Dior Dune EDT

3.6

on 7/18/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This fragrance is different from anything else. I get compliments from men and women every time I wear Dune. When I first put it on, it evokes a sense of hot desert sand with hints of dry hay. There is a slight cocoa note, too--not chocolate, more like the nubs before processing. There's also some sweet mint in this. And warmed-over peach. It starts out with some exciting, green edges and then it all mellows into a warm, dry haze that, to me, is perfectly suited to the hot summer months.

on 6/12/2008 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is definately a skin scent. The color of the juice (peach) fits perfectly. The smell reminds me of hot sand at the beach into which someone has buried a perfectly ripe peach- softly warmed by the sun. Not that Dune specifically smells like fruit, just an impression I get from wearing it. Apparently, Dior wanted to do a "marine" scent without the "ozonic" notes- thank goodness for that would have ruined the fragrance. As for longevity of scent- one spritz has lasted me about 8 1/2 hours!
A very atmospheric scent- it has never smelled the same way twice on my skin.

on 6/10/2008 10:28:00 AM

in my entire life i smelled two horrible fragrances, juicy couture and dune.i am sorry to say i can't stand this perfume at all, and it is a shame because dior has created some great signature scents over the years but i don't think dune is one of them.i bought a collection of dior with 5 fragrances and this was one of them.
first of all, i think the fragrance is more masculine than feminine and after minutes of spraying myself with it, i had to take a bath because i couldn't stand the smell honestly, it's weird and seemed like a disgusting sweat of a man all over me, and i don't know why i hated it so much. i've got rid of it, i gave it to my sister and surprisingly she likes it. i guess perfumes are different from one skin to another.

on 6/7/2008 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not generally a fan of the mainstream, big-name, "perfume-y" perfumes, but this is very lovely and interesting. Recently I discovered a cache of samples I'd collected as a teen, and this was one of them. I doused myself thoroughly with Dune this morning, after reading the 5 star review in "Perfumes:The Guide." To me, this smells like hay, like sweet clean hay. Like sweet grass on a hot summer day. Beautiful, interesting, love the name. ETA 1hr later: Well, now I smell the "cheap chocolate" drydown. Not my favorite thing. Kinda disappointing. ETA: 2 weeks later: Okay, I had a really old sample vial and after a spritz from a real bottle I got that sweet grass thing all day and I love it. 5 stars.

on 5/8/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really did not expect to like this fragrance. However, Dior's a good house and anything with a name like "Dune" is checking out. I wanted something dry. Dune *is* dry and evokes a dune at a beach pretty well. I agree with others that the opening seems boozy. I can't really pick out the heart. The base is gorgeous. It is primarily an amber with some vanilla; nothing powdery about this amber and it's not overly sweet either. As someone else wrote, it seems like it has a salty-sweet thing going on. I really like this one! Notes: (top) mandarin, aldehydes, rosewood, green tones; (heart) broom, rose, peony, lily, jasmine and orris; (base) as lichen, warm amber, musk, patchouli and benzoin. I swear I don't smell any of those heart florals at all.

on 4/26/2008 6:01:00 AM

this is a very beautiful fragrance in a very elegant bottle. on me it smells like a dense and very complex vanilla based scent with a touch of something a spicy and a hint of a boozy note. it reminds me of the beach, but not in a tropical way... its sort of reminiscent of the dry sand and the salty ocean.. hard to describe! i think this perfume has the potential to be very versatile.. its sexy and feminine, so perfect for a date, its comforting and cosy in winter, and also perfectly apt for a balmy summer day. its also the complete opposite of the fruity-florals that are so ubiquitous. what impresses me most about this frag. along with most dior scents it seems, is the lasting power. i wore a spray of this on the back of my hand, and spent the afternoon doing household cleaning, so my hands were soaked in all kinds of detergents and soaps - and yet by the end of the day i could still detect the scent of this perfume on my hand, which is very impressive!

I read the reviews and then purchased it. Dune isn't for me although it is pretty and feminine. After about an hour of wearing it I smell yeasty. Carmelized sugar comes to mind at that time. I've had candidiasis (maybe I still do) and this seems to aggravate it. I wear perfume everyday, so all perfumes don't do this to me. It is pretty, especially the first 1/2 hr but after that... have to take a bath or spray on something else.

on 2/14/2008 2:42:00 PM

Just lovely. Not what I expected, but it gets more beautiful as it wears. When I first put it on, it was a strong bourbon and vanilla combo. It was a nice, high-quality pairing, but not at all what I expected or wanted. I was ready to junk it.

Fortunately, I gave it a chance to develop. The drydown of Dune is its real beauty. Desert breezes smelling of middle eastern spices and hot sand. Oddly calming and comforting. You definitely get the sensation of a warm breeze.

It is a dry and spicy oriental. The "wallflower" middle note (which I'd never heard of other than to describe shy people) is actually a small flowering shrub that grows in sand dunes. They are related to mustard, hence the dry spiciness of this perfume. Some people also get a maple syrup scent from this note. That may explain the slight sweetness and warmth also present in Dune.

Dune is exactly what I wished Guerlain's Samsara would be. Beautiful for winter, very long lasting.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love Dune, it smells beautiful, my cousin from Paris brought me it when I was 16, loved it ever since.

on 2/2/2008 5:30:00 PM

LOVE THIS PERFUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LASTS ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY WOMANLY , SEXY!!!!!!

Popular Fragrances