November 26, 2014 | 1881 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by candybob15

I will never buy this again!! I applied the way I was supposed to and after that I my eyes turned really red and would not stop watering! DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE EYES!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay concealer. I have olive-tan skin and I bought it in medium-deep. When I first started using this, I didn't realize that three 'clicks' of the wand would send the watery concealer splurting out from the brush (one click is enough). It does an okay job covering my dark circles -- it does fade after a couple hours though. ;\

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a concealer.....It sucks as a concealer, it makes the dark circles not any lighter but gives them a glow so that you have purple and glowy undereye circles..... But then i tried it as a highlighter under my eyebrow and that was pretty nice. I wil never buy it again tho...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Ended up with this product even thought I asked for Double Wear concealer... Realized I had the wrong concealer when I got home and decided to give it a try anyway. It didn't cover nearly as well as Double Wear for minor imperfections. Thought maybe it would work well for my eyes (under eye and lid as primer), but this seemed to age me about 10 years. Returned it today and got my Double Wear.

**I got this 20% off at Bergner's - they are having their Goodwill sale and it ends tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

I generally shy away from anything that has a self pumping wand, but this is a goodie. Sometimes when I'm super lazy, I just brush this onto the ruddy areas of my skin and call it a day. Surprising since I can't stand anything else from EL.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Wildeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find that thicker concealer often does the opposite of what its supposed to do, it just makes the dark circles more obvious.

This concealer (I use nr.3) looks natural & glowvy under my eyes.
Let it sit for a few seconds before patting it in with your ringfinger.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by chyeeeng

my hg hilighter/concealer. i disagree with those who say this doesn't cover old acne spots. the trick with this product is to always leave it to semi-dry (just a while. as long as you don't see it being so wet as when you first applied), then blend with your middle finger with a tapping action. it doesn't settle into fine lines as long as you don't put powder over (well there really isn't a need to! very long-lasting). this is a good concealer even for those who don't use foundation as the finish is really natural (just remember to pick a shade that suits your skin tone) and doesn't give your the inverted panda look which a lot of brighteners and concealers do. i prefer this to ysl (weird colours and stinky) and clarins (doesn't blend on top of powder for touch-ups).
mac nc 20-25 i use light 01

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I think I'm finally "getting" this concealer. When I tried it in the store, the lady put like 8 pounds of under my eyes and I was immediately repulsed. The reviews, however, have been so positive that I caved to temptation and bought some. I was concerned at first because it seems to me to go on kind of "chalky." However, I have come to realize that, for touch-ups, the "chalkiness" is perfect because it does away with the usual build-up of oiliness on my skin over the course of the day - kind of like a subtle cream-to-powder effect. So, works great for me in that respect. However, I am still not sure I would use it first thing in the morning when my skin is drier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by eberna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this product excellent except for making the sensitive eye area dry. It's a very good illuminator and concealer, makes my dark eye area look bright and erases the marks of fatigue. It's not that good at filling the fine lines, however. I look for a concealer which moisturizes better in addition to the good features that concealer has.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It seems that I'm one of the few this doesn't work for, at all. Paula Begoun frequently praises this product as one of the best illuminators, and that's what I bought it to be. However, the Soft Pink color ended up being too rosy to work as a highlighter. This meant that it could only be used as a moisturizing, slightly glossy, minimum-coverage concealer (not a problem, color-wise, since I'm cool-toned). I should have been able to salvage the pen for at least this one purpose, but the product left my undereye skin sensitive and burning afterwards, so I couldn't wear it beyond that first day. A very disappointing item for me in every way.