April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would ever have to use a bronzer but I got this in a kit with Tarte's Dollface 12 hr AC blush. Why not give it a try? I've been using this every day since! It's winter and want a bit of warmth to my C4/NC40 coloring. Very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shayshay02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After owning and trying many bronzers - this is my HG bronzer. Makes my skin glow (not shimmer! ick!) and is very blendable. Doesn't look cakey or look like dirt like so many bronzers can. I know many people of different tones that like this. I'm an NC 35.
So many bronzers out there have excessive shimmer and look fake! This gives a natural healthy glow and a tan if desired. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer a lot. I don't own many but got this as part of my 500 point perk at Sephora. I've been meaning to buy one as my skin was starting to look overly pale and tired as the winter progressed. The key to this bronzer is to use a very light hand in key points of the face. I use the C method on either side of my face, blend it out lightly in the middle of my forehead, and on the bridge of my nose. The result is that I look healthier and brighter somehow. The bronzer IS shimmery but not overly so as most bronzers seem to be. Looks completely natural and pretty on my NC25 skin. Will I buy this again? No as I hardly use bronzer and when I do veery lightly so it'll take forever to use up and by the time I do i'll probably want something else but I really do like it.

Reasons for a 3: Does not last long, need to keep reapplying for that lightly sunkissed look. The color itself is a pretty, toasty bronzey color but nothing remarkable. I like bronzers and blushes to have more depth in its color for me to be truly impressed. HTH :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The.perfect.bronzer. Park Avenue Princess is very slightly darker than my skin tone (NC44ish) with a kick of golden sheen (not glitter!) to make my skin look healthy and glowy. I use this if I accidentally bought a too-light foundation or if I'm just generally looking pale/sick that day. No breakouts, but it doesn't last very long. The only thing I dislike is that the packaging looks tacky and cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by rmaxie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have purchased this several times. Great blendable, buildable bronzer. Works on all skin tones, as I am pretty pale and I have used it on my African American family members.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a healthy and natural looking bronzer, without the excessive glitter, shimmer, and ruddiness caused by so many other similar products. The color is buildable, enabling the user to adjust the intensity as desired. It blends easily, and gives a sunkissed tan glow. The only downside is that it requires occasional touch ups throughout the day, as the color tends to fade after a few short hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this at Ulta when they had a special on it for only $15. I thought it was worth a try, I'd seen great reviews that said it was a perfect color for fair skin and didn't break anyone out. The color was more subtle and a bit cooler than other bronzers I've tried but it almost didn't show up well enough. When I used the right amount, it looked great but too much looked unnatural and a little muddy. It does have some shimmer but it's pretty subtle, I really only noticed it when I got some glitter fall-out. This took a while but eventually it broke me out like all bronzers I've tried. I recently patch testing hoping I was wrong but I am probably going to end up giving it away or throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by DoeEyed

GLOWING. Natural and not overly shimmery (key to a good bronzer I think). Long wearing. No adverse reaction from my sensitive, oily, acne-prone complexion. My go to skin accent.
It appears to be a truly universal color. I'm a tan medium in the summer when this works more like a face-color/highlight; and a light medium in the winter when this works more for contouring. This is on the golden side but in effect just adds SHEER warmth of tone; not yellow or orange tackiness. I tend to be very light handed with makeup, but you could certainly build this up for more oomph.
Can't say enough about how impressive this bronzer is compared to everything else. It's a testament to Tarte as a brand that consistently makes high performing AND chemical free products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by msjaim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i remember the first bronzer i tried yrs ago was by covergirl , I think it was sun kissed someting.. i never really developed a liking for bronzers until I received a deluxe sample of park ave princess ( matte) i love this stuff!. I typically use tarte bliss ( i think thats what its called) cheek stain.. a peach non shimmery color. but this bronzer tones it down a bit, making me have an even more natural glow . all pros & no cons! gives a natural warmth, even seems like it helps sets my cheek stain , giving it more staying power. not to mention this stuff lasts FOR EVER!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I got this in a trial sized in sephora's 500 point gift. The powder is finely milled, brown with a golden cast to it. No obvious glitter or sparkle unless your skin is under direct sunlight. So far I'm liking this more than laguna for my NC 25ish skin. Laguna looks more of a dull brown than Park Avenue Princess.