April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the newer version, the "natural long lasting" deodorant in lavender scent. It is the worst thing I have every done to my underarms - it left me with red, burning, itching, flaky underarms - it is so uncomfortable and ugly :-(. I can't wait till this reaction goes away. I've tried many natural deodorants and none have done this to me. As far as performance - it's about average - better than many natural deodorants but not as good as Jason's tea tree roll on deodorant. I have to reapply in the day and still have some odor at the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the stick version in Calendula. I wasn't seeking to completely replace my chemical laden antiperspirant, but I like to use something more natural at least a couple of times a week. I don't expect miracles from a natural deodorant - I know they won't keep me completely dry. Just something for a day when I won't be "challenging" my deodorant too much with stressful situations or heavy exercise.

This actually seemed to be worse than nothing. Even when I hadn't actually noticed any sweating - I'd be stinky after a few hours with this on. In fact, the deodorant is a bit stinky in and of itself - the hops? I got the Calendula thinking it would be a gentle not too sweetly floral scent, but it just smells nasty. Seriously bad match with my body chemistry, anyway. Also horrible burning/ itching when used after shaving.

I'm using Nature's Gate now for my anti-perspirant free days. It's not perfect and I'm still looking, but it's 100 times better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by justfortp2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not effective at all. Usually I wear cotton wear and take regular bath so even a weak deo works alright. But for a job interview, I had to wear a synthetic blouse and it was a hot and humid day. Tom's deo was so useless that by afternoon my underarms were stinking like hell. Worst experience ever! Crystal's natural deo works much better though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bottom line - my pits still slightly smelled / were wet ; ) Maybe this will work for someone who doesn't have as big of a sweat problem as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by MAIERANNE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product a couple years ago and had the red rash experience others speak about from the lavender......I shelved the product and went back to my aluminum filled stick......
Flash forward a couple years and decided to try again and I love it!!!! The secret is to continue to use it for at least two weeks and keep in mind you will need to reapply more frequently in that time period as your body adjusts. I now sweat much less than before and don't have the stick stained white shirts. I still cannot use the lavender scent but love the apricot and chamomille sticks. It still doesn't last quite as long as my degree or secret used to but I only reapply once in the afternoon evening. I can handle that for a aluminum free stick!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by chrizzistine

I bought the lavender-scented one and it smelled so nice and glided on nicely. I used it for about a week and had no issues with wetness or smelliness. But then yesterday, I was shopping for clothes and noticed my underarms were itchy. I looked and I have a huge red rash! My skin is even peeling and it now burns. I quickly threw it out. Beware those with sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Yeah...works if your just sitting around all day doing nothing. But if you really do have some stank to cover up, this isn't going to cut it.

I gave it a lippie because it is aluminum free.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the unscented version. I tried this for one day and threw it out. This gave me a weird "salty" smell, which is not my natural smell. FYI, I don't have a lot of natural body odor unless it's been a while since I've showered and I tend to smell more on the sweet side naturally. It may just not work for my body chemistry and might work for others, I don't know. The only good thing about it is that it has no aluminum in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by stelladream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these deodorants. i was really exicted about using them becuase i loved the whole concept. but ten minutes into wearing it ... i started to feel a burn in my armpit... i took a look in the mirror and my armpit was completly inflamed and it irritated and burned so much :( OUCH!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Aluminum-free
*Lavender scent
*No irritation

CONS:
*Stopped working for me after a couple weeks (i.e., I started to stink!)
*Not an anti-perspirant (but none of the natural deodorants are, to my knowledge)