Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

4.1

TOP: Mandarin, Pear, Rose, Star Anise
HEART: Ginger, Iris, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Plum, Ylang-Ylang
BASE: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I find this to be a very warm amber, vanilla and maybe ginger scent?! It starts out a little strong but settles into a nice average warm with a hint of spice fragrance that I think would be best worn during the fall/winter. Almost has that root beer thing happening (which I like). The bottle is adorable! It is a nice perfume, but I do not think I love it enough to purchase. I should also mention that this has great staying power!

My all time favorite scent. Wen I was a little girly best friend's glamorous mother had a bottle of this on her vanity, and I've loved it since.

I started wearing this when I was 18 and it has served me well for several years. I like the scent immediately, but it comes into it's own when it has had time to blend with the skin. It then turns sweeter on me, while still not being a little girl perfume. My friends and I call the EDT "woman perfume" because of how it makes us feel!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this but it's not AMAZING! It's okay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When this perfume first came out in 1993, I was a poor art school student in love with JPG's work. I remember going to Sak's the give it a sniff, only to be told that "they were out of samples". Determined to get my hands on this, my friend and I went back when a different sales girl was working. I went up to the counter with a fake British accent, going on and on about how fantastic this fragrance was. My friend went along with it, and what do you know, I got a sample. Oh, come on. We have all been a sample troll at some point. ;)

I now of course have my own bottle, and I still love it. It reminds me of a 1950's vanity table, topped with powders and potions and a lovely vase of flowers. Timeless.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite HG perfume (besides Fragile which has sadly been discontinued). I have been wearing this scent for over 10 years now. It is my go-to scent and really the one that smells like "me". The smell isn't overpowering and has good lasting power for an edt. I always keep a bottle of this around and will continue to buy it so as long as it's available :).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful scent which I was first introduced to by a friend from school - she had worn this from a very young age - 13 give or take - too young for such a sophisticated perfume in my opinion. When I was about 18 or so I decided to purchase my first bottle of this and was surprised at how different it smelled on me. This perfume starts as a very heavy scent with quite an "alcohol-y" note to it, however the "wind-down" of this perfume is when you truly get the benefit of it. It warms up on your skin and leaves a warm and spicy vanilla scent on your skin. In fact i have found my favourite "stages" of this this perfume to be the next day or after a shower. In doing this it leaves a much lighter and subtler form of this perfume. Overall this is a perfume i will purchase time and time again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this it probably is my HG scent, or at least my go-to scent. I got this for Christmas when I was 19, when it first came out in the UK and loved it immediately. It is one of the only perfumes I wear that always gets comments (good ones!). I stray from it every so often, but always come back to it and I love discovering it all over again. I love smelling my hair that has 'wafted' over my neck when i wear it, and it gets better with the drydown. I just love it.

It does smell different on different people, when my BF wears it it's v different so you just have to try it and see - she's much better in Angel or Coco.

I don't see it as an 'old lady' scent, but I'm 35 so maybe it is older than the sweeter celeb generics that my students favor - which smell lovely on them, but I don't want to smell like a teen (or Brittany Spears!!).
I'm aslo loving Kiehls Musk mixed with vanilla oils at the mo - getting lovely comments from this too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a nice perfume and I recommend it but I still prefer Classique Eau de Parfum. The Classique Eau de Toilette have a spicy quality that I like but not love. It smells good on me but not gorgeous... Bought it as a mistake. :(

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is stunning! If I had to sum it up I would say sexy and chic. This is my second favourite perfume of all time after Angel by Thierry Mugler. I recognise this anywhere, even if I don't know it's JPG straight away I always notice the smell and wonder what it is, because it can smell slightly different on different people. I smelt this on someone in a club recently which is what made me fall in love with it all over again - I kept trying to find the smell and who it was coming from. On 2 other separate occasions I also asked 2 women what they were wearing and it was this. It smells like a sexy, gourmand scent. It's definitely well suited for a sexy date or an evening occasion. The lasting power is also very good, I've never had the EDP (the one with the pink tin) but I've tried it and prefer the EDT, which I've owned 3 times in total, and it really lasts a long time so I can't imagine wanting anything even longer-lasting! When I first spray it it's quite strong and I think it smells a bit sherbert-y, but then it settles into a lovely ambery, vanilla scent. The top notes are listed as anise, orange blossom and tangerine; middle notes are ginger, orchid and ylang-ylang and the base is vanilla, musk and amber. The vanilla and amber come through the most for me but the orange blossom and ginger are apparent on the first spray. Personally I think this is chicer than your typical 'sexy', evening scent. To me it smells very Parisian. There's just something about it that smells so gorgeous and unforgettable. It also smells extremely comforting to me, like being enveloped in a hug by someone you really love. I will buy this forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my, how I love this. I tend to get bored with perfumes quickly, but there's something about this one that makes me happy and want to wear it all the time. I think it's because there's so much to it: rose/amber/spice/vanilla/musky/powdery/floral/gourmand-y goodness with just a touch of nail polish and baby wipes to keep the fragrance surprising and not overly sweet. I love it from the effervescent opening to the powdery vanilla-mingled-with-skin drydown. Classique truly does last all day, and if I spritz it on my neck, I still catch occasional wafts of it many hours later.

I was originally expecting to like the EDP more, but it barely showed up on me, as do many soft fragrances, unfortunately. So if you have the same issue, try the EDT. The powdery quality of Classique isn't for everyone, but it makes me happy. :)

The lotion smells closer to the EDP, but it still pairs nicely with the EDT.

Although the bottle is aesthetically pleasing, it's true that the cap /pump can get stuck, so I hope it doesn't break with time. :( Also, your fingerprints show up on the etched part of the bottle, so try to avoid touching it.

Popular Fragrances