September 1, 2014 | 1972 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought the Urban Decay book of shadows 2, I had heard so much about the volume 1 , and wanted to see what the hype was all about. I love this palette, really gorgeous colors, very pigmented. Only 1-2 shadows are glittery and cause fallout all over my face, but even still the colors are vibrant, with good color payoff. My only beef is the steep price, but the colors are so awesome and if you can afford, then splurge. I usually use mac e/s and kept hearing about the UD e/s, but was stuck on mac , but then i caved based on many reviews and figured what the heck. This is my first purchase from UD and luv it. For those who haven't tried and are on the fence...go for it....you will not be sorry...guaranteed! I'm only sorry I took so long to decide. Oh it comes with 24/7 UD pencils, great opportunity for those of you who have been wanting to try them, trust me they are excellent, great staying power too

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by leti2004

I love this product.It really stands out and it looks beautiful. I have applied it just by itself with an eyeliner and it looks GREAT !!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by deretsun

Very good series for every occasion, you can wear wet or dry for a variety of effects. Some colors don't work as well as others, but in general I love this series.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by kittiekiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love UD shadows, great deep pigmented colours that last and last. My faves are Shattered and Vert.
Some of the very sparkly ones are too much for me, so I don't buy those ones - they end up all over my face! I don't buy the palettes either, because they usually have lots of the highly glittery shades included.

LOVE UD's packaging!

The only product I've bought from UD that I disliked was the Big Fatty Mascara which clumped and smuged like crazy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by gina1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have over 50 UD eyeshadows. While I don't love them all, one thing is pretty uniform throughout the line: pigmentation. They are all deeply pigmented with little filler. Many do contain some form of glitter (large or small or both!). This is a turnoff for some, but it is easy to see which are glittery and which are not both in person and when buying online so they can be avoided. Besides the glittery shades there are duochrome, pearl, shimmers and mattes to choose from. The mattes are fairly good colors though one or two are somewhat chalky. Other than those, the mattes are velvety in feel and application. Packaging is ok, a little kitschy but decent enough. The individual cases have a satisfying snap to them when closed. The palette packaging varies, but is usually ok and still kitschy. I recommend to others to try a palette before plunking down the almost $20 for a single shade. That way they can get a general feel for the product. Pricing is fairly high, but I have only ever hit pan on one or two of my favorite colors out of all that I own. That said, I consider buying the singles sort of like an investment because I'll have it forever (theoretically). I've only given four lippies due to the few shadows that seem to deviate from the UD standard - heavily pigmented, smooth application, staying power, packaging etc. Overall they are a great range of eyeshadows from super bright and fun to more sedate and neutral. There's literally something for everyone in the color selection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

i have this in half baked and i LOVE it. Very shimmery gold, perfect for night time. So pretty with black liquid eyeliner! i get compliments everytime i wear it! goes on smooth and stays put, very pigmented like all urban decay shadows. Lots of color, not just all shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This review is for the Skull palette. The 6 colours are Cherry, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Grifter, Vert, Oil Slick, Shattered, Blunt, Chopper, and Twice Baked and boy are you in for a treat! The colours are highly pigmented and they rock. The shimmer/glitter is just right for my naturally tanned skin. It all depends on how you apply it and of course, how much. Are you ready for this? I am 51 and I wear shimmery, glittery colours even in the day time and let me tell you the compliments I get are unending. Believe me, strangers stop me at malls and restaurants and ask me what shadow/lipgloss/perfume I am wearing. I love these colours! I bought the Book of Shadows during the holidays and thought I would get this one to travel with. Perfect choice!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by FocusM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have four UD shadows: Half Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Shotgun and Roach.

Honestly these are just okay. The sparkles ( in the sparkly ones) are usually way too much, they go on smooth enough but I haven't seen any of them last any longer than some of my drugstore shadows. Sure they stay on better with the primer potion, but so does every other shadow out there.

I just don't think they're really worth the price. The colors are pretty, but nothing special.

I won't be purchasing any more of these since I don't love them and there's better products out there for less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I discovered UD eyeshadows. They are the best! No creasing, no fading. Superior to many others I have used. Fantastic color selection. Do try in the store before you buy as many look different on than they do in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I LOVE UD eyeshadows. They are so pigmented and smooth. I don't mind the sparkles either, I actually like them but I use the eye primer so the sparkles don't go anywhere. The shadows last FOREVER too. Or at least my 12 hr work day ^_^