September 17, 2014 | 1979 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hooray! Finally found a keeper! I love this tinted moisturizer. (I tried Laura Mercier Oil-Free and was SO disappointed.) Target had a sampler to try in the store, and I gave this a shot. I have oily skin, but it doesn't make it break out. "Fair" looks natural on the semi-olive, freckled skin. It goes on smoothly, doesn't STING when it gets in my eyes (avoid Neutrogena for that reason, ouch!) and doesn't rub off easily. I'd like the SPF to be higher, but I won't complain.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mookowzmoo

The coverage is just as it says: sheer. However, I liked the way this looked on my skin until it made me break out two days into product use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... My experience with this is really different from a lot of people here.

First, I'm surprised at the people who find it too sheer. I feel completely the opposite. It seems closer to a foundation to me. In fact, I've tried foundations with less apparent pigment.

As far as texture - it's almost cakey. Oily cakey on application that settles into dryer cakey.

And maybe because of my age, but I prefer something that is a little illuminating. I think everyone looks better with makeup that is slightly illuminating, but if you are a person who likes matte - this is for you.

As far as color, I tried the fair in the store and that seemed too yellow for me. The medium was closer - but the problem is that it is a little orange and then after a bit on your face it goes even more orange. Like comically orange. Not a look I'm aiming for.

My HG TM was discontinued and I'm still searching for a replacement. But this isn't it. The two lippies are one for the 15 SPF and the second because my Target had a sales associate who was a sweetheart.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Chayann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product. I only bought it because the store was out of my regular TM and I had seen fairly decent reviews for this. It goes on fairly nicely and is very moisturizing and provides nice, even coverage for a TM. However, after a short time (within an hour for me) my skin ends up looking oily - not dewy, but greasy. In this winter weather, I usually have a bit of dry skin, so the moisturizing aspect is good, but the oily finish that I get is not great. I will be sticking with either Kiehl's or CG Smoothers from now on. Wish this product worked better on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this TM after trying it on in Target. Although it goes on looking light, the Fair shade blends perfectly into my NW25 skin. I like the dewy-but-not-sticky finish, and it covers up a lot of my skin imperfections without the need for concealer. Unfortunately, however, my face looks like an oil slick within an hour, even though I've tried finishing it off with powder, and now I'm breaking out all over my chin and cheeks. I think this might be due to the mineral oil, which usually I avoid like the plague. I thought the mineral oil wouldn't be a problem tight now because my skin is a bit dry during winter, but evidently I was wrong. So if you have sensitive or combo skin, this may not be the best TM for you. I'm still searching!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

The price point on this is great. But TM made me break out so no love there. Still worth a try if you can get in your area or drugstore.com has it too. Only 3 colors, boo and fair was almost too light for my NC 20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Avanti414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Okay...I see a few bad reviews here about this product...and I dont know why. Well, to each his own. I bough it after I saw reviews on YouTube.
I bought it....a tad pricey for tinted moisturizer but hey...I am a make up whore and I deserve it!!!! So I bought it....took it home and tried it...
To me it seems a little thick to be just a moisturizer....looks like a foundation.....feels like a moisturizer...so WIN WIN! I sometimes wear it alone with some setting pwdr and it makes my skin look more even....healthy. Other than that I use it to refresh my Sonia Kashuk Foundation after 9 plus hours of wear. My verdict???? I ,LOVE IT...I WILL REBUY

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Juicylover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this tinted moisturizer but it give only really light covrage, so people with skin that is a little more on the discoloration side might not like this because when the pakaging mean sheer they mean sheer. If you have drier skin this is a great product for you because it's hypo-allergenic and spf 15, plus it sinks into your skin really fast, that is probably why the is not as much coverage as desired in this tinted moisturizer because it sinks into your skin so face. So in general the tinted moisturizer in okay but I would love to see what else it out there, such and mac moister tint or jemma kid target line tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by infusion77

I wanted to like this tinted moisturizer b/c Boots is a decent brand and the price was right. The main problem I have is that it is very orange. I bought it in Fair, but it is very orange. I don't know any fair skinned people who have orange undertones. Also, I'm pretty sure it makes me look worse than when I'm wearing no makeup. I'll keep searching for the perfect tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Medium because last year's "summer" foundation was a shade too light, and while it was perfect for my face- working a lot more in the sun this year is showing on my arms, legs, and chest (with a hat of course!). Also Target was out of my usual Maybelline Pure and since I've been using the Boots facial products with great results, I thought I would try a foundation.

That said, the Boots lady at Target recommend this TM to me. I've never used a TM before, so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't realize that it really was JUST a TINT. Medium is a tad darker than my skin, which is actually what I watched, so that's perfect. But all it does is tint my skin- it doesn't cover up anything. I still had to use a concealer for uneven spots.

But it goes on very smooth and easy. The texture is creamy. It does leave your face dewy, which I didn't care for because I have oily skin, but once I put a bit of blush or setting powder, it was fine. I haven't noticed it come off on anything, I even took a nap while wearing it on a white pillow and nothing came off.

It has SPF 15 which is great because I don't have to apply a separate SPF lotion, and it hasn't broken me out at all, even after 3 weeks of near daily use. Fabulous because I DO have oily skin, and I'm always afraid of getting pimples with a new product.

All in all, a decent purchase, and I'll keep using it til it's gone. Pricey for me, $12, but it has the potential to last a while. Not a repurchase however, I'm getting a proper foundation next time, would like at least light coverage instead of practically none. But I would reccomend this to teens and those blessed people that don't have acne scars/spots/dark circles to cover up.