April 18, 2014 | 1461 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Eifersucht

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice perfume and I recommend it but I still prefer Classique Eau de Parfum. The Classique Eau de Toilette have a spicy quality that I like but not love. It smells good on me but not gorgeous... Bought it as a mistake. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my, how I love this. I tend to get bored with perfumes quickly, but there's something about this one that makes me happy and want to wear it all the time. I think it's because there's so much to it: rose/amber/spice/vanilla/musky/powdery/floral/gourmand-y goodness with just a touch of nail polish and baby wipes to keep the fragrance surprising and not overly sweet. I love it from the effervescent opening to the powdery vanilla-mingled-with-skin drydown. Classique truly does last all day, and if I spritz it on my neck, I still catch occasional wafts of it many hours later.

I was originally expecting to like the EDP more, but it barely showed up on me, as do many soft fragrances, unfortunately. So if you have the same issue, try the EDT. The powdery quality of Classique isn't for everyone, but it makes me happy. :)

The lotion smells closer to the EDP, but it still pairs nicely with the EDT.

Although the bottle is aesthetically pleasing, it's true that the cap /pump can get stuck, so I hope it doesn't break with time. :( Also, your fingerprints show up on the etched part of the bottle, so try to avoid touching it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

One of my favs along with Fragile which I have been unable to find in years (discontinued maybe?). I think this is one of those fragrances that most people just love, it's ageless and sophisticated without being too much so. As another user mentioned, some people are saying this is too old a fragrance, I disagree this goes great with both my hoodie and my evening gown lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

This perfume worked backwards on me. For me, most heavier perfumes smell nice in the beginning and middle notes and then fade into a nasty soapy, powdery smell. This one starts off boozy, as others have said, then gets that powdery soap smell, and then develops a warm vanilla scent.

At first I was really disappointed because I wanted so badly to love this perfume and show off the adorable bottle. I was thinking "Grr! Another perfume turned powder on me." but hen I took a nap and was pleasantly surprised when I woke up. I'm just taking off one lippie because this isn't a perfume I can spray and go.

So, definitely let this perfume run its full cycle on your skin before deciding. It might smell like it finishes early and it will fool you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents! I always come back to Jean paul gaultier classique.
When i apply it i initially get the smell of ginger (which is surprisingly nice) then it dies down into a warm spicy vanilla and i'm a sucker for vanilla! I get a lot of comments when wearing this -definitely a fave :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG parfume which I have been wearing for like 10 years! The bottle is soooo beautiful and I often love the limited edition scents of this perfume as well.. This is just LOVE, pure love <3

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by meral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a very bad smell for me. İ bought this only with reading the reviews here. İt has a great rating so İ bought this. But it's so bad for my smelling. Tried it again and again but NO. İt's kind of an old smell. Odd and mature, smells like an old old woman without any esprit or something special. İ couldn't stand it. And this for an expensive EDT, İ'm realy surprised to find such an old smell, puhh. And it doesn't smell even expensive if you understand what İ mean with this. İ wish İ had save the money and bought Chanel Allure which İ adore instead of this one.
İ think it's me, because so many galls here like it so much, but İ realy wonder why, it has nothing special to it, worse it smells odd old, İ prefer to smell like only myself than to smell this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

people are right to call this a must-have.
this is one of my favourite perfumes! it is also a perfect example of how spicy CAN be completely sweet.
this perfume is not a love/hate type of scent, as it is so pleasant, sweet and gorgeous that you can't go wrong with it. i have gotten many compliments with this with words such as 'sweet' and 'hypnotic'.
this is not a zingy or fresh scent, it is warm, spicy and very sweet.
i thoroughly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Vivora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The name says it all!! A CLASSIC!!!!!!!! MUST MUST HAVE...