October 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by micaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the gold heavy pen like packaging, makes me feel beautiful just by holding it. However, the effects pales compared with the high expectations set by the gilded appearance. It is a wonderful highlighted no doubt, a little too light for my fair light olive skin as under eye perk me up, so I use it only as highlighted on brow bone and chin. Would not repurchase as it is an over priced highlighter for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by christinaking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Must always have this product on hand! I only use it when I want to look especially beautiful. Like my boyfriend says, when I use it my face is so perfect I look like a doll. I put it under my eyes, cheekbones, in the middle of my nose and around my lips. With it, my lip gloss lasts for hours and hours. It's one of the most amazing and life changing products I have ever used.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cassyvoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cakey. Highlighted my lines. Even when I have very fair skin. Too little and there's no effect. Too much and it cakes up. I'm going to use the rest of it as a highlighter because it fails as a concealer. Maybe it's my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is one of the very few products I couldn't find a substitute for (and I've been a product junkie for more than 15 years). Touche eclat is really like sleep in a pen :) It brightens my undereye circles like nothing else and makes me look as if I had a good amount of sleep. Maybe it doesn't cover in the usual sense but in general I think a strongly covered eye undereye area emphasizes the problems even more.
Touche eclat has a perfect fluidy milky peachy consistency which blends in easily into the skin without creasing. If I feel the need to do a touch up during the day (which I seldom do) I can easily take out the pen out of my handbag and apply it again so layering and refreshing the effect is no problem at all. I wish it wasn't so terribly expensive! Thank good I only have to buy a new one every 6-7 months so a little goes a very long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by MaiSilver

I use this as a highlighter and it does a good job
however not gonna pay so much for a highlighter which a drug store brand can do the same thing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a pricey joke to sell this either as a highlighter or a concealer. It does neither job and adds problems. If you can't afford this product, seriously, you are NOT missing a thing!

First, the only thing this product "highlights" is wrinkles and enlarged pores - it sits in all the tiny lines and pores on the face and makes skin look WRINKLED, OLD and CREPEY. It gives me wrinkles under the eyes that I have never even noticed before. Even tested on the back of my hand it highlights wrinkles! I say its not a highlighter, it is an opaque peach-tinted thick and cakey foundation. Really, a "high-LIGHTER" needs to be lighter than the skin, as well as sheer and luminous to be able to do the job of reflecting light - and this does none of these!

Next, as a concealer, it is too sheer. Concealers are meant to provide coverage, and this doesn't do it well enough. If you try to layer it to get enough coverage to conceal under the eyes it cakes. Crepey, cakey and not smooth at all. It doesn't have enough coverage to conceal small marks either.

Next problem. The formula is too rich for oily skin, it clogs pores and creates pimples in the places it is used.

Next problem. The brush needs to be regularly cleaned or it starts to pong from the build-up of bacteria. Its not really convenient to clean so it ends up a smelly bacteria breeding ground - and thats why my friends Touche Eclat brushes smell terrible!

I think this product is a very expensive, tiny amount of thick shimmer foundation in a fancy gold applicator brush. If you want to pay that much for convenience in a fancy looking tube, then go ahead. But I suggest you would be better off using the same money to buy a separate applicator brush, concealer and highlighter. You'd probably still have money left over for lunch!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I use this under my eyes to lighten the shadow. I think it works. Its not cakey, and its easy to blend. The shadows under my eyes are too bad so this works well. I think it does give the whole face a lift and you look less tired. The cons of this product is that its very expensive. Personally I also find it annoying that you need to click twice to get another shot of product out of the pen, and usually a little too much comes out.
I will continue to look for comparable products, but in the meantime, I would definitely consider re-purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

40USD for a highlighter pen? I do just fine with my Dior Amber Diamond, thank you very much. While the YSL Touche Eclat served its purpose of a liquid highlighter/illuminator, I don't think its an essential in my make up stash. I use it mainly to highlight down the centre of my nose & cupids bow, as well as dab it over my concealer to take away the cakeyness. It works well; just not indispensable if you know what I mean. For illuminating my face, I prefer to reach for the Amber Diamond. To eliminate under eye cakeyness, I can always use my MAC Moisturecover Concealer in place of TE. I guess what I'm saying is - it really isn't worth the 40 bucks for the limited purpose it serves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes,please.
An HG for years.
Tried many others without satisfaction.
Perfect for my light to medium olive skin tone.
A top notch products.
Very glam presentation.
I panic when I don't have a spare!
Even with the chemical laden ingredient list, well worth the compromise.
Need need need.
Recommend.
Strongly.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a few weeks ago with a Sephora gift card. I wouldn't have purchased this without a gift card because of the expense. It's been on my radar for a couple of years but I just couldn't take the plunge. Now that I have used it I understand why it costs so much. It is worth the price. It is the first concealer I have used that does not settle into my fine lines underneath my eyes. It stays smooth & hydrated & in place all day. That type of product is close to impossible to find. I've tried dozens of concealers & primers & several combinations without results as good as this. I do use the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eye primer before using this, then foundation & finally I will use this last. I prefer to use my finger to pat & smooth it on. Using a brush seems to be a waste of product because it gets sucked into the brush & not as good of a finish. I set with Laura Mercier brightening powder using a blending brush. This combo has given me the results I've been looking for and I'm really happy with it. I should note that using this alone does not completely cover my dark circles (which are very dark + I'm pale so they stand out). I have used this over eye cream alone & it certainly perks up the eye area & improves it but I'm the type of gal that wants a flawless finish. So, using alone is only for weekends when I'm running errands & don't have time to fuss too much. Am I happy with the price? No. BUT I am willing to pay a pretty penny for a product that gives great results so that's that. I like the clicker pen packaging because it isn't messy & the control of how much product comes out is great. I'm sure a lot of product will be stuck in the tube when the clicker no longer dispenses so I might try chopping it in half & scooping out into a little container (like I did with the UDPP). I'll edit this review after I've tried that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No