July 29, 2014 | 1467 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Smoldering Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love this color! I tend to steer away from plum colors, but this came in a compact I bought and I had to try it out. It works great! definitely my get up and go blush when I am in a rush....it is very very hard to mess up application. I just swirl some on the brush and then swipe it a few times on the bottom half of my cheek bones and on the apples of my cheeks. slims my face and stays all day. doesn't look chalky....clinique blushes seem to be very high quality. love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kelseypaige

I love this blush! It takes only a tiny, tiny bit to get a great sheen of color, and it lasts all day! I adore the color - it always looks great! It's definitely a strong color, and if you wear too much it hardly looks natural, but it's great if you dust just a tiny bit on. :)

One thing to watch out for: I loved it so much that I kept it in my bag, and after about a week, the powder broke and got all over the inside of my bag. I got a second one, and I leave it at home so it won't break.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The color is too plummy for me. It's a little bit too purple on me to look natural. It's ok to wear a teeny bit to get a flush, but if you apply too much, it's purple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

This blush is powdery and goes on as a pinkish color. I do like it, but I have to put on a lot to see any color at all. I don't like the sparkles in it, but at least it's not really visible. Maybe suitable with people who have fair skin tone, but my skin isn't thaat dark, so... I dunno, if it was more pigmented I would repurchase. But a good thing is that you probably wouldn't look like a doll if you over do it.

Update: After a while, this has grown on me. I really do like it now. Gives you nice pink cheeks without any sparkle, even if you see sparkle in the product. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Plum is the hot blush color right now according to magazines. I figured I totally couldn't pull it off especially seeing as I don't really use blush. Boy was I wrong! This is totally gorgeous. Instead of the usual spring pink blush, this is a sexy sort of flush. Nothing cute about it! It's nice and easy to apply. In order to get a lot of color you have to layer it, so it's hard to apply too much. I really like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At the moment, this is my HG blush. I usually throw some on when I'm needing a bit of color on bad days. Lol. It is an old rose/plum color with a little bit of sparkle in it. I love the packaging, and the price isn't too bad compared to most other high-end brands. I'll most likely re-purchase if I ever run out, but one pan seems to last a looong time for me. :) I kinda regret giving away my GWP size version of it...oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by gobraves47

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a little afraid of a plum blush. I'm very fair with quite a bit of natural rosiness to my cheeks. This looked really natural and a bit glowy when I applied it lightly and blended it well. I think us fair girls have to use a light hand or it may look crazy dark. It doesn't look like plum on me, more of a slightly shimmery rose. I have a gwp size, and I think I would rebuy this, but I have so many blushes, I doubt I'd ever finish any of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is too dark for my skin tone. It would look awesome on someone who is tanned or darker than a ghost. I love the mini compact (GWP) better than the original full-sized compact because the gwp is a square shaped so it's better to get at with the brush. The regular full-sized compact is a lot prettier b/c of the silvery mirror look, but it's functionality is poor. The blush in the compact is a rectangle shape which is hard to get at evenlly with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent blush. It looks really purple in the container, but when applied it looks more pink. The pigment is great, but totally not overbearing. Shimmer is barely noticeable. Because I've been a loyal NARS Orgasm fan, I will make a comparison with it- Smoldering Plum is like a cool-toned version of NARS Orgasm. That great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by saloco

This was a GWP and I've been using it for a few months now. I've fallen in love with it and have now bought one for my pro kit too.
The colour is gorgeous. On my skin it creates a really natural pinky plum blush with a tiny hint of shimmer for a subtle glow. It's fantastic quality, you don't need a lot of it.
And the best part is that it stays put all day. Not many blushes I've tried have managed that.