July 24, 2014 | 1538 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, this stuff is about as good as it is ever going to get for me as far as facial moisturizers go. I used it about 5 years ago when I was on my journey to clear skin. It was hard to tell, at that time, whether the CeraVe was beneficial, or whether it was causing a break out, because I was new with retin A and Spironolactone, and just getting my skin under control. I used MD Forte's Hydrate Replenish cream faithfully for years until it was discontinued (the supposed company replacement broke me out,) and it is still, to date, the only moisturizer that has never caused so much as even a clogged pore.

So off on a journey to find a new moisturizer I went. I picked up a bottle of this at Target after remembering it from years before, and it has been working pretty well for me so far. I get flakes from retin A and it seems to keep that under control. I, unfortunately, cannot wear it twice a day like I'd like to, or I get a few tiny little white heads, but if I stick to just in the morning, my skin does fine. My husband has been enjoying it as well, he says he likes that it doesn't feel sticky. For the price, the huge amount you get it a great deal as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by GenniferLynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome. Nothing better for me on any shelf out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Big thanks to the gals on the Skincare Board for recommending this when I asked about a gentle moisturizer (available at the drugstore) to help my Retinol-dry and flakey skin!

I almost missed it on the shelf because the bottle looks like a hand/body moisturizer -- big container -- you get lots of lotion for a very good price.

This stuff is awesome. Did exactly what I was hoping: moisturized and calmed any irritation and got rid of the flakies.

No bells and whistles (extra age-fighting ingred/vitamins/spf) -- but my skin is very reactive and I haven't had much luck with moisturizers lately -- except for this on

Will always have this on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited awhile while using this because I wanted to give a accurate review just for a thought I have been through almost every high end and drugstore moisturizers for my sensitive to everything/acne prone/ extremely flaky and dry and oily at the same time ( if your wondering yes it's possible ) and it all seemed to be money down the drain. I've been using this for a month and it has done nothing to irritate my skin or clog my pores. It soaks in decently and is moisturizing it doesn't have a scent which I love and need and for the most part it did what I needed it to do. It was moisturizing just not enough for me I would suggest this to someone with my kind of skin it's just for me myself I need something I little thicker I wanted to try this before I tried the cerave moisturizing cream because I hate sticking my fingers in tubs of stuff clean or not especially when it's used on my face but I think I'm gunna try it next. Don't get me wrong it kept my flakes and dry sensitive skin at bay but me myself I need something heavier which is why I took one Lippy away I would still highly suggest this for people with similar problems

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by milkglass59

I have rosacea which causes redness and dryness. My dermatologist recommended this product line. I love all I've tried accept the PM version. It has an acne deterrent ingredient that was very drying. I'm sure it's fine for others. My only con is the pump dispenser. I prefer the squeeze top so you can easily use the product to the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by palmbeachgirl

Amazing ! My skin was very dry from using proactiv. I scooped this up with the foaming cleanser at Kmart for 7.00$ each on sale. My skin now feels soft and I no longer have dry spots on my brows or eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Holy Grail product for me am using this in combination of Acne.org Regimen!
This is my day and night moisturiser. I purchase from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian), I usually wait for a sale then stock up @$12.99 but i get a coupon from their facebook page $2off which brings the price to $10.99 and stock up from there. My skin is combination oily but this works amazing while under the Acne.org Regimen.

PROS:
-Moisturising perfect to use on the Acne.org Regimen
-Not Greasy, absorbs very well
-1 and half pumps covers my face nicely without too greasy or dry
-Price is quite good
-Ingredients very effective and true to their claims
-No breakouts
-Leaves skin hydrated throughout the day and/or night
-No Fragrance and bad ingredients
-The texture is nice and blends good too perfect for under the makeup too.

CONS:
-Price if i cant find a sale
-if over applying can lead to greasy-ness

Cant really find a con and this is my ONLY review without a Con which means
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!! My skin is Acne combination oily prone. Only use this lotion if your on the Acne.org regimen or on something that is drying out your skin and you need something to balance it out. Works perfectly dont forget to find the $2 printable facebook coupons they come in hand especially when your stocking up!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how this makes my skin feel.

PROS: It absorbs so quickly and leaves not a trace of greasiness behind. It doesn't break me out. My skin looks good when I use this, and feels like it has been quenched. It's cheap and easily available. Honestly, I think this does good things for skin.

CONS: When I first apply it, I have to admit that my skin turns quite red, which is a bit worrying. But that goes away within seconds. It's not moisturizing enough during the cold winter months, but otherwise this always does the trick. Finally, I really try to use natural products, and this has a few nasty preservatives in it. As a result, I try not to use it every day but when I do, my face is always happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hippobottomous

This is my HG body lotion. Not only is it super cheap but it works better than any other expensive lotions I have bought (Clinique, biotherm, vichy, roche, ive tried em all) I have nutoriously dry skin and this is the only thing that has completely healed it. It actually made my dry skin go away, not just cover it up a bit untill the next time I took a shower. After using for a few weeks I noticed I didnt have to use as much or as often. It absorbs so quickly in the morning that I was really suprised at its strength. With Aveno I found it really stick even by the end of the day and it wasnt even doing anything! My search for the perfect lotion is over, what a relief. I will likely never even look at another moisturizer again. Thanks CeraVe!

PS. I also found it tightened my skin, especially on upper thighs. Huge bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by barbyc0518

love this product have started to even use on my face.