Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got the Lip Shimmer in the shade 'Champagne' as a Christmas pressie. I have to say that the shade doesn't suit me well at all (this shade is light/frosty shimmer-ish).
The lip balm is VERY minty- which is something people tend to either love or loathe! Personally I'm not a fan of lip balms that has that minty tingling sensation, it just gets a little too toothpaste-ish for my taste! :)
My lips don't appear any softer after having used this balm, so I'll stick to my old ones instead.

on 12/23/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love love love this product in watermelon and guava. My favs. I have one in every handbag and use them in the afternoon when my lippy has worn off. Gives great colour while making my lips soft. A must have!

I have this product in champagne. It is just glitter in a stick form. It doesn't feel super pleasant on the lips and it feels almost gritty. Definitely not something for someone who has dry lips. The only thing I like is the mint smell.

on 12/14/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this is like literally the best thing ever. i'm almost obsessed with lip products and i love this so much ! it looks really sparkly, shimmery and pretty and it moisturizes my lips! it feels like carmex or burt's bees normal lip products where it feels like your lips are sort of minty. (i have the champagne one) (:

on 9/27/2012 12:48:00 PM

Ok so I absolutely love these lip shimmers they have a great minty smell and feel, they give you a great color and stay on pretty long, the include Vitamin E and Beeswax, Sunflower and Coconut Oils. It comes in 12 shades so you have allot to choose from i have light-med skin so the champagne, fig,guava,peony are my favorites! the only thing is they are like $5 a piece and they are thinner that a chap-stick! so i didn't like that but sometime you can buy the gift set and you get like a 3pack at target for 9.99

on 8/7/2012 7:22:00 PM

Ever since I found Clinique's Chubby Sticks, I've been hunting for a sheer tinted lip balm product. Sadly the chubby sticks dry out and chap my lips, as do most other drugstore and department store products I've tried (Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Kissable Lip Stain + Balm, Clinique Almost Lipstick, Lancome L'Absolu Rouge). The others I've tried all have great reviews for moisture, so maybe it's just my personal skin chemistry. Burt's Bees original lip balm works really well for my lips--which aren't naturally dry but do dry out extremely easily once I apply any product to them--so I figured I would give their tinted versions a try. The tinted lip balm was almost colorless on my pigmented lips, so I exchanged for the lip shimmer figuring that I had nothing to lose.

And WOW! I love this stuff. I adore the minty tingling (the reason I got addicted to the original lip balm in the first place) and the color payoff in Rhubarb is great. Best of all, as the lip balm wears off it does NOT dry out my lips, which is more than I can say for all of the other lipstick+balm products I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You can't fault these. They give great colour, the colour they give is vibrant and uplifting, it lasts. Not too many large or childish 'sparkles' just a subtle gleam - they don't leave the lips dewy just vibrant, if you want dewy use their new ones. These also last more than the new tinted balms they have (the new ones come in a cute cardboard black tube, they are brilliant too but the colour doesn't last as long as they are waxy). These have just the right amount of moisture but if you want more you could apply another Burts Bees Balm underneath. Great all natural ingredients, cheap, packaging twists up well, large selection of colours for everyday.

on 6/30/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absaloutely in love. Bought these on a whim in ulta, and i think that might have been the best decision of my life....ok so not literally but you know what i mean. I bought the shades watermelon and some other reallly light pink one. I love them. The lighter one you have to be careful with because if you smear it all over your lips the color is like BAM!! so yeah. But the colors are all gorgeous and they actually stay on for a while! that really made me happy. so yeah I would absaloutely buy these again and I know i will.

on 6/17/2012 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have this in three shades: Guava, the original color (sheer with a little shine to it) and Strawberry. The Guava and Strawberry more opaque. What i love about these is how light they feel on the lips, and the physical sunscreen quality to them. I do love burt Bee's for lips. the Guava color has a bit more shimmer than the Strawberry; I can not say which one i wear more of the three because they equally get worn.
I lost the original color one for a while, it was in my husband's jeep, which is parked in a hot garage. After missing it for a month, i open it up and it has not melted and re-formed, however, i did let it fully cool before attempting to apply. My Guava got messed up when i tried to use it when it was warm and mushy, but it sorted itself out with more use. I dislike it when lip balms melt and then re-form.
I tried the brighter red one before, but returned it. it was too orangy for me and clashed. Which is weird, i usually look good in that color.
They are a bit more expensive than regular chapstick, but these are my go-to products when I am out and about and need to do something about ugly dry lips. I do use Revlon's butter balms more lately; they give off more gloss shine, rather than the flecks of sparkle in the Burt Bee's. But, if you are active like me, and dont want to keep messing with it, then i use the Burt Bee's and it sort of dries on my lips and forms a physical barrier. Yay, because i have a horrible freckle on my bottom lip that ive had frozen off before and it came back anyways. Wearing lip SPF for me is a must, or the freckle gets big and super dark and looks like ive been eating pencil lead.

on 6/10/2012 12:37:00 PM

Well I went to Whole Foods the other day, and they had lots of Burts Bees products. Since I had only heard of their lip products, I decieded to get some lip balms/glosses. I saw the lip shimmers and was not sure if I should get them, so I got the gloss. The gloss was called sweet pink super glossy. It works really well. I later bought the shimmer, but it was not near as good as the gloss. I would buy it again, but I would but the gloss to go along.

Popular Lip Glosses