Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush

on 11/4/2008 1:08:00 AM

I don't know what is so heavenly about this brush, I got this from the Goddess set at sephora!

This is the WORST brush for MMU anyone can get their hands on. It sheds like an animal, each morning I had to pick about 4-5 strands of hair, short, long bits all over my face. I hate it!

IMO, all BE brushes are the lowest quality of low not sure is it because they came with the kit.

Kabuki/face blender horrid to touch,feel, sheds, discolored

even worst than those d/s brand stay away from it.

on 9/25/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this brush most days to apply mineral powder foundation. It allows me to put just enough product and it distributes the product well; the short dense bristles allow for more control...If anything happened to this brush, I'd definitely buy another one...

on 8/24/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this is a nice brush. It's soft, doesn't shed, and has a long handle for better control. If you like using a flat top brush to apply mineral foundation this would be great, but Coastal Scents has an identical brush (Deluxe Buffer Brush in black), but cheaper. This brush can also be used to blend your blush for a more natural look. That's pretty much the only thing I do with this brush.

on 5/18/2008 10:15:00 PM

Very soft and non-shedding brush. A huge departure from the flawless face brush that came with my BE kit, which was scratchy on my skin and shed. However, this heavenly brush is expensive, unless you find a good deal on ebay. I have the long handled kabuki from everyday minerals. It's only $10 and just as great.

on 5/18/2008 10:07:00 PM

I am surprised based on the reviews that I don't like this brush more. I purchased it to replace a Jane Iredale Handi Brush I bought years ago. I decided to buy the BE brush because I was not happy about how quickly the JI brush fell apart after washing a few times. The BE brush is STILL SHEDDING 3 days after first getting it. I get tiny hairs all over my face. I've used it with loose & pressed minerals, the application is ok, but I think the *slightly* longer bristles of the JI made that one a bit better at creating a flawless finish. I've also used it with my still standing HG lancome dual finish powder foundation with OK results. I might rebuy if it stops shedding and washes and wears better than the JI brush. (I have l'oreal bronzing brushes I feel are better quality, wash & wear better than both the JI and BE brushes)

on 5/16/2008 10:15:00 PM

This brush is a HG for me. I love it because you can really adjust the amount of blush or bronzer that you are looking to use. This is also very nice to use with sensitive skin because the bristles are very fine and soft. Brush looks a lot like the MAC Skunk Brush

on 4/13/2008 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Never again will I believe that all brushes are created (more or less) equal. This is by far the softest brush to ever go near my face, and I have a few nice brushes in my collection. Very minimal shedding so far, especially compared to the other face brushes from BE that I've used. (I have only had it for about a week, though, so that may change.) Not only does it feel great, but it definitely improves how my makeup looks. It gives me a bit more coverage in one go than the kabuki that came in the starter kit, which I need. I managed to get this from ebay for less than half the retail, but I'd pay full price for this if I had to. I also have the Heavenly blush brush, which is just as soft and great for blushes or bronzer.

on 4/2/2008 9:20:00 PM

This is a feather-light, very comfortable brush! No rough edges and minimal shedding! It's expensive so I will not buy it alone, but will buy it as part of a kit (got mine via Pure Moxie at sephora).

on 3/24/2008 11:55:00 PM

This is my favorite BE brush. It has a very soft application, and provides really full coverage for my bare minerals.

on 3/8/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really adore the softness of this brush. You do have to get used to it though since it's flat, you tend to apply more foundation without even realizing until you look up close and go "eww, that's a little heavy looking" However, it's easy to get the hang of it and the shedding of this brush is almost non-existent. I was so over the original brushes they give you with your kit. The shedding had gotten so bad once I was done with my mineral veil each day I would have to go back through with tweezers and pick off all the little hairs on my face, plus the scratchiness was becoming very undesirable. I'd like to find an angled blush brush with these type of bristles then I would find that one "heavenly: as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes