November 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by angel4460

I had severe acne and I do the oil cleansing method with this and after use a little benzoyl peroxide and bam! After a few weeks all my acne is gone.
It also helps my scars heal and makes my skin feel soft.
I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use extra virgin olive oil as my after shower moisturizer and apply while skin is still damp. It has gotten rid of dry patches on my shins and elbows and my shins no longer itch. I used to scratch them till blood was dripping down my legs! Not an exaggeration. EVOO has soothed my skin like nothing else I've tried. I definitely recommend for dry, itchy skin. I do not use this on my face as it causes acne breakouts just FYI.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Sydk20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love oil olive but it can be pricey, luckily my parents have huge bottles of it around the house. I have been using olive oil for years because it helps soothe dry skin and feet. I have recently started removing my makeup with olive oil instead of Harsh makeup removers. It pulls the makeup from my skin smoothly with no irritation. I also lather myself down with olive after showers because lotions dry my skin out terribly. I use it on my hair as well to make it softer and more manageable. Overall olive oil has been working very well for me from head to toe.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this get rid of my acne scars by oil pulling and as a moisturizer at night. I think it's working....it's not making it worse? I haven't broken out from it yet, and this is the only oil that my skin absorbs quickly. Way better than sunflower oil. I mean my skin loves sunflower oil too, it flattens the bumps and cysts, but olive oil absorbs way better. It does smell a little. Oh, and I use Trader Joes organic extra virgin olive oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by libra4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, it burns. Then my skin weirdly starts feeling stripped and dry. Still, I'd heard great things about it, so continued to use it for a few days. Then, my skins started developing rough patches at the same time that it breaks out. This is the same reaction I have with Cetaphil. I've since experienced the same with products with even a small amount of olive oil in them and once discovered that a product had olive oil in it after I used it, because it stung so badly I did a closer read of the ingredients. I know this is supposed to be good for people with dry skin (as Cetaphil is supposed to be good for people with sensitive skin), but it truly wreaks havoc with my skin. Next...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I try to stay away from chemicals as much as I can. I use olive oil as a face wash. I have dry skin and the olive oil moisturizes it perfectly. It is gentle and doesn't irritate me at all which is another plus. Wasted all of that money on chemical filled products when I could have been using olive oil for years. ah well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

hair, hands, scalp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with using olive oil.

This is my routine:

I rub a good amount into my freshly washed face before going to bed. I massage the oil in pretty well, paying special attention to my dry and red spots. It feels so comforting being as some face washes make my skin feel tight. When I wake up my face is a little oily as to be expected, but it feels great. I rub a little more oil on my face before getting into the shower, and the let the steam get to work. At the end of my shower I wash my face with Basis face wash, or something grainy in texture for a real treat. It works so magically. When I go to put on my makeup after this, it goes on wonderfully, and my skin feels smooth and soft all day. My skin is glowing, and I don't mean in an oily way. But I do have oily skin and I believe that the olive oil is helping.

For the body it feels great to put the oil on dry skin before taking a bath/shower. Then using a wash cloth and water to exfoliate your skin. Also the oil is good to soften cuticles before pusing them back with an orange stick.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Hair12341234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I tried olive oil as a cleanser/moisturizer, my skin was glowing very nicely.

I tried it a second time a few days later and this time - my entire face and neck broke out in little bumps - when I run my fingers on my face it feels like lizards skin...lol

It may just be me having an allergic reaction to EVOO but I want to pass it on as I don't tend to break out at my age, it happens next to never for any reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ultimate hair nourisher. Although it doesn't smell nice (not much smell at all) and feels nasty as you slather it on your ends of hair (not the scalp), it washes out easily and keeps hair smooth. You only need a little, heated up and then put on your ends, comb and wrap hair in a towel for an hour. Then shampoo and condition like normal. Can be used once a week for my hair- fine but thick and wavy and frizzy.

I used it once on my face- for a few weeks doing the so-called oil cleansing method. It was horrible. My face never looked worse. Tons of acne everywhere. I kept hoping that it was just purging but no. Don't use this stuff to clean your face unless you have dry skin.