September 2, 2014 | 1644 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by pollinad

I received a sample size of this bronzer, along with some other Tarte products, as part of my Sephora 500-point perk. Out of all the items I received, this is the only one I actually find worth using.

It's a nice, medium dark bronzer with subtle shimmer. I do prefer matte bronzers, but I don't mind the shimmer too much. It's a little dark for my fair skin, but if I use a fluffy duo-fibre brush and a light hand when applying, it works well and gives me natural-looking color.

The biggest con is the packaging, which I dislike.
The biggest pro is how LONG-WEARING this is! I checked my makeup 8 hours after application on a hot summer day, and I didn't need to touch up my bronzer! Very impressed with how this wears.

I'm still on the hunt for my HG matte bronzer, but this is a good product and I may purchase it in full size when I finish the sample.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bronzers with shimmer really don't work for me. I dislike having my entire face, neck and decolletage sparkle. My preference in bronzers lean toward matte ones such as NYC Sunny (which unfortunately is a few shades too deep). Still on the hunt!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I love the formula of the Tarte Bronzers. I have both the regular Park Avenue Princess, and the waterproof Matte Park Avenue Princess. I love both.

The regular Park Avenue Princess is very shimmery. On my medium skin tone, it doesn't show up too much pigmentation on me, its a very light bronzer on me, and adds a lot of shimmer. I use this more as a highlighter on my cheeks. It has gold shimmer to it. Very pretty.

It lasts a long time, the packaging is so cute, and it doesn't break me out or make me feel or look oily. Great products!

Added: The Matte Waterproof Bronzer is actually waterproof. I use this one every day. It adds great natural color to my face. Its a golden toned bronzer, and completely matte, which is hard to find. I suggest you try this!! This is my holy grail bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

I love the packaging of this product! So cute! This bronzer has some shimmer, so it's not a matte. It adds a nice glow to the face. A bit pricey but still a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would ever have to use a bronzer but I got this in a kit with Tarte's Dollface 12 hr AC blush. Why not give it a try? I've been using this every day since! It's winter and want a bit of warmth to my C4/NC40 coloring. Very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shayshay02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After owning and trying many bronzers - this is my HG bronzer. Makes my skin glow (not shimmer! ick!) and is very blendable. Doesn't look cakey or look like dirt like so many bronzers can. I know many people of different tones that like this. I'm an NC 35.
So many bronzers out there have excessive shimmer and look fake! This gives a natural healthy glow and a tan if desired. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer a lot. I don't own many but got this as part of my 500 point perk at Sephora. I've been meaning to buy one as my skin was starting to look overly pale and tired as the winter progressed. The key to this bronzer is to use a very light hand in key points of the face. I use the C method on either side of my face, blend it out lightly in the middle of my forehead, and on the bridge of my nose. The result is that I look healthier and brighter somehow. The bronzer IS shimmery but not overly so as most bronzers seem to be. Looks completely natural and pretty on my NC25 skin. Will I buy this again? No as I hardly use bronzer and when I do veery lightly so it'll take forever to use up and by the time I do i'll probably want something else but I really do like it.

Reasons for a 3: Does not last long, need to keep reapplying for that lightly sunkissed look. The color itself is a pretty, toasty bronzey color but nothing remarkable. I like bronzers and blushes to have more depth in its color for me to be truly impressed. HTH :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The.perfect.bronzer. Park Avenue Princess is very slightly darker than my skin tone (NC44ish) with a kick of golden sheen (not glitter!) to make my skin look healthy and glowy. I use this if I accidentally bought a too-light foundation or if I'm just generally looking pale/sick that day. No breakouts, but it doesn't last very long. The only thing I dislike is that the packaging looks tacky and cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by rmaxie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have purchased this several times. Great blendable, buildable bronzer. Works on all skin tones, as I am pretty pale and I have used it on my African American family members.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a healthy and natural looking bronzer, without the excessive glitter, shimmer, and ruddiness caused by so many other similar products. The color is buildable, enabling the user to adjust the intensity as desired. It blends easily, and gives a sunkissed tan glow. The only downside is that it requires occasional touch ups throughout the day, as the color tends to fade after a few short hours.