Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 2/6/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I have normal skin but it does get a bit dry around the corners of my nose in the winter, especially since I live in Canada. This moisturizer really helps keeping my face hydrated and smooth. I don't know how to describe the smell of this lotion it reminds me of a wheat or oatmeal or something lol, some people think it smells flowery, personally I like the smell. It isn't overwhelming and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which fragrances of any kind do. it has never broken me out and I do see the redness in my cheeks decreasing significantly after using it for this long. People who complain about the redness not going away should use it a bit longer and see because it doesn't give immediate results. This lotion also does not make your face feel or look greasy, it gives a nice satiny finish and my makeup glides perfectly on it even without a primer. I only took a lippie off because the price is VERY steep for a drugstore product, in Canada it is $27 and in America it is around $14 which is way better and I stock up whenever I go across the border lol. I'd recommend this to anyone and for people looking for a mild moisturizer that won't break you out, has a mild non-irritating scent and reduces redness.

on 1/23/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A lot of people are unsatisfied with this product as I have learned from other reviews but personally it has worked for me. It does take patience to use because it will take a week or two before it shows results but it works great and it has reduced the redness in my cheeks considerablly over time. People do complain about the price but I would buy it again as I believe it has worked for me.

on 1/7/2013 12:09:00 PM

This review is for the SPF 15 product--looks like there is a similar one out there that's SPF 30 and causing some confusion.

This product is interesting--it smells a little flowery upon application, but sinks in pretty easily and the scent dissipates. It manages to moisturize my sensitive, combination skin without making it break out, and I find it manages oil nicely--my face stays matte pretty much all day! The pump bottle works well, and I like that you can "lock" the cap when traveling. I paid $14.99 for it, which is a bit steep for a drugstore product, but a little goes a long way so I imagine the bottle will last awhile.

Now the strange part: despite not getting breakouts from this product (it actually cleared up some bumps from my forehead), I find that it makes my pores larger/more noticeable. I haven't noticed a calming effect--if anything there's a more pronounced redness and what look to be clogged pores around my nose and mouth. It also seems to make my eyes itchy if I get it too close to my eye area. I'll continue to use this product since it keeps my skin matte and layers nicely under makeup, but perhaps in time the clogged pores and itchy eyes will outweigh the pros of this lotion.

EDIT: After a few months of using this I stopped, because the itchy eyes and weird large pores were frustrating me. Sure enough, as soon as I stopped using it, my eye allergy went away and my skin is looking more normal. So strange--perhaps the ingredient that makes this create a smooth layer on the skin and control oil also contributes to enlarged pores and blackheads. My search for a good sensitive-skin moisturizer with SPF continues...

on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a moisturizer that would actually moisturize without make me super oily and greasy. I was using a Neutrogena sunblock that controlled oil, but it was not really getting into my skin and moisturizing. This Aveeno stuff really does the trick. I can feel it going into my skin and it makes it all soft and smooth, with now slippery shine and grease. It doesn't make my skin any more oily though. It actually seems like it controls the oil because my skin feels so moisturized down to a deep layer. It also doesn't burn or make my skin irritated. It looks so bright and full of life. I LOVE it!

I am normally a huge fan of Aveeno products, but this 'calming' face lotion did not live up to its name at all. Over the past two weeks of using it, my face has broken out in places I almost never get pimples at. I honestly don't think I've broken out this much since I was in high school! It also, as other reviews have mentioned, has a heavy scent which I am not a fan of. Will not repurchase.

on 11/25/2012 9:11:00 AM

I'm not thrilled with this at all. My face is having patches of eczema on it and I needed a moisturizer that is gentle, moisturizing, and doesn't burn. I have the companion face wash & it's ok...nothing spectacular. Ultra calming does don't mean fragrance free! I put some on my finger and immediately noticed a floral scent that started making my eyes water (I am extremely sensitive to floral scents). It's a nice consistency...not too thick. But it did burn and made my face even more red. Will not purchase again, and would strongly caution anyone who is fragrance sensitive.

on 11/23/2012 5:56:00 AM

I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. After I shower, my face is fairly red in color due to acne marks.. i use this and it doesnt completely get rid of the redness but it is very calming on my skin. its a bit pricey considering its a drugstore brand and it doesnt get rid of redness. ive been using it for about 2 years now & its the only moisturizer i am satisfied with because it does not leave my skin oily.

on 11/9/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Been using this for about 2 months in a half and Im pleased. It does in fact calm your skin on your face when its irritated after facial washing and such. A good moisturizer for face and neck, I would recommend for WInter Seasons Only.

on 9/14/2012 3:49:00 PM

NONCOMEDOGENIC: Let me start off by saying in response to a review just prior to mine that yes, the bottle does state it is anti-pore clogging. That's what "noncomedogenic" means and it's printed right there on the back of the bottle.

OIL-FREE: Although it does not leave your skin with a matte finish, it is oil-free. I have combination skin and I like how this product balances the drier areas on my cheeks and underneath my eyes. It gets very hot here during the summer (high 90's - low 100's) and this product did not make my skin extra greasy. I use a mineral powder foundation and it does not make it cakey like some moisturizers can.

HYPOALLERGENIC: I do not have particularly sensitive skin; however, I do prefer products that cater to those with sensitive skin since they usually contain fewer potentially irritating ingredients (who wants those anyway?) and this one clearly states that it is hypoallergenic so I like that. I originally purchased this for my teenage daughter who experiences some slight redness around the center of her face after washing and she asked me if there was a product that would help. We went to the drug store and found this. She loves it and is now on her third bottle. I borrowed hers once and loved it so much, I'm now on my second bottle.

PACKAGING: I like the neutral colors of the bottle. It's attractive so I don't mind it sitting out on my counter. I also like the twist-lock cap. It makes it nice for travel so I don't have to worry about spills in my makeup bag. The size of the pump dispenser cap is nice and it never clogs.

Great value!

on 9/3/2012 3:46:00 AM

I love this product. It makes my skin super soft without making it look greasy. I also love the fact that it has sunscreen in it. Usually lotions with sunscreen irritate my skin especially around my eyes, but this one is so gentle. Highly reccommend, i love aveeno products!