Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 9/8/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this shampoo. Repurchased so many times. It does slowly help with hair growth.

on 8/31/2014 9:19:00 AM

I have tried all shampoos and conditioners ranging from Bumble & bumble to Kerastase. This is by far the best best shampoo and conditioner I have ever found! I have bleached hair and it has made my hair feel super soft and in MUCH better condition. I honestly cannot praise this product enough. I have made all my friends try it and they love it. I would say if you have fine hair it might not work as well, but if your hair is thick and coloured it works really well!

on 8/27/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Use this for my hair and my daughters hair. She is now 6 and her hair is past her bottom. We cut it at least every 3months to keep it at that length otherwise it would be much longer. Her hair is gorgeous and she gets lots of compliments.
As for me this makes my hair super shiny. I wish it would help with the damage I have caused by using other products and using styling tools but I am on my way back to healthier hair. I love the shine and scent it leaves on my hair. In the bottle I don't think it smells the best but I love that it is NOT fuity ughhh how I hate fruity childish scented shampoos and conditioners. This just smells like shampoo and leaves my hair Nice and clean smelling. Really enjoy that this scent actually sticks around on the hair.

on 8/25/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this since it was recommended by a friend. I have asian hair & I thought it would help me grow out my hair. I didn't see it grow faster or anything. But it did leave my hair soft , I would not recommend if your hair gets greasy easily but overall it's ok.

on 8/23/2014 11:18:00 PM

I bought this shampoo after listening to the cult hype. I heard it made hair strong and shiny and was inexpensive. While it may work for other hair types, I have hair that is thick in weight and fine in texture. OILY does not even begin to describe how terrible it made my hair look. I always read reviews and deduct my hair type from each post, so if you have fine hair at all or hair that shows oil...DO NOT USE! :)

on 8/18/2014 8:23:00 PM

HATE THIS SHAMPOO + CONDITIONER!!!!
A few months ago I chopped a bunch of my hair off and I wanted to grow it out again. I saw that this shampoo helps your hair grow and my friend recommended it to me but I absolutely hated it!!! It make my scalp so itchy and my hair was suuuuuper oily even right after my hair dried. My hair felt so fried and disgusting and I never put heat on my hair. Do not buy this shampoo EVER

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Has kind of baby hair, oily &stick, and quite heavy hair loss. Very thin even friends could see the skin on my head because of super thin hair.
did try this because a friend recommend it and i love it!!
hair becoming healthier and feeling thicker.
:) :)
definitely good shampoo!

I was first introduced to mane n tail by my friend, looking for thicker hair because mine is very thin. Her mother used it on her when she was younger to bring about thicker hair because hers was thin. Her hair is very thick so I began using main n tail shampoo on and off. I just recently bought some after a few months of switching shampoos. I do not use the conditioner on my hair because it makes my hair feel super thin, which all conditioner has that effect on my hair. I have naturally curly hair from my mom so my hair is pretty dry. I like how the shampoo makes my hair feel thicker after using it, especially when my hair dries, but the shampoo does dry out your hair so if I don't brush my hair as soon as I finish washing my hair, my hair will become a frizzy mess. The shampoo itself I do not believe makes hair grow thicker, but maybe leaves residue or something on the hair that allows you to feel that thickness. I say this because when I switch shampoos or the moment I use conditioner my hair will go back to feeling thin and looking thin after a little while. I did do a test where I took pictures every couple of weeks from the beginning of using the shampoo up until the present time. All shampoo is different on different hair types and results vary. As long as you use the conditioner with the shampoo I do recommend trying mane n tail because after usage I also noticed healthier nails that grow quicker along with hair growth. The cost is maybe 5-6 dollars, so for a pretty cheap shampoo is does work for me.

on 8/7/2014 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My hair is naturally thick, but after a bout of over processing and too many bleach jobs, my hair needed a remedy (starting with how I clean it).

First off: This shampoo will not give you more follicles on your scalp, or make your hair thicker. It will however, get rid of dirt, grime, environmental damage and product for healthier hair (which leads to shinier, more bouncier hair but not so much actual thickness). Any good shampoo with do that for you, but Mane N Tail is sold at a decent price for the amount you get. I personally prefer Folicure (a semi-professional brand) for lifeless, dull, almost strawlike and brittle hair to reconstitute bad hair follicles, but Mane N Tail is great for upkeep after you've saved your hair from a near death experience.

This product has made my hair grow really fast and has made my hair healthier.it has done everything it says it would including promoting hair growth preventing breakage and mending split ends. I got it soon after getting a hair cut and I still had split ends and this really pulled through. I am repurchasing it. Its a great buy!