Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine - Caribbean Frost 446B

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydrid, Glycols Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sucrose Acetate, Isobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butyl Alcohol, Camphor, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone, Citric Acid May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Yellow 5, Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Red 6, Red 34, Chromium Oxide Green,

on 11/30/2008 11:40:00 PM

Good things first: color and price. The color is a beatiful green, with a lot of blue in it, but clearly a green to me. This could be the color of a super fresh mint mouth wash (I wish I were as good as other MUAers at describing colors). Has a shimmer finish. Very beautiful and unique color (at least for drugstore brands available to me). Got tons of compliments from girls in my office. I am quite pale and it looks good on me, but I think this would look gorgeous on someone with really dark skin. As for the price, it is dirt cheap: payed 25 mexican pesos for it, less than 2 USD.

Now, bad news: difficult to apply (runny, runny) and I managed to completely smudge one nail like after 30 minutes after application! So I would advice to use two as thin as possible coats (and don't unbutton your pants before 30 minutes are gone). I wouldn't repurchase or buy another nail polish in this line because of difficult application, seriously. Haven't had it long enough to agree or disagree with other reviewers stating that it becomes thick quickly. Very strong smell too.

Another good news: according to the label it doesn't contain toluene, formaldehyde nor phtalates. Bad news it is manufactured in China and I am not sure I am trusting the label (after toys being found out containing lead and baby milk containing melamine, that is).

on 8/15/2008 3:41:00 PM

This is a very adventurous colour and I love it. A bright teal with blue shimmer. Looks great in the summer when you're a little tanned. It goes on smoothly and the coverage is pretty good for such a cheap polish, I just use a clear base/topcoat to reduce chipping.

on 5/28/2008 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a whopping total of eighty-eight cents, this is not half bad. The bottle packaging is average (brush is decent, screw on lid is ok), it came in a little plastic-n-paperboard thingie.
It is a rather interesting shade of tealish-peacock blue. Nice and green, and quite shimmery/metallic. No glitter, which I like. I have a million shades of blue and green but none quite like this, which is nice.
Problems lie in the products consistancy-- it is for lack of a better term gloopy- kinda thick, and streaky. I'm guessing it might be just my bottle-- gonna acquire some pure acetone and thin it a bit-- I'd rather have to do 3 thin coats than 2 thick and clumpy ones. It dried fast, but I havent tested it for durability as of now.
Topcoat is very VERY necessary as the sheen of the dried polish is more satin than wet-look shiny, and I'm a fan of that 'new car enamel super wet' look.
All in all, I'd reccomend that this is more of a toe polish rather than a finger polish due to the streaking.

pros : it's a really shimmery teal color. the color you see on the bottle is the color you'll get (once you layer it on. see cons.) the bottle is kind of cute :]. CHEAP prices. but not cheap quality.

cons : the color is kind of watered down with one layer, you can still see most of your natural nail color. dries TOO fast, and you'd have uneven layers.

overall : i would buy again and again :].

updateee! the product dries really fast in the bottle. it became gloppy after two weeks of opening. but since it's so cheap, i guess it's okay.

on 2/27/2008 10:07:00 PM

I love love love this polish. To me the color appears a light blue with a tiny bit of green. It shines beautifully :) My only complaint is the fact that it usually starts chipping within the first day, but that can be ignored for the price (I only paid about $1.50).

on 1/22/2008 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I only have good things to say about this color! Like others have mentioned, it's a lovely turquoise green that has tons of personality for its price (99 cents). In some lights it looks blue, in others light green, or blue-green, or green-blue, or any other green/blue color combo you can think of. I love it! It's one of the more unique colors out there and works year round. The lasting power isn't the greatest (two days w/o chipping), but it's only a dollar and I'm willing to overlook that. Caribbean Frost makes for one fun pedicure.

on 1/17/2008 1:08:00 AM

This nail polish is awsome. It's friggin cheap as chips and lasts a long time. It's a beautiful turquoise colour that can't be found even in the most expensive stores and I got it at Wal Mart! You only need one coat of his bad boy and the colour is rich and vibrant.

on 1/6/2008 12:41:00 AM

I've been running around looking for a pretty green nail polish for a really long time. The ones I find are either way out of my price range or it's ugly and doesn't have any color at all. I was bored one day and decided to check out cheap polishes at Rite Aid. When I saw this, I knew I had to buy it. It was just $1 so even if it sucked, it didn't matter. The color is really pretty. It's shiny, sparkling green. 1 or 2 coats adds enough color... the only downside is its staying power. Maybe it's just me, but at the end of the day, some of my nail color is chipped off... even with a top coat.

on 12/12/2007 9:41:00 PM

Despite the name, I convinced myself that this can be a Christmas color, as it reminds me of Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea Pungens). Yes, nerdy. Anyway...it is quite an unusual green- very beautiful in shade or sun. Frosted, almost pastel at times, and then gleaming like jade at others.

There is something about Wet 'n Wild polishes (the brush shape?) that allows me to apply them more smoothly than OPI or any other formula. This one was only $0.50, but it has no streaking, bubbles, or imperfections and resists chipping better than any other brand.

Two layers are opaque and multi-dimensional, but I may try 3 layers next time, just to see what it's like.

Others mentioned sticking to short nails with this shade, but my nails are long right now, and I think it looks pretty hot. Although I'm 23 and working in an academic environment, so I have more freedom than some.

I adore Wet 'n Wild! Can't beat half a buck!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I've bought this twice, once when it was in the short round blue-handle bottle and once in the parrellogram/silver handle bottle.
This polish is a bright, shiny, shimmery teal green. I think of mermaid tails and warm ocean water when i think of this color, so the name is pretty dead on. At 93 cents a bottle, about as much as the average person has in their couch, this polish is pretty sweet and doesn't really funk up over time.
I likes it.