April 16, 2014 | 1564 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This blush comes out too red on my skintone (NC30/C4) It doesnt suit me at all and makes my skin almost look a bit burned.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lexamilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought Orgasm but I dont like it...I have oily skin and it made my pores look huge but this blush is soo pretty! It has no glitter and its soo nice on my skine and it stays!
I Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This blush is super pigmented so a little goes along way. On me it is more of a rosy pink color then a coral, but it is still beautiful. It is definitely much more pigmented then my other nars blush, deep throat. It is a matte blush so it is very forgiving on large pores or any small wrinkles . All over very pleased with this purchase:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Sweetbre3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my top favorite blushes for sure! I love this blush it seems a bit scary at first but on tanned skin its beautiful and looks pretty natural. Mine broke after dropping it.. im still devistaded but i will go out and buy a new one soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently an nc42 (nc35-37 during winter) and this blush is the perfect color for my tanned skin. It gives me the kind of glow I would get from a morning run. I was using NARS O as an everyday blush for a while but grew tired of the glittery finish. I also had a hard time getting it to show up decently when I'm tan so I decided to find one that is matte and a bit darker. Some people described this blush as O without the glitter but I would say this is a tad more coral/pink and yes, a bit darker. A little goes a long way and even on my tanned skin, I still have to be careful with application as it's very easy to overdo it. I don't see myself hitting pan anytime soon but this is a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't decide whether I like this or Dolce Vita best. Amour is perfect for every day, every look. It just makes me look...awake. I don't really find it to be a coral color, just a light, bright warm pink. And as with all Nars blushes, it is pigmented and a little tap for each cheek will do. I apply mine with MAC 187, because I'd look like a child who found mom's makeup for the first time if I used a normal blush brush with any of the Nars blushes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by jbbendt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this thing. I just got mine in the mail and have been playing with it for a bit. Thankfully I got a discount on this, because $27 is a tad steep...that said, this blush is SO pigmented it will take me AGES to hit pan. I'm fairly tan and still have to use a light hand else I end up over-applying. Lovely coral color, and definitely could become my HG blush. Just have to be a tad careful with application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's probably HG for me. Let me just preface this by saying that my other HG blush at this point is MAC Well Dressed so I don't go for bright blushes. This one looks really bright which is why I avoided it. The only other NARS blush I've owned is Torrid which looked perfect in the store but when I got it home was red. It was also so pigmented that I couldn't get a small enough on my brush to apply evenly. It was just too much work, didn't look all that great, and in the end I returned it.
Back to Amour, this blush had none of the issues Torrid had. I tap my brush2-3x to get the right amount of pigment and it gives me a perfect natural bright pink flush. Oddly enough, it is the same shade (not intensity) I turn when I sunburn (my chest was burned and I put this on my face).
I noticed a lot of fair girls are having trouble with this blush being to potent. I'm pretty darn pale (Clinique and Estee Lauder don't make a foundation light enough to match me) and using a MAC 129 to apply, I have no trouble at all. And I did struggle with Torrid. I do have to say, I did not own the MAC 129 when I had Torrid. I think I used a MAC 168 or equivalent with Torrid, so maybe it's the brush you use. In Sephora when they tried Amour on me, they used a small dome brush, like the MAC 109. I haven't tried applying with a 109 yet. I'll update when I do.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AquaGlitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the idea of this color, but the reality is its a little intense for me. I can make it work if I'm VERY lighthanded, but when I'm not careful I've been asked if I have a sunburn :P I probably wouldn't buy it again only because its too easy for me to over-do it...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only blush i own because i find it hard to find a nice blush with my nc45/nc50 skin and this one is pretty good. doesnt have the best staying power, but looks AMAZING if you put it on top of the NARS multiple in palm beach.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No