually reduces the amount of foundation you need. I had just purchased my new Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and as we all know, the coverage is SCARY good and I was in need of an application tool that can spread out the foundation thinly and evenly.

There were two foundation brushes but I picked #190 because I like the tapered edge to allow application for corners and hard to reach areas. I really love the texture - it is synthetic so it doesn't absorb the foundation, and it allows thorough cleaning. When I tried it the next morning, I was amazed at how good my skin looks - I have never been able to apply foundation this flawlessly. And the best thing is I am using less product - a major plus for me!

Now - on to the cleaning...the thing about using a foundation brush, is that you need to clean it IMMEDIATELY after every use. I have always been using 2-in-1 shampoos for my other makeup brushes but for this you need a proper foaming facial cleanser (I am using my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleaner and it does a great job, but I still have to wash it 3 times to get all the foundation off). But since I am very result-oriented when it comes to makeup, I don't mind the tiny inconvenience at all :)

Was this purchase worth it? Most definitely - I think the price is fair considering most MAC brushes I own and use on a regular basis has lasted me for more than 10 years now. Would I buy it again? You betcha - and I will definitely recommend this to anyone who are interested in applying their makeup flawlessly!!!

on 10/1/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very good foundation brush, I was able to blend my makeup out evenly and get good coverage. However, I'm used to applying my makeup with my hands, and I just found that applying my makeup with a brush was taking forever, so the last part of applying my makeup I just used my hands again. I just found that I was able to get more foundation on my face from my hands than makeup from my brush to my face. However, this is a very good brush though.

on 9/18/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this brush. I use it around my eyes and to really coverup more troubling spots with liquid foundation. I prefer my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush to apply my liquid foundation on my entire face and use the 190 to pretty much fine-tune. It's incredibly soft, too!

on 9/18/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

It's not the worst foundation brush that money can buy, but by no means is it the best. There are plenty of others that blow this out of the water in terms of quality, feel, application, and final results. An example of this is Bobbi Brown's foundation brush. If my Bobbi Brown brush is dirty, it feels like I'm downgrading when I reach for the MAC 190. It's just a completely different application.

Again, that's not to say the 190 is a terrible brush, because it's not. I guess I would say that it's a good paddle foundation brush for beginners/someone who is new to paddle foundation brushes. It makes a good starting point/reference for other brushes.

on 9/16/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a wonderful fdn brush for anybody! It resembles Louise Young's fdn brush, in texture, size and form. It is soft and blends very well, if using a right hand. VERY long-lasting, I have washed mine every two days for 5 years and it still looks like new. Thus, I don't see why I should repurchase. Should I ever lose it or break it, I shall buy another one.

I just recently purchased this brush to apply my studio tech foundation because I didn't want to use the sponge. I love how fast and easy I can apply my makeup, and if done properly, there are NO streaks whatsoever.

on 7/18/2011 8:50:00 AM

20 years pro artist review. I only marked at 3, as this site is mainly for non make up artist, and without out pro discount, the price is a little steep, for a brush that can be bought much cheaper if you shop around for another brand. It does not compare with my shu uemura foundation brush, but she uemura is the rolls royce of brushes, that come with a very hefty price tag. Us pros use all sorts of brushes to blend foundations depending on whether we use fluid, cream, compact etc so I would not personally use this brush on certain products, we knows what gives us the best pro result. I prefer a big fluffer brush for liquid combined with this brush. Most of Mac brushes come a close second to shu uemura, there is far more choice and a few I prefer above shu uemura

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The ONLY reason I would buy this brush again is because I am a brand whore..lol! Other than that my Sephora angled foundation brush and Sonia K. does the same job. However, those brushes are as soft on my skin as my 190. I do fine that I apply my TM and foundation faster with the 190 because the brush head is wider and is very flexible. I see all the complaints about streaks but in my mind if your getting streaks with 190 you would get streaks with any liquid foundation brush because it is all about application. I have never gotten streaks with 190 or any other foundation brush. My advice is NOT to use the tip of the brush, but the base while pressing in fast motion before foundation dries. Cost is the only thing that would keep me from buying this brush again.

Top Rated MAC Products