September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by EmmaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG moisturizer!

*Morning: Quarter pump on dry areas of face.
*Night: Full pump in conjunction with Retin-A and possibly a few drops of Jojoba oil, depending on the staus of my skin

*The Good: Easily available, pump dispenser, combats the pesky flakies during the day, hydrates well over night, excellent overall moisturizer

*The Bad: Bit pricey compared to other moisturizers

*Overall: Been using this moisturizer for over 3 years and it has done nothing but good for my skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face during colder months, in addition to my normal facial moisturizer. I get a little oily by the afternoon, but that's nothing oil blotters (or a toilet seat cover) can't fix. Works well under powder makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by akneil

This is a really great face lotion. It is very moisturizing and the hayluronic acid in it helps my skin keep in the moisture. I've noticed a few people say this, but when I apply this, my face flushes. It's kind of odd. I wear foundation daily, so it doesn't really matter, but it definitely does cause a red flush on me. I also prefer applying this at night, it's a little bit heavy and greasy. If I do apply in the morning it's a very small amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Love. This is a great unscented lotion that's really hydrating, and my skin loves it. I use on my hands, face and body, and have bottles of it stashed everywhere. When using the Cerave lotion as a facial moisturizer, I mix it with a few drops of my face oil and the combo moisturizes beautifully. I will definitely continue to repurchase.
***Edit- I can't use this on my face, as it causes breakouts. The breakouts are relatively minor, but still. As an aside, this stuff has completely rehabilitated my feet in two months, which really surprised me, since the lotion is kind of light. I've been applying the lotion religiously as I dress each morning, applying right before putting on my socks. I have no more cracked heels, which is amazing, because the cracks were quite deep. If I want more moisture for my feet, I also apply the lotion at night, follow up with a coat of Vaseline on top, then put on socks. My feet are ridiculously soft the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, this stuff is about as good as it is ever going to get for me as far as facial moisturizers go. I used it about 5 years ago when I was on my journey to clear skin. It was hard to tell, at that time, whether the CeraVe was beneficial, or whether it was causing a break out, because I was new with retin A and Spironolactone, and just getting my skin under control. I used MD Forte's Hydrate Replenish cream faithfully for years until it was discontinued (the supposed company replacement broke me out,) and it is still, to date, the only moisturizer that has never caused so much as even a clogged pore.

So off on a journey to find a new moisturizer I went. I picked up a bottle of this at Target after remembering it from years before, and it has been working pretty well for me so far. I get flakes from retin A and it seems to keep that under control. I, unfortunately, cannot wear it twice a day like I'd like to, or I get a few tiny little white heads, but if I stick to just in the morning, my skin does fine. My husband has been enjoying it as well, he says he likes that it doesn't feel sticky. For the price, the huge amount you get it a great deal as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by GenniferLynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome. Nothing better for me on any shelf out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Big thanks to the gals on the Skincare Board for recommending this when I asked about a gentle moisturizer (available at the drugstore) to help my Retinol-dry and flakey skin!

I almost missed it on the shelf because the bottle looks like a hand/body moisturizer -- big container -- you get lots of lotion for a very good price.

This stuff is awesome. Did exactly what I was hoping: moisturized and calmed any irritation and got rid of the flakies.

No bells and whistles (extra age-fighting ingred/vitamins/spf) -- but my skin is very reactive and I haven't had much luck with moisturizers lately -- except for this on

Will always have this on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited awhile while using this because I wanted to give a accurate review just for a thought I have been through almost every high end and drugstore moisturizers for my sensitive to everything/acne prone/ extremely flaky and dry and oily at the same time ( if your wondering yes it's possible ) and it all seemed to be money down the drain. I've been using this for a month and it has done nothing to irritate my skin or clog my pores. It soaks in decently and is moisturizing it doesn't have a scent which I love and need and for the most part it did what I needed it to do. It was moisturizing just not enough for me I would suggest this to someone with my kind of skin it's just for me myself I need something I little thicker I wanted to try this before I tried the cerave moisturizing cream because I hate sticking my fingers in tubs of stuff clean or not especially when it's used on my face but I think I'm gunna try it next. Don't get me wrong it kept my flakes and dry sensitive skin at bay but me myself I need something heavier which is why I took one Lippy away I would still highly suggest this for people with similar problems

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by milkglass59

I have rosacea which causes redness and dryness. My dermatologist recommended this product line. I love all I've tried accept the PM version. It has an acne deterrent ingredient that was very drying. I'm sure it's fine for others. My only con is the pump dispenser. I prefer the squeeze top so you can easily use the product to the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by palmbeachgirl

Amazing ! My skin was very dry from using proactiv. I scooped this up with the foaming cleanser at Kmart for 7.00$ each on sale. My skin now feels soft and I no longer have dry spots on my brows or eyelids.