Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Smoldering Plum

4.3

Talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, nylon-12, lauryl laurate, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 7 lake, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 36 lake, manganese violet, red 30 lake, red 33 lake, red 28 lake, red 34 lake, ultramarines, yellow 6 lake, red 6 lake.

on 12/4/2008 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this--I'm a PPP, neutral/cool with dark brunette hair and green eyes. Berries and plums seem to work well on me so I was naturally drawn to this shade. This formula has more pigment and more lasting power than the Soft Pressed Powder blushes but I am taking off one lippie for this shade because of the shimmers....it is a little too much for my preferences. Other than that, it is a great blush.

on 10/3/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this blush in a GWP palette last spring and I've been wearing it ever since. It is the perfect shade of plum; it gives my cheeks soft, subtle color. Smoldering Plum is great because it goes with just about any shade of eye shadow and lip gloss. It's so natural-looking, it almost seems as if you are not wearing blush -- just a beautiful natural glow. I will definitely repurchase this blush when I use up the sample I received.

Eyes: Violet

i got this in plum from a promotional package. didnt like the color at all!
horrible for pale girls. the texture is nice, but if your pale go for a lighter color.

on 6/10/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

love this color! I tend to steer away from plum colors, but this came in a compact I bought and I had to try it out. It works great! definitely my get up and go blush when I am in a rush....it is very very hard to mess up application. I just swirl some on the brush and then swipe it a few times on the bottom half of my cheek bones and on the apples of my cheeks. slims my face and stays all day. doesn't look chalky....clinique blushes seem to be very high quality. love!

on 5/6/2008 10:10:00 PM

I love this blush! It takes only a tiny, tiny bit to get a great sheen of color, and it lasts all day! I adore the color - it always looks great! It's definitely a strong color, and if you wear too much it hardly looks natural, but it's great if you dust just a tiny bit on. :)

One thing to watch out for: I loved it so much that I kept it in my bag, and after about a week, the powder broke and got all over the inside of my bag. I got a second one, and I leave it at home so it won't break.

on 5/6/2008 4:39:00 PM

The color is too plummy for me. It's a little bit too purple on me to look natural. It's ok to wear a teeny bit to get a flush, but if you apply too much, it's purple.

This blush is powdery and goes on as a pinkish color. I do like it, but I have to put on a lot to see any color at all. I don't like the sparkles in it, but at least it's not really visible. Maybe suitable with people who have fair skin tone, but my skin isn't thaat dark, so... I dunno, if it was more pigmented I would repurchase. But a good thing is that you probably wouldn't look like a doll if you over do it.

Update: After a while, this has grown on me. I really do like it now. Gives you nice pink cheeks without any sparkle, even if you see sparkle in the product. :)

on 4/2/2008 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Plum is the hot blush color right now according to magazines. I figured I totally couldn't pull it off especially seeing as I don't really use blush. Boy was I wrong! This is totally gorgeous. Instead of the usual spring pink blush, this is a sexy sort of flush. Nothing cute about it! It's nice and easy to apply. In order to get a lot of color you have to layer it, so it's hard to apply too much. I really like this!

on 3/26/2008 8:27:00 PM

At the moment, this is my HG blush. I usually throw some on when I'm needing a bit of color on bad days. Lol. It is an old rose/plum color with a little bit of sparkle in it. I love the packaging, and the price isn't too bad compared to most other high-end brands. I'll most likely re-purchase if I ever run out, but one pan seems to last a looong time for me. :) I kinda regret giving away my GWP size version of it...oh well.

on 3/13/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was a little afraid of a plum blush. I'm very fair with quite a bit of natural rosiness to my cheeks. This looked really natural and a bit glowy when I applied it lightly and blended it well. I think us fair girls have to use a light hand or it may look crazy dark. It doesn't look like plum on me, more of a slightly shimmery rose. I have a gwp size, and I think I would rebuy this, but I have so many blushes, I doubt I'd ever finish any of them.