April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this so much that i just went and bought one for my bag too! I have this in Strawberry and it looks really pretty on! Also tastes like mint. They are only a couple of dollars which is great. They remind me of the lipbutters, only better. I will keep buying these until they stop making them.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by iraq

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Rhubarb and it turned my soft-supple lips into a dry, peeling mess! I tested it a few different times to determine which product was drying out my lips. It was definitely this. I expect more from a brand like Burt's.

If you're looking for a cheap alternative, Wet n Wild makes a Natural Blend Lip Shimmer that is more moisturizing and half the cost of Burt's Bees shimmers. That's what I'll be spending my money on from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product. I have it in Rhubarb, Nutmeg, Fig, and just picked up the new Cherry. Rhubarb is a nice light-med. rose w/ almost undetectible rose shimmer that I've re-purchased 3x. Nutmeg is a peachy-terra-cotta with much more shimmer, mostly gold, some pink that I've also re-purchased 3x. Fig is like Rhubarb but a little darker and more purple-y. Cherry is, well, bright cherry-red (pinky-red) with what looks like pink, gold and very little white shimmer. The Nutmeg looks great when you don't want a lot of color and is just a great summer-time, beach-y color.

All of the shimmer particles are very tiny - no big flecks, so even the most heavily shimmered color, the Nutmeg, does not look disco-y or overly flamboyant. None of these colors have those ugly blue-grey shimmers that I hate however, there are more cool toned colors that do - I've stayed away from them.

The color intensity is sheer to almost full coverage lipstick. Except for the Nutmeg, which is much more forgiving of mistakes, if you miss your lips, you will look like a clown - i.e.; if you smear it all over like it's clear lip balm you will def. look goofy.

I find the formulation decently moisturizing - not as much as Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm, which has FAR less color selection, but much more moisturizing than Maybelline Baby Lips, which had nice colors but was too drying for me. This has a mild minty taste, but not strong.

The container is a small, thin, twist-up, which saves space in a small purse, but can get lost easily. The cap stays on well. Overall, a very good product and one that I've repurchased several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It may be the color that I got, but it gave me a frosty finish and also dried my lips out. Although it did smell great and was minty. Would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

this product seems to be really flattering and definitely a must-have for me. I'm not normally someone who wears 'shimmer' lip products, but for some reason I really like these.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these! The shades Carmel and Peoney work with my fair skin. Since I'm normally not a big lipstick buff (I only usually wear Burt's lip balm since I dont' like lipsticks) these are great when I feel like adding color without over doing it...and I like that they are natural :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the New Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in the brown cardboard tube. I got the Red Dahlia color. The cardboard tube is a complete waste, inside in a standard size plastic tube of balm. The color is VERY sheer, almost non existent, and the flavor is not bad but hard to describe. In checking the ingredient list, the ingredient aroma (flavor) is listed exactly as I just wrote it, so the flavor could be anything, really.

Not vegan, FYI. Contains carmine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by wodasmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this lip balm! I got it as a gift and will absolutley buy it again. I love thai it has a lasting color that stays and the shummer are not to obvious. I love the watermelon and rhubarb shade. I love that it makes my lips soft eventhough that the balm have wear off. This is the best balm i have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To begin with, I love all Burt's Bees products! I got this lip shimmer in shade Rhubarb & it's great. I kind of wish the colour didn't "pop" so much, but that is a good thing on the product's behalf because it means nothing more than it's true to its colour. I love the minty smell & how smooth my lips feel. When I eat & drink, the colour fades quite a bit, but it still looks good! It is a little pricey for the size of the tube, but it's worth it for how well these work. I'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

Very good tinted lip balm with a good color Pay off. A bit expansive, n the balm stick is not firmly secured on the twister pin. Packaging could Be improved.