Remington Wet 2 Straight

3.6

on 1/15/2011 6:58:00 PM

This left my hair very very frizzy,dried and damaged looking. It snagged everytime and I had to go over my hair 3-4 times just to get it straight. Of course it never stayed straight for more than 30 seconds. I guess you get what you pay for. It did have heat settings, that was nice.

on 12/19/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great straightener for the price. I got this after my old one broke and it definitely works better than my old one. However, after using a chi at a friend's house it was hard to go back to this one. The chi seemed to make my hair much shinier. This one, if you aren't careful about conditioning can break your hair terribly at the ends. It may be straight but it doesn't seem to care too much about the health of your hair.

on 12/11/2010 2:56:00 PM

I inherited mine from my sister when she decided to buy a pricier, ~prettier~ straightener. I believe that mine is going on five or six years old, and it's still working perfectly. I have thick, wiry, generally uncontrollable hair, but this straightener (even at the lowest setting!) makes my hair smooth, straight, and manageable. It stays that way all day, too, which is a first for me. If this one kicks the bucket, I will happily replace it with another.

on 11/18/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this straightner!!! It really makes your hair super straight and it lasts the whole entire day and night!!! I got my sisters hooked on it...

on 8/24/2010 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I added this to my arsenal of styling toosl after seeing it at Wal Mart and being intrigued by the idea of using it on wet hair. I took it home to try on towel-dried hair, and found that while it emits lots of steam, four passes left my hair still pretty damp and stringy-wavy. When I used this after blow drying, on barely damp hair, it gave much better results. Shiny, smooth and nearly-dry hair that remained frizz-free for most of the day. No different than a nomal flatiron if you ask me, and I need something with a gimmick, so I replaced this with the Conair Steam Straightener, used on dry hair, which I love.

on 7/23/2010 12:58:00 PM

Bought the 2 inch on sale for 24 dollars and I absolutely LOVE it! my hair is extremely curly, thick, and frizzy naturally but this straightener(with product of course) makes it PIN straight. I can never justify spending tons of money on a hair straightener so I really have no high end brand (chi, ghd) to compare it to but i have had hot tools, instyler, conair, and an old Revlon one and the Remington wet2straight trumps them ALL. Hopefully my love affair lasts.

I have looked at the pic and not sure if this is the same flat iron, because mine is not "flat", it has a "hump". With that said, I am going to give my review.

I purchased it 3 or 4 years ago because of the new hair style I had chosen (well my hair stylist chose,lol), was going to need to flaten and slightly curl my hair. With the hump in it, in my opinion, it works like a wide curling iron. I also now had longer bangs, so this worked very well to give the bangs a slight curl instead of burning my forehead with a curling iron.
It gave my THICK hair with a natural wave, a calm flat look that would wrap under my chin area and it didn't look so thick. It did take more than one swipe to give that curl I needed, not sure if it's the item or my thick hair. I have used it on dry and damp hair, I did try it a little wetter than damp, and it started to sizzle. Kind of a scary sound, haven't done it since. It has done no damage to my hair, but I do condition my hair well with its thickness. I have also read that a lot of people have had hair pulled, I haven't had a hair pulled out.
I love that it heats up fast, 30 seconds I think. I love that it has a variety of temps to use, I love the end results, always. The only thing I can think of that I do not really like is that it gets HOT and not thinking I touched the end to give it a slight squeeze and felt it for the rest of the day. Somebody elses review mentioned that it makes an annoying sound all the time, it does when not in use, I just unplug it.

Overall, I do like this, it does what I want it to and yes I would buy another one.

Before I got my CHI, this was a holy-grail product. It gets the job done and is very durable. I have obsessive compulsive disorder and am terrified of electrical appliances catching fire, so the fact that this straightener has an "auto off" feature is amazing! I never did use it when my hair was wet because that is extremely damaging. A con is that it does pull out some of my hair that gets stuck in it, but hey, you get what you pay for, right? This straightener is good for the price.

on 6/30/2010 8:54:00 PM

First off, let's start with the positives. If you're lucky enough, you can come across this iron in limited edition colors. Rich red, a purple-ish blue, and my color, a pink salmon referred to as "tropical flowers". Though, it's been very hard near me, to find any colors (except until recently). And the internet doesn't broadcast them, either.

Now, I love straightening irons that can straighten my hair while damp, because honestly, I get better results than blow drying, better shine, etc. I first had fallen in love with the conair version, but the durability of it, was awful. After two weeks of amazing hair, it did not work one morning.(I think somebody dropped it, but again, these things sit on sinks and tables and should withstand one fall). Which took me to a revlon, that was just so so, but worked. I should mention it wasn't a wet 2 straight type iron. Nothing grand. But the durability is A+

Not only can this iron be used on wet hair, but dry hair as well. It heats up quickly, the lcd screen is refreshing, and the guide is great. I still recommend heat sprays and serums, though. Also, the longer plates on mine, are nice to have. The only negatives might be is that it does, sometimes, pull on hair. And that, it heats up so fast, you're easier to get burned. But, those are very small, and it's only sometimes. And besides, when dealing with anything hot, you should always be careful. I just... love it.

on 6/22/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went to NYC for the week and forgot my GHD's back home in London, so I went to look for a straightner and picked this one out, mainly because the price was pretty cheap. I used this on slightly damp hair and it straightned it amazingly. Heats up super quickly and left my hair straight for days on end without getting wavy, even in the NY humidity! However, it is REALLY hot and I've burnt myself with these so many times. I've burnt myself before with my GHD's, but this is 10x more painful for some reason. Anyway...I'd recommend this straightner. BTW I have thick hair

Top Rated Remington Products