April 23, 2014 | 2047 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by girl1der

NONCOMEDOGENIC: Let me start off by saying in response to a review just prior to mine that yes, the bottle does state it is anti-pore clogging. That's what "noncomedogenic" means and it's printed right there on the back of the bottle.

OIL-FREE: Although it does not leave your skin with a matte finish, it is oil-free. I have combination skin and I like how this product balances the drier areas on my cheeks and underneath my eyes. It gets very hot here during the summer (high 90's - low 100's) and this product did not make my skin extra greasy. I use a mineral powder foundation and it does not make it cakey like some moisturizers can.

HYPOALLERGENIC: I do not have particularly sensitive skin; however, I do prefer products that cater to those with sensitive skin since they usually contain fewer potentially irritating ingredients (who wants those anyway?) and this one clearly states that it is hypoallergenic so I like that. I originally purchased this for my teenage daughter who experiences some slight redness around the center of her face after washing and she asked me if there was a product that would help. We went to the drug store and found this. She loves it and is now on her third bottle. I borrowed hers once and loved it so much, I'm now on my second bottle.

PACKAGING: I like the neutral colors of the bottle. It's attractive so I don't mind it sitting out on my counter. I also like the twist-lock cap. It makes it nice for travel so I don't have to worry about spills in my makeup bag. The size of the pump dispenser cap is nice and it never clogs.

Great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by amay100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It makes my skin super soft without making it look greasy. I also love the fact that it has sunscreen in it. Usually lotions with sunscreen irritate my skin especially around my eyes, but this one is so gentle. Highly reccommend, i love aveeno products!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's so hard to find moisturizers that work for me because my skin is so oily. I have oil and acne problems so I use a lot of a lot of products on my face that tend to dry skin out. I really needed a moisturizer that hydrates my skin but will absorb easily and not interfere with other products I use. This one is great for me. It smells pleasant, and goes on very smooth. It absorbs very well into the skin and leaves it feeling very calm and smooth, but not an oily mess. This product fits wonderfully into my skin-care routine and I will definitely continue using it.

UPDATE: This moisturizer still basically does every thing I said it does. But recently, it's been starting to bother me. It gives me a weird burning sensation in certain areas of my skin. I realized that when I thought about all the skin products I've thrown out over the years, they've almost all contained SPF. I'm almost positive now that this burning feeling is because of some weird reaction my skin has to SPF. This is definitely more of my issue, but I thought I should say why I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I realized I had eczema in highschool. It was really bad. I was so embarrassed of my skin that in class I acted like I was just leaning my face into my hands but really I didn't want anyone to see my bright red sore itchy cheeks. And I was known for looking down when walking through the hallways. I was desperate for a fix.

I got this because everything on the bottle seemed to be what I needed. I also wore a wide fleece scarf over my face and neck to hide under while my skin repaired itself. Although Beautypedia calls this an average product with, I think, two negative ingredients, BP is not the ultimate review list. I mean something better probably is out there than this, but I wasn't into cosmetics back then (I'm 21 now) and for a teen with no money and no idea what to look for, or more importantly, what to avoid, I think I made a pretty good guess on a product!

SPF is so important. And besides eczema, I have rosacia. It's awful when girls' makeup is a different shade than their neck. Even worse when your skin is naturally that way. :/

It fixed my issues and I got compliments after all of it. A boy a grade ahead of me told me I had the second softest skin in the whole school. Girls told me my skin was like porcelain.

Fast forward 5 years, I'm one of those girls that has clear skin in highschool but gets blemishes afterwards. Probably because of stress, but really I tend to get one or two zits at my TOTM. I tried Proactiv but it was so bad I stayed clear of Benzoyl Peroxide products and stuck to Salicylic Acid products, which do work for clearing skin and keeping it well. But for zits and pimples, SA just doesn't annihilate them. So for the first time in years I decided to use BP. 10% BP. Practically all over my face every day for a week. I didn't realize how drying it was to my skin until I put on makeup. Ugh it was flakey and terrible. And usually I can spot-use concealer and it blends well with the skin around it. Lately when I do that, I have to put makeup all over cus it's obvious when someone has skin-toned patches all over a red face. And my face stings when I cleanse it even with the most gentle product.

Don't have acne to worry about, so I'm not going to use any acne products. I got my second bottle of this yesterday. First I apply an Estee Lauder serum, then the Aveeno moisturizer, then a Wei East Chestnut Firming Cream (it's not firming but it's very moisturizing). All this creates shine so then I apply Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. It glides over skin but somehow the silky satin product takes away shine. It evens out my skin tone so my face actually matches my neck, I'm not as red as before. That is my daytime, makeupless face. It's how I get maximum skin repair and hydration with antioxidants and SPF. If I wanted to use makeup, I would use Maybelline The Rocket or Mega Plush mascara (tip I figured out myself: if you have time, lay in bed to apply mascara. The gravity makes lashes curled up as much as they can, and as long as possible!) and yesterday I just got the Revlon Photoready BB Cream in the lightest shade, which contains an SPF 30.

