Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay, so after using this "concealer" for a couple days, I can officially say that IT SUCKS!! This may be a "highlighter" but its being sold as a concealer and either way you try to use it, it just plain sucks. Its consistency is terrible, not very thick at all. I got matched with "light" since I'm fair/light skintoned and the over all effect once applied under the eyes is barely opaque. My dark circles really arent drastic by any means, but you still want what you're using to cover it. This crap just puts a small amount of cover over it, I can still see the shadow. So back to the counter it goes. The applicator doesnt bother me. I like the fact that it has a brush, makes it easier for travel. I wont be buying again. I'll stick with my Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. The reason it gets a 2 star from me is I like the packaging.

on 6/30/2009 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i think girls at Estee Lauder don't know what this product is:
this is not a concealer, this is just a very good iluminator!
i use it that way:
hydratant
concealer (erase paste, benefit)
foundation (matte)
powder (matte)
and then this product for the glow!

just apply it where you want to glow: apple of your cheeks, above the browns, right in the middle.
If you feel like also in your forehead and nose and chin.
but in very little quantity, one application should be enough.
inner OUT corners of your eyes

avoid using it close to your eyes if you have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses.
avoid using it in the out corners of your eyes if you have lines.

on 5/5/2009 7:35:00 AM

I will never buy this again!! I applied the way I was supposed to and after that I my eyes turned really red and would not stop watering! DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE EYES!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay concealer. I have olive-tan skin and I bought it in medium-deep. When I first started using this, I didn't realize that three 'clicks' of the wand would send the watery concealer splurting out from the brush (one click is enough). It does an okay job covering my dark circles -- it does fade after a couple hours though. ;\

on 4/20/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this as a concealer.....It sucks as a concealer, it makes the dark circles not any lighter but gives them a glow so that you have purple and glowy undereye circles..... But then i tried it as a highlighter under my eyebrow and that was pretty nice. I wil never buy it again tho...

on 3/23/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ended up with this product even thought I asked for Double Wear concealer... Realized I had the wrong concealer when I got home and decided to give it a try anyway. It didn't cover nearly as well as Double Wear for minor imperfections. Thought maybe it would work well for my eyes (under eye and lid as primer), but this seemed to age me about 10 years. Returned it today and got my Double Wear.

**I got this 20% off at Bergner's - they are having their Goodwill sale and it ends tomorrow.

on 1/10/2009 2:01:00 AM

I generally shy away from anything that has a self pumping wand, but this is a goodie. Sometimes when I'm super lazy, I just brush this onto the ruddy areas of my skin and call it a day. Surprising since I can't stand anything else from EL.

on 8/23/2008 2:15:00 PM

I find that thicker concealer often does the opposite of what its supposed to do, it just makes the dark circles more obvious.

This concealer (I use nr.3) looks natural & glowvy under my eyes.
Let it sit for a few seconds before patting it in with your ringfinger.

on 7/18/2008 8:46:00 PM

my hg hilighter/concealer. i disagree with those who say this doesn't cover old acne spots. the trick with this product is to always leave it to semi-dry (just a while. as long as you don't see it being so wet as when you first applied), then blend with your middle finger with a tapping action. it doesn't settle into fine lines as long as you don't put powder over (well there really isn't a need to! very long-lasting). this is a good concealer even for those who don't use foundation as the finish is really natural (just remember to pick a shade that suits your skin tone) and doesn't give your the inverted panda look which a lot of brighteners and concealers do. i prefer this to ysl (weird colours and stinky) and clarins (doesn't blend on top of powder for touch-ups).
mac nc 20-25 i use light 01

I think I'm finally "getting" this concealer. When I tried it in the store, the lady put like 8 pounds of under my eyes and I was immediately repulsed. The reviews, however, have been so positive that I caved to temptation and bought some. I was concerned at first because it seems to me to go on kind of "chalky." However, I have come to realize that, for touch-ups, the "chalkiness" is perfect because it does away with the usual build-up of oiliness on my skin over the course of the day - kind of like a subtle cream-to-powder effect. So, works great for me in that respect. However, I am still not sure I would use it first thing in the morning when my skin is drier.