October 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by claudialg

I just tried it and loved it... It was suggested to me on this site and I really liked it, on me it smells sweet cookie-like, and I loved it. I found it at a very reasonable price on a local perfume store!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am finding the edp in this fragrance to be quite different from the Eau Fraiche that I have worn before; warmer, sweeter, and I enjoy the drydown a lot more (almond and sandalwood). It also lasts longer on me, all day and into the evening. It's a comforting scent but still complex. I love the woodiness and the strawberry/praline vibe to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chirpster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and liked it, then got a bottle of it for Christmas and to my horror, I found it horrendous. Heavy, cloying, and way too strong, both in the bottle and on my skin. It reminded me of Hypnotic Poison on steroids. I couldn't wear it at all, and gave it away. I don't know why I actually liked the sample, but the bottle seemed completely different. I didn't really get the vanilla or gourmand notes, and definitely no spice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by katieharrison

I love this scent so much, which surprised me, because I'm not generally a vanilla person. This actually doesn't contain any vanilla but a combo of scents to produce a vanilla-like smell. (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=LP0N0QGUTFTT2CV0KQRQIGQ?id=P0974&categoryId=C16905)
This was a gift to me after trying it out at Sephora & I wore it on my wedding day. A bit pricey, so I wear it sparingly, but I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when I first smelled this I was almost surprised it was sweeter then i was expecting....For some reason when first sprayed on, it smelled like lychee to me..lol, no clue why...it is strange though, or i'm strange because the drydown scent changes on me everytime I wear it.......And it is random on the days it lasts forever and on the days it doesn't last at all. I'm new to frangrances and perfumes so not sure if all fragrances are like this or my chemistry is always changing....lol...The first time I used this it lasted all day and smelled very creamy, warm, and strong vanilla. i liked it a lot. But yesterday I wore it and it dried musky and not much vanilla.....^_^lll Not sure what's up with that, but overall I really like it. It wasn't bad musky but I liked the vanilla scent from the day before. Not my favorite but definately a good one. Maybe when I save up a enough I might buy it but there are others I think I like better that I might get first

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just discovered this fragrance and I am really enjoying it. I am a big fan of any vanilla-y/almondy/sugary-sweet fragrances. I like this because it is not sickeningly sweet. Just light enough to be yummy. I also like that this does not give me a headache as many perfumes do. This reminds me a great deal of Chopard's Casmir-which I think was discontinued. I do think this fragrance is terribly over-priced but will re-purchase if I can find it on Ebay or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfume smells like Yakult( a Japanese liquid-y yogurt). I like it!! It's milky and citrusy and fruity in a good way... until the drydown.. On me, the nutty drydown sometimes smells like sewage. But everything before that is good, though I would like some more floral notes in it, like L'Instant de Guerlain EDP.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

LOVE this scent--even more than my current favorite: L de Lolita Lempika.

I love foody scents but the price of this turned me off from the beginning. But a co worker pushed me towards it and though I hated the way it smelled on her, I did try it at Sephora and loved it.

Its def a perfuem that needs to work with body chemistry. Its very sweet but in a good way. Strange scent..not really vanilla (my ususal love) but just something about it I like. I love the edt and EDP the same-don't detect much differenc.

I ende dup buying this online-HUGE price difference.

This has great staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by scivolare

I first tried and bought a bottle of this fragrance my junior year of high school. It was my signature fragrance for 3 years, until I ran out of my second bottle and decided that I wanted a change. After 2 years, I decided to order another bottle of Hanae Mori's Butterfly as I remembered how much I loved its fragrance, only to discover that it just wasn't the same. I think I have outgrown it, as I found the perfume to be far too overpowering and sickeningly sweet on me. Still, 3 lippies because it will always have a special place in my heart!

Oh, and I managed to drop the first bottle I ever owned in my bathroom. The bottle remained completely intact, however, the beautiful and delicate cap shattered nto a million little pieces.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just tested this again yesterday and I have to say, on me, it just doesn't work. I used to love this and was sorry I didn't buy when I first tried it - I smelt wonderful with it on. But yesterday, it just sort of sat and didn't do anything. It is lovely if it works with your chemistry - I think my chemistry is changing so the search continues.