Hopefully this new regimin, which I do in the day and night, will repair my skin so that it glows, I have no dry patches, and makeup applies the way it did before.

Gave a 4 for overall and 3 for packaging because not only is there A LOT of product left in the bottom of the bottle that nothing can reach, but also it's not like you can grab some scissors and cut the bottle open. I've kept my first bottle because I refuse to pretty much throw my money away! There are seriously at least 5 more full face uses left in the bottle that the pump can't reach.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

I love this product so much. The smell is really nice, and it absorbs into the skin so well. It moisturizes completely without making my skin oily and it totally takes care of dry skin. And if I get sunburn on my cheeks, it gets rid of the redness ni a day! I love using this along with my facial cleansers. I actually bought a bottle almost a year ago and it's still lasting me! I only have to use a little bit for my skin, so a bottle for me goes a long way. Definitely will rebuy! I don't understand the other reviewers saying it has a harsh chemical smell. I have pretty good olfactory senses, and this smell didn't bother me at all. And you need less than a pea-sized amount to cover vital areas of your face. If you put too much on, it might get greasy, but I don't know as I'm careful with that....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

This turned me into a greasy mess, which is weird because most of the time chemical sunscreens usually go on pretty elegant. Not this baby. The smell is ok, it fades. The bottle is great with its neutral colors and pump top. Does nothing-zip-nada to calm down redness. Next please!

Made in Canada
Tests on animals
Owned by big Corp-Johnson & Johnson

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Foakley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only moisturizer that I have ever liked well enough to use regularly and stick with faithfully.
My dermatologist advised this for my 63 yr. old, mild rosacea skin. I use it after cleansing with Clarisonic and Neutrogena and before applying Finacea.
To me, it has no smell. It is very light and not much is required to do the job. Does not clog my pores or cause breakouts, does keep my skin perfectly hydrated, even though I use the azaelic acid (Finacea).
I can actually afford almost anything I want for my skin, but I am absolutely in love with this ridiculously inexpensive, so easily available drugstore brand. Yippee!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I bought this moisturizer a few months ago and stopped using it because I wasn't crazy about it. I thought it was very heavy and was making me breakout, like many of the reviews on here.

I came back to this moisturizer after my skin was severely dry and redden from a very abrasive facial and a slew of very harsh anti-acne products. My face was irritated and flaky; I was desperate for anything to help calm my skin. So after raiding my beauty stash, I decided to give this another shot.I may have been using too much before; all you need is a small amount of this product because a little goes a long way to moisturize and calm. After using this in the morning for a few days, my skin was calmed and moisturized. I've been using about a pea sized amount in the morning during this outrageously hot and humid summer in the midwest & haven't found it to be too heavy. A few weeks ago, I had a sun-screen slip up and after a sun burn left me red and flaky - this did a fantastic job of calming my skin.

For those who are griping about the smell - it's not chemically at all. I'm not sure what is going on with your noses; this moisturizer has a very floral-y herbal smell, which I find to be pretty soothing and calming on its own. It's a little pricey in terms of a drug store moisturizer, but if you are looking for a good moisturizer to calm irritated skin it is definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by andreaalltheway

I have sensitive and combination skin. I bought this product because I had hopes that it would decrease red patches in my skin from sensitivity reactions. As soon as I put the product on my face, I noticed the putrid smell. The smell of the lotion is extremely strong... it smells like chemicals! I don't know why a "gentle" moisturizer would have ingredients in it that would make it smell like chemicals, but that's how it is. The moisturizer itself was not that bad; I didn't notice anything significantly good about it but there was nothing significantly bad. However, I could not get over the smell; it burned my eyes and gave me a headache whenever I wore it. I didn't want to put something on my skin that had such a strong smell any more since who knows what harmful products could have gone into the production of it? So I stopped using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I went through two bottles of this and am on the fence about it.

We can't get it here in the UK, so I had to order it from the US but thought it'd be worth it if it can help with my redness. It is rather expensive though, even before shipping, esp. for a drugstore brand!

First bottle I went through, I really do believe my skin got better and less inflamed (not sure if it's rosacea what I've got, but sure looks like it!). However it has ALWAYS irritated my eyes, so I had to really carefully avoid that area, and now that I've finished the second bottle, I feel it's done nothing for me. Has my skin got used to it, or was there something else before that improved it - not sure.

Either way I like the feel of it, nicely moisturising, and I like the smell as well - although my bf says I smell like the dentist when I have it on... But I feel like for the price, since it's not imrpoving my skin (anymore?), it's not worth repurchasing.

PS: ALSO, the pump on both bottles stopped working when I still had about a quarter of the product in, so I had to transfer it to a different container. Rather annoying, as I liked the packaging otherwise!