Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

I have tried a lot of facial soaps and I love this one. It is very refreshing and tingly on my skin (it contains menthol.)

I feel like it cleans my skin very well and helps to control oil too.

Sometimes it is hard for my oily skin to feel fresh but this satisfies that. I use it night and day and donít feel that it strips my skin. It also lasts a long time. I am just now halfway through my bottle and I bought it back at the end of December. I think it is excellent value for money. I will buy this one again because it is my favorite cleanser to date.

Pros:
- Nice packaging
- Not too badly priced
- Lasts quite a long time

Cons:
- The scent isn't very appealing
- Doesn' leave my face feeling very clean
- Not very much of a lather

Wouldn't recommend this or repurchase.

I don't like the liquid facial soap. It leaves my face feels greasy. I feel like it doesn't rinse off entirely. The clinique bar soap is much better.

After countless attempts to find the best tailored face cleansing regime this is the one that works for me. I like this soap pump as its gentle enough to use frequently as I have a pump on my sink and in the shower. I personaly find this is enough for my skin. I use the toners and lotion rarely as I find the soap keep its clean enough.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying to find some kind of product to help with my oily skin. VERY OILY!! This unfortunately wasn't it. I was so happy to finally get this and try it out! I used the 3 step system for oily skin including: oily facial wash, #4 toner, and the dramatically different moisturizing gel. This has done nothing for my skin. I am still oily and my skin tone and acne still look the same. I have acne prone skin with a few breakout once in awhile. It does not help with that and it kind of irritates my skin. I am very disappointed with this! Oh well my search goes on! Oh and this stuff isn't cheap!!!!

I don't have any of the aforementioned problems with this cleanser. I love it. I've been using the 3-step system for about a year now and I love it.

The cleanser itself smells incredible. I love it. At nighttime it really helps me to relax and makes me sleepy. In the morning, it helps to clean up my stuffy morning nose.

It doesn't do anything crazy-amazing. It cleanses very lightly. The toner does most of the work. I would recommend the clinique toner with this, as it's great at toning and taking off your face make-up. Without a good toner, this cleanser is a worthless purchase. I only have it because it's part of the 3-step system. If I switch to another system, I would never buy this separately. Like I said, it's not crazy-amazing. I've used cheap neutrogena cleansers that are better than this, in that they take off make-up.

This was the worst part of the 3-step system. It definitely beats the bar of soap, and while it didn't make me break out, it didn't do anything for my skin either. The toner and moisturizer are worth the money, but this definitely is not.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought the 3 step system for oily skin about 6 months ago when I had lots of acne and very oily skin, but quit using when it didn't seem to do anything. My skin was looking a lot better recently, so I've been really lazy about my cleanser choices. I was mostly clear with a basic Origins one and a Neutrogena, so two days ago I figured I'd use up this Clinique one, thinking it couldn't do too much harm. WRONG. I now have four HUGE painful cysts on my face and lots of little whiteheads in clusters. Two days ago I had NO acne.
I don't know what it is with Clinique, but I have had more problems with their products than any other brand. I haven't tried anything by them that doesn't break me out horribly, and I've tried a lot (my mom is devoted to them and has been pushing their skincare and makeup on me since I was 14).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Unfortunately, this just did not work for me. I am in the minority here, but in case anyone out there has the same issues, this review will let you know that you arent alone!
I bought this and was really excited to use it. I started using it regularly and got some serious cystic acne breakouts. I stopped using this cleanser and it slowly cleared up. So I stowed this out of the way in my closet. After several months, I decided to try this again. I worked it into my skincare regimen. I used it maybe a few times a week. I did not notice any appreciable results from it for controlling oil, but I just wanted to use the bottle up. I am using Peter Thomas Roth BHA 2% Acne wash and I cant use that every day because it can dry your skin out, so I used the Clinique most days of the week. I was happy at first because I wasnt breaking out, so I upped the usage. BIG mistake. I have really bad cysts now. Around my mouth and my jawline. I kept up with the Clinique to see if I could suffer through some sort of "purging" before it got better. After 4 weeks of using this, and half the bottle left to go, I had to just stop.
I'm not sure what it is in the cleanser, but my skin just cant deal with it.
I like Clinique in general and I really like the packaging and price on this. But it is just not worth it to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have been using this product for a few years now. The packaging is really nice. The controlled top makes usage easy. This product cleans deep and is quite effective to my oily/combination skin. It does make my face a bit dry after rince it off, particularly on my cheeks.

I would not use this during the winter but it is a great product to use during the summer. I have not experienced any side effect with this. I would not recommand it to people with sensitive skin since it can be a bit strong.