September 1, 2014 | 945 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a MAC loose shimmer powder explosion in my main makeup bag a few months ago, and it coated ALL my most used products in a layer of gold. Including my brushes, my foundation- pretty much everything I use most often. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked.
I saw the reviews for this and picked up a bottle last night, and I'm amazed at how clean everything is. I just dumped everything in the sink after making sure it was all tightly screwed shut, poured a few drops of this stuff on it and washed each item individually under the tap. It took me half an hour to get EVERYTHING clean- even the stuff I was ready to trash, like my tiny individual pots of MAC eyeshadow and lipsticks, because until now I couldn't touch them without getting my hands and clothes covered in shimmer. Managed to rescue the pot of shimmer that had gotten loose and caused all this mess and the makeup case too- didn't have to throw anything away. Amazing! After I was done with cleaning my makeup stuff, I used a couple of drops on a kitchen towel and now my bathroom counter is sparkling as well. It only took a few drops to do all of that.
I wouldn't use this on my body because it feels a little too concentrated for my taste, but I love it for my brushes, and for my countertop as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by rebslo

A great bath and shower gel that I will use over and over. Dilute as it is very concentrated. Use a drop at a time and it will last forever. It is more expensive than "regular" soaps? Perhaps, but if you add water it comes out to be cheaper because you use so little of the product. Smells wonderful in the bath without being overpowering. Is the label ranting crazy? Yes! But it gives you something to read in the bath. Was Dr. B nuts? Yup! But he makes the best soap ever. I am a convert!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*changing my rating from 5 to a 3 because I can't stand the lavender scent anymore; the smell lingers on my dry brushes. Also, I have been having trouble getting dry foundation off my brushes lately, even after several washes in a row.

original review:
I dunno how i lived without this stuff! It makes cleaning my makeup brushes such a breeze! Before Iwould rinse and rinse and would still have bits of foundation stuck between bristles, but this stuff gets pretty much everything out. It's also super cheap considering I only use a drop or two per brush. I've been using a big bottle for the past 4 months and I'm not even close to being 1/4 of the way done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I have been using this for a few months now for cleaning my makeup brushes, Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge (the Beauty Blender dupe; also known as the SK peep) and face towels and it is simply fantastic. Compared to other cleansers, it does the best job at cleaning my SK peep. Other than that, it removes every last trace of makeup, even very stubborn cremes, liquids and waterproof stuff but doesn't dry out the bristles. I have used the peppermint version of this soap but I find that this builds up a better lather, cleans more thoroughly and doesn't require as much with each use. Some balk at the price but I think it's quite reasonable considering how much product you are getting. I have tried using it to clean my face but it tends to make my skin feel tight and I have better products for face cleansing. Packaging-wise - I wish it came with a pump as it is a big bottle and pouring it out is a bit of a pain. I do have the trial-size bottle which is what I use full time and refill when it gets low. But I give it a good 5 stars because I really, really love using it to clean my tools.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I use this to take my make-up off before using my regular cleanser, as well as to clean my brushes. It's fabulous. It takes absolutely everything off of my skin and leaves no residue behind. I can see how it would be drying for some people as my pores feel tighter than usual after I use it, but I haven't had a problem with it. Also, I have acne, and I have noticed that my skin is much clearer since I started using it (I am assuming that this is because it takes my make-up off better than anything else I've tried, so my cleanser can actually reach my skin and do its job). The fact that it's vegan on top of everything else makes it an HG product for me. I will buy this again and again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I use it for washing my face at the day I don't put any makeup on..
and for washing my makeup brushes... so versatile
very natural and clean perfectly .. but not dry out at the same time
i love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay castile soap, but I won't buy it again because of the packaging. I can find soaps as good or better than this one packaged with useful product information, not lunatic religious rants.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews here, I snagged a sample of this at Target. The smell is great and while I balk at the idea of spending the $10 on a full-size one, a little does go a long way. I've been using it for about a week now and have not experienced any residue, sensitive skin or break-outs. In fact, I'm on my period now and while I usually have hormonal breakouts during this time, I haven't had any now and I am wondering if it is because I'm using this to wash my face. I recommend that everyone gives this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

There isn't a lot to say that hasn't already been said. I've gone through 3 16oz. bottles of this already. The lavender scent is calming, light and not at all synthetic. The formula is non-drying and lathers nicely. I've even used this stuff as a shampoo a couple times when my hair was feeling especially scuzzy. its good, period.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by grlNext2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this soap after reading the list of ingredients. But it was not to be - it left my skin feeling excessively dry and it left an unpleasant buildup of soap scum in my sink and shower. It even clogged in my hand soap dispenser! Hate the stuff and poured it down the sink and recycled the bottle.