November 27, 2014 | 1449 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I love this product!
It foams so nicely it makes your skin so smooth and cleans it really well, it made all the pores on my nose shrink away.
I used to have oily temples and side of my nose, it completely keeps oil away, i also noticed i dont have those oily areas anymore.
This doesn't strip your skin of all your moisture, it fights oils, blemishes, dirt and pores, it is one of my holy grail products for my face. It also leaves my face hydrated and soft!
It is a thick clear gel and it lathers so richly, its ultra smooth, it feels like im pampering my face. Would recommend to everyone, with dry, oily, or sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I usually use Clinique's facial bar soap for the cleansing part of my skincare regime, but my mother-in-law bought this as a present for me (knowing I like Clinique products), so I thought it would be worth a try.

In my opinion it's ok but it's not going to replace my facial bar soap and once it's used up I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one. I can't really say what it is about the product that I'm not keen on, but I guess what it comes down to is that I don't feel like this really cleanses my skin as thoroughly as the bar soap does. It's got a slimy consistency to it too and it doesn't really foam up either. The final thing for me is that if you accidentally get some of this in your mouth (as I have on occasions whilst half asleep in the shower in the mornings) it tastes salty! I know no one purposefully goes round eating their skincare products, but for some reason this has really put me off. Salt equates to drying in my mind and I'm slightly concerned that with continued use my skin would start to react.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It took a sample from Sephora (First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser) to show me just how drying this Clinique cleanser is for my severely combo / sensitive skin. I suppose after using it for the last several years I just assumed clean meant tight and very dry (flakey). I liked how it removed makeup and did not cause me any real skin issues (other than dryness). I tried the extra mild version, but didn't like it (didn't clean well enough for me and left a filmy-feeling). I have been currently using and appreciating First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser and/or Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser--these thoroughly cleanse my skin yet don't leave it greasy, tight, and flakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I often find it difficult to find skin care products that I really love. I've been using Clinique's moisturizing gel for YEARS and so I after changing cleansers every month I decided to give this one a whirl. I have pretty normal skin, no breakouts, occasional dryness or slight oily-ness depending on the weather.(but mostly just normal) I do not have problems with sensitive skin. This cleanser makes my skin smooth and clean feeling, and I love that it doesn't contain menthol ( I feel cheated when products add this ingredient as it creates the "false clean" feeling). This cleanser does not dry out my skin either like some gel cleansers. I love it! Mild, clean smell, does the job. Worth the price. I use this cleanser day and night as my usual cleanser and have had excellent results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by tmal

The face was nice. I don't like the high end price for it,but it did clean well. My husband loves it too. I think it's very gentle and leaves my skin soft. But I think I can find a better wash for a better price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is my favourite facial cleanser. I use it on combination with CL #2 and DDML (and now DDML+).
Because it has sulfates in it you don't need much for it to lather, one full pump is too much for me so it does last a long time! Price is reasonable, Most drugstore cleansers reaching $10 I have no problem shelling out $16.50 for a face wash that works well with my skin and takes a long time to use up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry cheeks) that's very sensitive and eczema-prone (not on my face though), with occasional breakouts. I've been using this cleanser for over 5 years now, and it does a good job at making my skin feel clean without drying it out. I use a scrublet to cleanse, a little goes a long way because it lathers nicely! I use it 2-3 times a day and a bottle lasts 9+ months for me on average. The scent is tolerable.

Is it HG? That I'm not sure of, I want to try other cleansers and see if they improve my skin better than this because this product doesn't do much else for me. I feel like there's something better out there. But in the meantime I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I got a pretty large bottle of this as a GWP a while ago and finally got around to trying it. I've had good luck with some Clinique products in the past, but I really did not like this cleanser.
The packaging is nice -- I like that you can see how much product is left in the bottle and the pump distributes just the right amount of product. However, I'm not a fan of the product itself.
First of all, this has a weird, waxy smell. Maybe I got a bad bottle or something because I haven't seen too many others mention this, but it just smells off to me. The cleanser seems like it has a nice consistency, but when I'm rubbing it onto my face it feels a little slimy and filmy. And whenever I use this, just seconds after I start applying it to my face, my face starts to burn and itch a little. It's nothing crazy or super painful, but I feel like it immediately starts tightening and drying my skin. I have combination skin, but even my oily spots start to burn a little until I rinse. Once I rinse my face, the feeling goes away, and my skin does feel very clean and not too dry after I use this, but for whatever reason my face doesn't like the product while it's actually right on the skin. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin, even though this claims to be a mild cleanser.
Overall, one point for the packaging and one for the fact that it does cleanse my skin well enough, although I haven't seen any real benefits from this. I've used better drugstore cleansers than this one, so I definitely won't buy a full size of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really like this cleanser
Can't compere it to much as its the only one i've ever used
But it does a great job a good job at cleaning my skin well
Packaging is great-pump disperses just the right amount
I follow this with their clarifying lotion and moisturiser which is a great combination

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by loveloven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product.
It doesn't upset my skin and it gets it really clean.
The minus is that it dries out my skin, so it would not be a good winter product for me. But for spring/summer it's a must have.