August 20, 2014 | 1210 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by livmhilll

i love this whenever i have overly dry skin, i mix it with some tumeric and some cinammon and basil and apply it to my acne prone skin and it cleans and moisturizies. doesn't seem to break me out if i only leave it on for 30 minutes but overnight.. yeah it breaks me out. gotta let skin breathe and know how to use a product!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lasermalin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Omg, it's the best makeup-remover EVER, my HG.

I have a very sensitive, acre-prone and dry skin and every makeup-remover I've tried have left my skin very red and irritated, except olive oil. First I thought; You can't use oil on the skin when you have acne-prone skin like me, but I gave it a shot, and im so happy I did. I use the oil in two ways:

As a makeup-remover, I pour some olive oil in my palms, rub my hands together to make the oil warm and then I rub my hands all over my face (eyes last if I use a lot of eye-makeup) and I do this for about 1 minute, just because it feels so nice on the skin, and I want all makeup gone from the skin. THEN I take a cotton pad and wet it with water and clean of the makeup and oil with it, one cottonpad is enough for the whole face because I don't care if theres a little makeup or oil left because I'll use a second cleanser after this, to get rid of the rests. When your face is clean ans dried it feel super soft and you have the nicest glow.

As a cleanser when I don't wear makeup, I warm the oil up in my hands as above and rub my hands on my face. Since I don't have any makeup on I can see my problem areas better, where my scars are and dry patches. I rub a little extra om those areas for about 1-2 minutes. Then instead of water on my cotton pad I use a mix of rose and lavender water ( I use Lush eau roma water ) since its anti bacterial. Im not going to use any other cleanser after this since I don't have any makeup-rests, instead im using 2 pads of cotton to clean the oil of. This makes my face glow like the sun (not blank) and it feels so soft and moisturized and just after a few uses I can see that my scarring have faded.

Love love love olive oil! Fades scars, moisurizes, removes makeup and dirt. It's not dangerous to get in the eyes but your vision can get pretty blurry for awhile.

(sorry for my English)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I buy olive oil a few litres at a time because I use it for so many things (food, too). I use this as a makeup remover with baby wipes and it's the best thing I've ever tried.. it removes everything and doesn't irritate my skin. If my skin is flaky, I'll wet it & pat this into my face. I swear it not only moisturizes well, I think it plumps my skin as well. It doesn't break me out either (I'm very acne prone), sometimes I feel it even calms my skin. I use this to make scrubs at home with sugar, and as a body moisturizer, too. It's the only moisturizer that makes my skin feel hydrated from within. It's also great as a hair mask, by itself or with other ingredients. Olive oil is the best multi purpose beauty item (and it's natural, too).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Sorry, but you guys are full of it. If you use pure Olive Oil as a cleanser or moisturizer and come out with clear skin than you must not have had an acne problem to begin with (and yes, I very clearly understand the "method").

Admittedly, products that contain O.O. (such as Shu Uemura cleansing oil) do help with makeup removal, but those are diluted with other ingredients. If I so much as get a drop of olive oil around my mouth from eating a salad with OO based dressing, I'll get a cystic zit that will last MONTHS. I once tried the EVOO method for a few weeks and lived to regret it. It's true that most acne regime's are much too harsh and toxic, but OO is NOT the answer for acne sufferers. It's also too heavy for a hair mask (it took me 4 washes to rinse it all out). There are so many better oils out there, such as coconut oil which is actually productive in that it's ANTIMICROBIAL.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

This is the best for your skin and internally as well. This helps clear certain skin conditions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel funny giving olive oil a low rating since I love it so much as a food product! HOWEVER, whenever this goes near my face it breaks me out like a mofo. Cystic pimples, on my forehead and chin especially. Horrid breakouts on my face, and when I tried to use it as a hair treatment it didn't absorb, I don't think, so it didn't do much for my hair. I also find it a little too thick and occlusive to easily slather all over my body, you know? Not for me, I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gravityx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so after a year of trying to deal with my very dry skin with lotions that just never worked. Having eczema on my face often time a lot of them made my face burn. So I started using this, and it's been amazing. It doesn't break me out in acne and it hydrates my skin so well. With this my skin care routine became so much easier because all I need to do now is a face scrub, wash it and use this. Works great for hands too , makes them soft. I can use it in my hair too, I'll put it on my ends to help them be healthy. Plus it'll last you a long while, and if you don't wanna put your fingers in the bottle, put it in a spray bottle so you don't need put your fingers in it. Only thing is make sure you keep a cap on it because it will go rancid faster if you don't. To avoid that, try the spray bottle (maybe a pump if you want to), avoid it in direct sunlight, and I found putting your fingers in it puts germs in there and that's not good for it...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using olive oil for about a year now and at first it seemed it was working for me, I was using it as a moisturizer and makeup remover. As a makeup remover it still works great. But for a moisturizer, not so much. I noticed that it sort of just stays on top of the skin and is similar to mineral oil in how it stays on top of the skin and prevents moisture from leaving the skin. I would wash my face and then put some on and my face would still feel tight, as if it weren't getting absorbed into the skin and actually moisturizing. I think it would be good to mix it with a regular moisturizer as they mostly contain water, once the water evaporates you're skin feels dry again so I'm thinking the olive oil with prevent that water from leaving the skin. I don't really like moisturizers since they can get pricey and I prefer to splurge on makeup. I do mix olive oil with my body lotion right before I put it on and it seems to keep my skin moisturized for a lot longer. For my face, I've been using coconut oil and it seems to actually absorb into my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by 1Paulabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Honestly this stuff works like a freaking charm! I love it, I use it daily but sadly it still doesn't beat my face mask by Face Gem (witch also has organic extra virgin olive oil as an ingredient). It sucks I moved out of the Toronto area so I can't pick it up or have it delivered since they only do it in the G.T.A (Greater Toronto Area) if you guys are in that area then honestly go to the website and buy and you will see way better results I think it's face gem official it's Organic and Vegan for those of you who hates chemicals on your skin like me! but for now I put the extra virgin olive oil on my face and it is really good, you have to try it to believe it! I plan on driving to Toronto next week to pick this stuff up I had to bragg about it guys because it's way better then this alone! I love EVOO

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is my holy grail (along with coconut oil) i use it as
-face and body moisturizer
-makeup remover
-hair serum
-mouthwash (look up oil pulling method)