Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Lavandin Extract, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap
My Skin type is Normal

I remember Dr. Bronner's way back when I first when to health food stores years ago. But I think I wasn't keen on it due to the smell. So glad they came out with Lavender.

Here's my review:
Texture: Foams up nicely.
Performance: Cleans well and seems to moisturize well as there is oil in the soap.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with snap top to dispense.
Odor: Clean scent of lavender.
Cost: Low to middle range.
Bought at: Lazy Acres (a local health food store)
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I use this to wash my body and shave my legs. It works so well. I do highly recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this Magic Soap!!!! Before I was using Face Secretes Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner but I didnít want to be paying 4.99 all the time. So I tried the ELF Shampoo but that left my brushes really dry. So I went on YouTube and saw several recommend Dr. Bronnerís Magic Soap . Once I got it I tried it right away, and a little goes along the way. How you use it is : a cup of water add like 6 to 8 drops of the soap, mix it, then wet your brush with water, dip the brush in the cup, and clean it on the palm of ur hand. Redo the same process if u need to. I had several brush that where already cleaned that I had clean before with the ELF shampoo. I re-cleaned them with the Magic Soap and OMG they where a little bit dirty. I really loved how it left my makeup brushes. It left the brittles really soft, smell really good afterwards, and cleans them really good. You can find it at Target and eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You can get any scent Peppermint, Organic, Baby Mild, Tea Tress, Citrus, Lavender and Eucalyptus)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect lavender scent, super concentrated so I don't need much at all to clean my whole body (one nickel-sized squirt onto a washcloth is plenty).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this-a 32 oz bottle lasts a really long time as it's very concentrated. It's a good lavender, not cloying or head-achy. I use this on a microfiber washcloth, or just in my hands, or mixed with baking soda to wash my face. I really love it! I love that so little soap produces so much lather! Rinses clean.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I use this for cleaning my makeup brushes and for that, it's wonderful. Before I started using Dr. Bronner's, I was using baby wash. When I initially read about the reviews I was a little worried about the bristles on my brushes becoming stiff or dried out, but I haven't experienced anything like that. So no worries in that department.

Before using this, I never felt like my brushes actually got a true deep cleaning when I washed them. Now they're left spotless and look pretty much brand new after each wash. The true test, though, was on my MAC 187, which I found to be a very difficult brush to get back in its original form/color when I was using baby wash. When I use Dr. Bronner's, there's no doubt that it will come out super clean and with no trace of makeup lingering on it.

(FYI: the lavender scent is very strong, but it fades)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use it for just about everything in my house. It works fabulously as a dishwashing liquid, both in an out of the dishwasher (It makes the entire house smell amazing when the steam comes out!), a brush cleanser, a pet cleanser (my dogs and guinea pig smell AMAZING after I use this on them!). I also use this as a scented bath and it makes the whole bathroom smell great. It's really nice as a facial cleanser as well. I have to admit, it burns my eyes like crazy if I even get it near them and it doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but it's still a nice cleanser.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps are all natural, come in a variety of scents, and are so versatile. Lavender is my particular favorite- such a relaxing, heavenly scent. It's perfect for using in a bath...I add a bit to a running bath, and let the lavendar aroma lift the day's stress away. I have used this as a body wash as well- just make sure to dilute with water, as a little goes a long way. It can also be used as a face wash- i do not generally use it for that purpose, but have when I ran out of my regular face wash. Again, diluting is the key, otherwise, this stuff is very strong and concentrated, especially for use on the face. I have even used this to clean the toilet bowl, and it works surprisingly well. I do not do that regularly, as a bottle of this stuff is not too cheap, so I keep it on hand for use as a soap or bubble bath. As another reviewer mentioned, this can also be used to clean makeup brushes- it effectively gets rid of all traces of makeup without damaging bristles. I have also read that this can be used to hand wash clothing. There are plenty of uses for Dr. Bronner's soaps. They are not too cheap, but you do get quite a bit of product in the larger bottle, and a little goes a long way so it lasts some time. They can be found in major drugstores, and even Target. It's a staple, especially for those who prefer to use all or mostly natural beauty products.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had a MAC loose shimmer powder explosion in my main makeup bag a few months ago, and it coated ALL my most used products in a layer of gold. Including my brushes, my foundation- pretty much everything I use most often. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked.
I saw the reviews for this and picked up a bottle last night, and I'm amazed at how clean everything is. I just dumped everything in the sink after making sure it was all tightly screwed shut, poured a few drops of this stuff on it and washed each item individually under the tap. It took me half an hour to get EVERYTHING clean- even the stuff I was ready to trash, like my tiny individual pots of MAC eyeshadow and lipsticks, because until now I couldn't touch them without getting my hands and clothes covered in shimmer. Managed to rescue the pot of shimmer that had gotten loose and caused all this mess and the makeup case too- didn't have to throw anything away. Amazing! After I was done with cleaning my makeup stuff, I used a couple of drops on a kitchen towel and now my bathroom counter is sparkling as well. It only took a few drops to do all of that.
I wouldn't use this on my body because it feels a little too concentrated for my taste, but I love it for my brushes, and for my countertop as well.

A great bath and shower gel that I will use over and over. Dilute as it is very concentrated. Use a drop at a time and it will last forever. It is more expensive than "regular" soaps? Perhaps, but if you add water it comes out to be cheaper because you use so little of the product. Smells wonderful in the bath without being overpowering. Is the label ranting crazy? Yes! But it gives you something to read in the bath. Was Dr. B nuts? Yup! But he makes the best soap ever. I am a convert!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

*changing my rating from 5 to a 3 because I can't stand the lavender scent anymore; the smell lingers on my dry brushes. Also, I have been having trouble getting dry foundation off my brushes lately, even after several washes in a row.

original review:
I dunno how i lived without this stuff! It makes cleaning my makeup brushes such a breeze! Before Iwould rinse and rinse and would still have bits of foundation stuck between bristles, but this stuff gets pretty much everything out. It's also super cheap considering I only use a drop or two per brush. I've been using a big bottle for the past 4 months and I'm not even close to being 1/4 of the way done.

Popular Body Skincare Products