July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in three shades: Guava, the original color (sheer with a little shine to it) and Strawberry. The Guava and Strawberry more opaque. What i love about these is how light they feel on the lips, and the physical sunscreen quality to them. I do love burt Bee's for lips. the Guava color has a bit more shimmer than the Strawberry; I can not say which one i wear more of the three because they equally get worn.
I lost the original color one for a while, it was in my husband's jeep, which is parked in a hot garage. After missing it for a month, i open it up and it has not melted and re-formed, however, i did let it fully cool before attempting to apply. My Guava got messed up when i tried to use it when it was warm and mushy, but it sorted itself out with more use. I dislike it when lip balms melt and then re-form.
I tried the brighter red one before, but returned it. it was too orangy for me and clashed. Which is weird, i usually look good in that color.
They are a bit more expensive than regular chapstick, but these are my go-to products when I am out and about and need to do something about ugly dry lips. I do use Revlon's butter balms more lately; they give off more gloss shine, rather than the flecks of sparkle in the Burt Bee's. But, if you are active like me, and dont want to keep messing with it, then i use the Burt Bee's and it sort of dries on my lips and forms a physical barrier. Yay, because i have a horrible freckle on my bottom lip that ive had frozen off before and it came back anyways. Wearing lip SPF for me is a must, or the freckle gets big and super dark and looks like ive been eating pencil lead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by wlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I went to Whole Foods the other day, and they had lots of Burts Bees products. Since I had only heard of their lip products, I decieded to get some lip balms/glosses. I saw the lip shimmers and was not sure if I should get them, so I got the gloss. The gloss was called sweet pink super glossy. It works really well. I later bought the shimmer, but it was not near as good as the gloss. I would buy it again, but I would but the gloss to go along.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was great! Have this in Fig, and it looks deep, but it's a really rich red. Also, unlike others I've tried (i.e., Kiehl's/Lip Ice), these dont leave your lips feeling....flakey. Instead, they keep you looking moisturized :) I like to use these as a buffer between my gloss/lip colour. If i'm using pink, I simply use my pomegranate flavoured one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been buying these lip balms for years and have gifted many to friends as well. I love tinted lip balms in general, being into low maintainence beauty products, and these are some of the best imo. Peony is my absolute favorite color. It is the perfect warm nude pink with a small amount of shimmer. I love to wear it with a lip liner underneath for more color. Total HG product for me and wearable for almost anyone. I also like Watermelon, which is a darker pink with a hint of purple to it, and Strawberry which is a bright neutral shimmery pink. A couple the other colors I've tried haven't worked out; Champagne is a bit too frosty for my taste (I prefer Yes to Carrots Cotton Candy for a pale shimmery pink) and Rhubarb was just too red for me, but for the most part I think these are great. I will repurchase again and again (esp. Peony - need to buy a back up!).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

I hate these soo mmuchh. First one I bought was champagne. It smelt terrible. I'm a scent person. My products have to smell good. I thought hmm maybe its only this one. I bought one in strawberry. Still stunk. The only thing I liked is they feel like carmex but screw it. For the price... I mineswell just buy carmex!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by blueberrycheesecake

Indeed, it makes lips shimmer. However, the shade i got makes lips look white. Also, it does not moisturize lips well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this so much that i just went and bought one for my bag too! I have this in Strawberry and it looks really pretty on! Also tastes like mint. They are only a couple of dollars which is great. They remind me of the lipbutters, only better. I will keep buying these until they stop making them.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by iraq

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Rhubarb and it turned my soft-supple lips into a dry, peeling mess! I tested it a few different times to determine which product was drying out my lips. It was definitely this. I expect more from a brand like Burt's.

If you're looking for a cheap alternative, Wet n Wild makes a Natural Blend Lip Shimmer that is more moisturizing and half the cost of Burt's Bees shimmers. That's what I'll be spending my money on from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product. I have it in Rhubarb, Nutmeg, Fig, and just picked up the new Cherry. Rhubarb is a nice light-med. rose w/ almost undetectible rose shimmer that I've re-purchased 3x. Nutmeg is a peachy-terra-cotta with much more shimmer, mostly gold, some pink that I've also re-purchased 3x. Fig is like Rhubarb but a little darker and more purple-y. Cherry is, well, bright cherry-red (pinky-red) with what looks like pink, gold and very little white shimmer. The Nutmeg looks great when you don't want a lot of color and is just a great summer-time, beach-y color.

All of the shimmer particles are very tiny - no big flecks, so even the most heavily shimmered color, the Nutmeg, does not look disco-y or overly flamboyant. None of these colors have those ugly blue-grey shimmers that I hate however, there are more cool toned colors that do - I've stayed away from them.

The color intensity is sheer to almost full coverage lipstick. Except for the Nutmeg, which is much more forgiving of mistakes, if you miss your lips, you will look like a clown - i.e.; if you smear it all over like it's clear lip balm you will def. look goofy.

I find the formulation decently moisturizing - not as much as Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm, which has FAR less color selection, but much more moisturizing than Maybelline Baby Lips, which had nice colors but was too drying for me. This has a mild minty taste, but not strong.

The container is a small, thin, twist-up, which saves space in a small purse, but can get lost easily. The cap stays on well. Overall, a very good product and one that I've repurchased several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It may be the color that I got, but it gave me a frosty finish and also dried my lips out. Although it did smell great and was minty. Would not repurchase