Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5.0%), Zinc Oxide (5.0%) Water, Cyclomethicone, Diisopropyl Adipate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Beeswax, Dimethicone Copolyol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Tristearate, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Steareth 100, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/29/2004 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Went to a facial and was recommended this sunscreen--it broke my out and gave me rashy skin. Perhaps it protected me against the sun's harmful rays but I'd rather not stick around to find out--it's all-natural Alba Botanicals for me

on 6/17/2004 9:52:00 PM

Was excited to try this sunscreen - but boy, it hurt!! Stung my skin and by the end of the day my face was red. Have to return it - unfortunately!

on 3/20/2004 12:57:00 PM

This is a wonderful product under makeup, and I've gone through quite a few tubes, but the UVA protection just isn't high enough to use it again. This stinks, too, because I've never found a sunscreen that worked as well as this one as a makeup base.

on 3/18/2004 11:34:00 AM

It is the best sunblock product I had ever used. I have very sensitive skin that is easily irritated by oily sunscreen. however this sunscreen didn't irritate me at all, it gives radiant look for me as well. Excellent~!

on 3/17/2004 10:51:00 AM

This is a great product that seems to suit most skin types.I work as a make up artist and have been long searching for a sunblock that does not irritate, is long lasting and is good as a make up base. This seems to fit my criteria. Models are always asking what I have used as they like the light, non clogging texture.As I am often working with the same model on trips for a week or more, it is essential that their skin remains in good condition.This product lives up to my expectations.

on 3/7/2004 9:06:00 AM

I purchased this based on the comments here and elsewhere about it being the best sunscreen for the face. I can't usually tolerate sunscreens because they either irritate my skin or make it unbearably greasy, or leave a horrid white cast. Well, so far I have to say this is the best, in that it goes on smoothly and leaves my skin looking mostly matte and not like I am wearing any sunscreen at all. It feels like wearing nothing on my face. While it has no obvious white cast, I have noticed that my skin appears ever so slightly paler with this on, but in a good way (!?) It appears to even out my skin tone slightly. The only reasons I have not given it a five are (1) makeup doesn't go on over it as well as over regular moisturiser (it ends up looking a bit heavier), and (2) I've now heard that this does not offer the best UVA protection... however, I will continue to use this as a daily sunscreen and choose something stronger should I go on a tropical holiday... By the way I haven't used this continuously for very long as yet so I can't comment on breakouts, but fingers crossed!

on 2/2/2004 11:28:00 PM

I had purchased this from Ebay at a reasonable price. I was looking for a good quality sunscreen, and many sources indicated this to be one of the best. I certainly can't disagree, but I must admit I don't have anything to which to compare. The creamy lotion absorbs quickly into the skin and does not leave any white cast or cause blemishes. I now realize that the SPF 20 may be somewhat deficient in good UVA/UVB protection (thus the four), but for now, this has become an important part of my skincare routine.

on 1/24/2004 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The is for the spf 20. Much to my surprise a good product, does not leave a cast, and is somewhat matte. Since this is winter, and even tho I am N-O, I still need a little moisturizer underneath, which the instructions actually recommends. Overall, a good product.

on 12/28/2003 1:39:00 PM

Good product, as is the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 45. I would purchase both again, but the Ultimate UV is better, imho. I just wish they were both cheaper. Will repurchase for summer.

on 10/22/2003 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used the SPF 20 one. Its texture is great, not too heavy, non-greasy but just enough for my normal to dry skin and very mild. I even use it after the laser treatment. It gives me semi matte finish. But I have heard it does not provide the best UVA protection and its price is pretty high in Hong Kong, so I only give it 4 stars. But I would still repurchase as there are not much choice of good sunscreen in Hong Kong, (others I want to try are Dior Snow and Lancome) and its texture is great. No wonder Allure picks it this year as star sunscreen.

Top Rated Skinceuticals Products