April 18, 2014 | 1913 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- very gentle, doesn't dry my (combo) skin
- pump dispenses right amount for me
- pump does not waste liquid
- lasted me a long time
- nice looking bottle but see my con below

Cons:
- doesn't lather so ended up using more until I got used to no lather
- bottle leaves big environmental footprint

Got 50ml tube as part of GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After landing back in England with no skin care to my name and the appearance of my face going quickly downhill, a kind friend gave me her samples of Clinique...that was the beginning of my affair.

I say affair, because as one who is aware of the effects of certain chemicals on the human body, I usually go for the more natural product or even something from my kitchen cupboard. With this in mind, for me Clinique's ingredients lists are far from angelic and I can understand, for example, the real reason for that post-cleanse softness just by looking at the chemicals listed on the bottle.

Despite this, an oil-free cleanser is hard to come by in the natural world and I have to admit that this does a good job of cleaning my skin. A small amount lathers well, washes away any makeup residue or oil, and I can actually move my face afterwards! In the morning I use a little bead size amount and it helps me to look a little less like the grizzly bear that I do when I get up; then in the evening I remove my makeup with Coconut Milk ;) and follow up with this soap to complete my cleanse.

I doubt I'll repurchase at the moment as I'd like to find a more Mother Nature-friendly cleanser, but it will always be on my emergency list because Clinique is so widely available and it's done what it says on the tin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

My daughter, husband, and myself love this product. Great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by minjing319

Besides the Basis facial cleanser, this Clinique liquid soap is another of my all time favorite. I love it's nutural scent -- yes it has a scent although it's fragrance free). For some reason I just love the natural scent (or masking fragrance) in "fragrance free" products. It's there but it's not there. lol. I always prefer gel cleanser because they clean better than cream cleanser. This gel cleanser does its job without drying out my skin. It's under $20 which is not bad for a department store product. Oh, the pump bottle is of good quality and looks very nice, and green is my favorite color (the Basis gel cleanser is also green). Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jmasters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

As mentioned before, I now only use this face wash once a day in the evenings because I was breaking out so much in the last year. My skin is much better, and I still rate this product very highly - I've been using it for around 6 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent all purpose cleanser. I have been using the liquid soap for almost three years and I have had no issues with my skin, including breakouts. I wear a full face of makeup most days and this removes all of the makeup residue and oil from the day. The only reason I would stray from this cleanser would be to compare another high end brand cleanser. However, I have a feeling this product will always be my go to cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised. Clinique has always been too basic and drying for my tastes but when I started breaking out, nothing seemed to work (e.g. Ole Hendriksen, etc.) so I turned back to this and I am loving it. It lathers up well and removes all oil and impurities without being drying. Mind you, I have oily skin and don't mind that this takes all oils off my skin because after a few hours, my skin has produced it's own natural oils again. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin though. But for those with oily skin - this makes me feel clean and seems to be working with my acne. Also, love the packaging. The pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. Another plus - it's only $20 CAD!

Update - Okay, after a while, this product stopped working for me. It doesn't seem to clean well enough... When done, I'm going to look for something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have been using it for over a year on a daily basis morning and night. I have only gone through 1 3/4 bottles. I find it does the job well with a little product, does not dry me out, and most importantly, helps keep my skin clean and clear! Albeit, I have a skin routine that involves Retin-A and Benzyl Peroxide, but this is seriously an essential part of my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by CurlySimone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Clinique's 3-step system (liquid facial soap- mild), astringent, and moisturizing gel for 3 months now and my skin looks flawless. I have been searching high and low for a cleanser that not only gently, yet thoroughly cleanses my face and wash away makeup, but one that was also gentle enough to use on my eyes. This liquid soap smoothed away the fine lines I had under my eyes and I when I wake up in the morning my eyes look so revived and alive. This liquid soap effectively washes away all traces of makeup and leaves my face and neck soft. I use this cleanser along with the astringent and moisturizing gel in the morning and at night. I have oily skin and when I apply my makeup my face remains shine-free throughout the day. I highly recommend this 3-step system to family and friends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. During my teen years, I had large, cystic acne and used products that were targeted for acne-proned skin. Little did I know that these harsh acne washes and treatments caused my skin to weaken, become sallow, and worsen the overall condition of my skin. Once I started switching to the gentle route, that is when my skin changed completely. I use the dry-combination version of this product, and it never dried my skin out. It foams very nicely, and it pretty affordable for a mild, basic cleanser. The difference between this version and the oily-combination version would have to be the menthol. I loathe when companies think the best thing for oily-skin people is to put menthol on their face for that "tingly" feeling as if they are clean. Menthol is such a harsh irritant, that the oily-combination version should not even be labeled as "mild". Therefore, I use the dry-combination version every single morning. I also recommend Clean and Clear sensitive skin foaming facial and CeraVe foaming facial wash. Back to basics everyone!

EDIT: People of MUA, this stuff stings your eyes. I had to wash my eyes out for several minutes because it stings soo badly!!! Definitely not a "mild" soap like the name suggests.. :(