April 16, 2014 | 1823 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by claudia1408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and decided to test it out and was sadly disappointed. I don't have sensetive skin but it really irritated it and left my skin very red! It didn't really do anything for my oily skin either

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by markychv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Felt good but burned my eyes and eyelids .. seriously my eyes were red and itchy all day after using this!...returned it

Updated 01/19/13 - I thought I would give this product another try and I am glad i did, I use a generous amount and get a full lather and I make sure i rinse completely, it is still a little hard on my eyes but nothing like before. I only use this once in the evening now and that works very well for me. Like the refreshing feel afterwards too

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this! I bought it just to try something new and now I will never change it!
Pros:
Packaging has a pump and it locks for travel!
Its only $20 for clear skin
Doesn't cause breakouts
Helps reduce oil
Dries up and acne I have
Doesn't dry out my cheeks

Cons:
This is for OILY skin ONLY it would be awful for dry skin you'd probably flake

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by prakashni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only product that has ever produced results for me! I am so glad I found it (just last month, but better late then never). It has a nice refreshing tingling while on face and once washed off. It also has no smell, which is fair enough and probably contributes to why my skin has cleared up so well. Lastly, this is a very big bottle for the price because you only need like a tiny little dot. It lathers real well. I saw results the next day I woke up. I won't ever go to any other face washes. I've found my soulmate!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a sample for this and used it while travelling. It didn't have any obvious smell (as with all Clinique products), a mild cleanser that didn't foam up a lot. This cleanser dried me out after cleansing, probably because I have combination/dehydrated skin, and my skin didn't feel comfortable afterwards and produced more oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I like this. I don't fine it much better than other cleansers I have tried though. It does the job, feels nice going on, and smells nice. My face doesn't feel too dry afterwards. Until I find something I like better, I'll keep getting this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by aleegirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I've started using this product I have noticed a few differences in my face. First, the bottle is only $16 and it's a pretty big size. I've used it for a week everyday sometimes twice a day and the bottle still looks new. I like how it feels when I am washing my face, it has a minty tingling feeling. It cleanses my face from all dirt and left over make-up. (I use face wipes before using this.) Before my face would be oily every morning but after washing my face with this at night I wake up with an oil free face! And I love that. I've also notice that it makes my skin feel softer and some of my acne has cleared up a little bit, but I've been using this with the Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer so that could be why. I would recommend this product and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by elopes83

I was very disappointed in this product - I was looking for something that would clean my face, and it did clean but didn't stop blackheads or whiteheads from showing up. For the price I was expecting it clean my face of makeup and make sure I didn't get blemishes, it really did neither. As much as I like Clinique products I will not buy a product that costs $20 CND just for the label, when it's no different then a cheap over the counter face wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is probably not oily enough to be in the exact target demographic for this product, but I do break out and I used a sample over the course of a week or two. It does leave skin squeaky clean and didn't break me out by over-drying. However, it must have menthol or something like that because if it got anywhere near my eyes I could feel fumes that made them, well not really sting or burn, but feel mildly uncomfortable. (That's why I could only give it a 3 lippies.) Since I travel a lot and want to carry a single cleanser that can be used all over my face, including my eyes to remove mascara, etc. this is just too irritating. It does leave your face tingly fresh, but it's just a bit too much for my eyes. My sample was in tube packaging which is great for the shower. Looking at the retail price for the full size bottle, it's a bit much for a cleanser, but it's a nice gel, so maybe worth it for some.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

Very gentle on my combo/oily skin, which is good 'cause if a cleanser is too drying my skin goes into an oil frenzy, leaves a bit of a matte finish after washing, but I was using the #4 toner which made it shiny :/ but overall it's an amazing cleanser, gels are great because they give the gentlest clean.
l had to switch though, 'cause l used this product for over a year and my skin was getting used to the ingredients, so of course it wouldn't clean as deep and I was breaking out. Now I'm using some random neutrogena wash, which is keeping acne at bay but it dries out my skin a little. I'm switching to laneige soon, the cleanser and pore minimiser have shipped in (I ordered from ebay) but I'm still waiting for the toner and moisturizer (I'm also questioning on whether I should get the balancing emulsion)
all in all (sorta got off topic ahaahah) this is a great cleanser :) I think it would even work on dry/normal skin