Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin type: sensitive/prone to redness and dry. My routine: clarisonic twice daily, c booth tea tree toner, first aid beauty ultra repair cream. Worked the soy cleanser in with my routine and noticed that by the afternoon, my face is extremely oily. The only part of my routine that has changed is the cleanser so I believe that it has turned my normally dry skin into an oil field. I love the smell and that a little goes a long way, but that is not enough for me to spend the money on this cleanser. Still looking for HG cleanser.

on 2/17/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells lovely, doesn't strip my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth and feels balanced. No added fragrance or parabens. However it does only an OK job at removing my bare Minerals and waaay too pricey for the job.

on 2/10/2014 4:22:00 PM

I got a sample of this product when I was at Sephora because I wanted to try higher end makeup removers. I wanted to get into a better skin care routine and this seemed like a great product based on the reviews on MUA. I thought the sample was amazing and absolutely loved the way that it cleaned my skin and took off my makeup. I decided to buy the bigger size version as it was a better value for money. I have been using it for a couple of months and I feel like the actual product in the tube wasn't as good as the sample that I got from Sephora. It doesn't do that great a job of taking of my foundation and I have to cleanse my skin at least twice. Even after that I take a makeup towelette to get off any residue and it still picks up remnants of foundation which is not acceptable for a product with this price tag. It is terrible at removing eye makeup and I have to use an eye makeup remover even though this is meant to be able to remove all makeup. This was definitely a regret for me and don't recommend it to anyone as a makeup remover.

on 2/1/2014 2:50:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. I've ran out of it (each tube lasts me about 6 months, using twice daily) and strayed to other less expensive cleansers but after my skin freaking out, I always come back and my skin clears up within a week of using again. I'm convinced I won't try anything else ever after testing other cleansers three times and having the same reactions each time. I'm mid thirties, sensitive, normal-dry skin for reference.

on 1/30/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this cleanser. Very gentle, yet cleans well. I wear very little makeup ( no foundation, just blush and sunscreen) and my skin feels very clean after I use it. It does not clean mascara and concealer, so I use a separate eye cleanser (Clinique). I will keep buying this cleanser.

on 1/28/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this cleanser. However, it's extremely overpriced. I was lucky enough to get a value set during the holidays which included a Fresh lip balm and smaller size of the cleanser to sample for about $25. It smells like cucumbers and makes my skin soft but definitely isn't worth the usual price tag of $38. It's a gel cleanser that cleans my face without stripping it dry. I get the same results from my Boscia purifying gel cleanser which is almost half the price. Probably would not repurchase due to its exorbitant price.

EDIT: I discovered that I can get this cleanser for way less on Amazon and eBay. Therefore, I would repurchase. I find the Boscia cleanser that I mentioned above just a tad bit drying in the winter.

on 1/12/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice cleanser. Gentle on skin but melted away my foundation very easily. It's marked as safe for eyes, and I did use it remove my mascara but that stayed behind. But holy cow, this is expensive! Fresh products generally are----I know, I have a bottle do Sake bath(love this!). My HG cleanser is the Olay Daily Facials, lather up, use, trash. That does remove eye makeup including mascara. I'm glad I got a small size to try this because it is nice. But I will go back to my trusty ODF.

on 12/27/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After trying different cleansers here and there, I always go back to this one. It's refreshing, doesn't dry out my skin, and is surprisingly effective at removing makeup. It smells a little like edamame but is very light - I've actually grown to like it. A little goes a long way. My skin loves this!

on 12/24/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is gentle and didn't cause irritation or breakouts. However, it doesn't clean my face well at the end of the day, even when I'm not wearing makeup. I need to wash my face three times with this, which defeats the purpose of buying a $38 cleanser. If you're going high-end, other brands offer better cleansers for less.

on 12/6/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got the little deluxe sample size at the Sephora checkout line just to see why this seemed to be so popular. I have very sensitive skin and about 98% of the skincare products at Sephora are total no-goes for me, but this had a decent ingredient list. It was very gentle on my skin, lightly foamed, and I only needed about a pea size amount for my entire face. It seemed to rinse off clean but did not strip my skin at all. I also really enjoyed the scent and velvety feel to it.

What I didn't like:
This product claims to be both a cleanser AND makeup remover, but I have to say it was a complete fail in removing even light, non-waterproof eye makeup. I don't use eye primer and usually only one or two shadows at a time, but I would still find sparkles and even clearly some eyeshadow left after two cleanses. Non-wp mascara was also left behind in the form of raccoon eyes. My $5 Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing wash, however, removes all of my makeup in one go with nothing left behind. If you can afford the full size of this and love it, that's awesome, but it didn't work for me and there are much better, cheaper alternatives that work in all aspects.