August 1, 2014 | 1843 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by amyang

I decided to switch over to powder foundation from liquid foundation because my skin is very acne prone. I was tired to buying liquid foundation with the possibility of it breaking me out. Ive tried mineral foundation but it makes me itch when i wear it alone and if im outside in the sun. This pressed mineral powder foundation is great. I love this thing. They have color ranges for warm, cool, and neutral undertones. Visit their website to understand the color names/ranges. Ive not had any bad reaction to it or breaking me out. My skin is actually better. It keeps me pretty mat through out the day and ill have a little glow by the end of the day. The longevity of it is nice and too bad. It stays on all day if i don't rub or literally sweat it off, but i don't expect foundation to be water proof. It is oil free and good for acne prone/sensitive skin. The coverage is light to medium and definitely buildable. the applicator that comes with it is wonderful and works very well at applying the foundation. it covers spots and redness. Now onto the cons. THe finish is natural but i can still tell that i am wearing some sort of make up or powder. Its not as natural as Bare essentials or liquid foundation. I have to add on bronzer so i dont look washed out because the powder really evens out the skin. THe bronzer adds a realness back the my complexion and dimension. I also do contour. It doesnt photograph the best, ill have to bronze it up and add color. Be careful of a white cast in photos. My color is M40 which is a tad bit light for me but after oxidzation and bronzer, im fine with the finish. THe packaging is sleek and slippery. I find it hard sometimes to open the compact. Overall, i love the product if i warm it up with bronzer and contour. Im fine with it because most powders tend to make you look washed out anyways. I honestly think it was liquid foundation that has messed up my skin. Ill only wear liquid foundation from now on, only on special occasion. If your stuck on which powder foundation to start with because you have skin problems, i recommend this product. Its worth the try. TIP: i wear underneath it a good moisturizer or otherwise it will accentuate dry spots/areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by VividDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this powder and i've been using it everyday for about... 4 months and i've just gotten to see the metal at the bottom. So it lasts pretty long for me atleast. It looks very natural on my skin, i'm very pale, i bought E0 from sephora.
But... my mirror in it broke the first say i got it :[
I guess my bathroom is too humid for it because its like.. clumped together in the container thingy.
!!!!!!!!! It's soooooooooo expensive. I paid about $40 for it including tax. Idk how someone found it for $10.
So anyways its very good, natural, matte, controls oil well, hasn't ever broken me out, but very expensive.
I'm looking for a drugstore pressed powder to finish my foundation that controls oil because i'm sure there's one out there that's just as good, but cheaper. I'm leaning towards covergirl - pressed powder oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by dmhamamoto

This is probably the best pressed powder foundation that I have used :) I have really bad acne and this is probably the only foundation that I have used that doesn't exacerbate the problem. With other foundations, I feel like it makes my acne worse and inflames them as well. But, this covers very well and doesn't make my acne worse!

When you're putting this on, you have to be careful because it can easily get cakey. And you do not need a lot to get a good coverage! (thankfully :) ) I've worn it for 12 hours + and it didn't melt off of my face!

I will definitely buy this again! Good for touch-ups too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by maquillage70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried alot of powders on the market, and this is the BEST powder available in my opinion. This powder has a matte finish when first applied, but wears naturally, so your own skin shows through and works together with the product, making it suitable for both dry and oily skins. Great coverage and a totally natural finish. Perfect! Plus a fantastic shade range, it's a mineral powder but PRESSED, and healthy for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by r0semarysays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The BEST pressed mineral powder foundation! Blows BE, Tarte, and Estee Lauder out of the water.

I would say your next best substitute would be the MAC pressed mineral powders. But Cover FX looks better on and is a much better value (lasted me about 4 months, but I used up my MAC powder in less than 2).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder. It is definitely a summer product for me though, as ANY dry spot is instantly noticeable. It's fantastic after exfoliating and with some moisturizer underneath. Smells a little like green tea, which I loved. Sometimes my face can feel a bit dry as the day goes on, so be sure not to use this if you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by musicgeek00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this powder in E0 and have gone through, if I remember correctly, 3 things of this powder. I love that it is specifically made for sensitive skin and it has yet to break me out. The thing you need to keep in mind with this powder is that it is a fairly heavy power and can look cake-y pretty easily. I'll usually do a light dusting all over my face to get it matte and apply a little extra under my eyes or anywhere else that needs it.
The product tends to last me a fairly long time as well, but I only use it every other day. One pan will usually last me about 5 months.
Overall, I think this is a great product for this with very sensitive skin and are looking for good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by bkc

This is a really good powder foundation in my opinion, it offers good coverage and wears well, the downsides of this foundation is that it is a little too matte if you apply too much, so you have to be carefull, and the packaging is not so great. I have tried many powder foundations before though, high-end to low-end, and this is one of the better ones. All in all though, I like it, especially as an everyday product. For reference, I am a mac nc40-42, and I wear m50.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went to shoppers drug mart and the sales rep said this was her favorite brand that has never done her wrong. After using it for 2 months it did nothing for me, a couple of hours later my t-zone would be oily, as if I hadn't applied anything to it. I've used mac's blot, maybelline's dream matte powder and am trying hard candy's welcome matte now. For 23 CDN I could've used that money towards a better product.
**edit: after using this with too faced primer I'm actually really enjoying this. It had a bit of a tint that I wish wasn't there, but with the primer it evens me out and keeps me matte for longer. After 12 hours I was very happy with the outcome :o) I like it better now

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sickgirl13

This is a great powder. It has a light to medium coverage and it lasts throughout the day. I have applied it with a flat kabuki brush and with a powder puff you get with your basic pressed powder compacts and I noticed I will get more coverage with the powder puff. It is not my HG, but it is one I will fall back on when I want to use a powder foundation.