October 1, 2014 | 1599 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got a generous sample tube of this with my Sephora bonus points, and I'm glad I did. I liked it very much in terms of its gel-creme consistency, the gentleness & thorough cleansing. However, I didn't care for the rose scent much (especially for a product used for removing eye makeup) and it's just way overpriced to purchase. I'll stick with my CeraVe foaming cleanser, but I'm glad I got a chance to try this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am 57 with fairly good skin, but am aging. I got this with a purchase of a Mia, and have to say I love it! No irritation, love the cucumber smell. Doesn't hurt my eyes. I was using Purity, but that started to irritate my skin. For years I used the Murad Resurgence cleanser, and that is still a go to. As for the dispenser, I'd rather see it in a pump. But as it isn't I'm very careful to tilt the tube upwards so that not so much comes out at once. Its not meant to "foam" and that is not an issue for me. Just use it with Mia or Clarisonic and I'm happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank little baby Jesus for this cleanser! It's my absolute favorite. My skin is typically very dry and I wear a full face of makeup every day for work. Regardless of whatever cleanser I use, I always swipe my face with a makeup removing wipe first--just to get off the first layer, so I'm not pushing tons of makeup deep into my pores. Most cleansers then will either take off the rest of my makeup but also leave me feeling dehydrated and tight, or they're faaaaaar too gentle and barely finish taking off my makeup, let alone truly cleanse. The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, however, gives me a nice deeply cleansed feeling without any discomfort. It even melts down my mascara without any lash fallout. The scent is pretty strong, but if you don't mind the smell of cucumbers, then you probably won't mind this! Only one lippie off on the quality of packaging because I always try to use a small amount and even with just slight pressure it spits out an excessive amount of product. Regardless, I love it! It's pricey but worth it to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by materialface

some people really love and rave about this facial cleanser, so I purchased this last year. I finished this quite quickly. Within 2 months i would say, which is not long compared to my other face washes. It doesn't lather as much as i would like it to, and I also think it is TOO gentle and I have sensitive skin. I do think that it improved the texture of my skin in becoming smoother.

The price is very steep, but I really wanted to give it a go. Sephora sells a smaller size for $17 CAD as opposed to the original size for about $42 CAD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This cleanser is really nice. It's gentle like its says, and leaves my face clean. It also takes my makeup right off, even mascara. Pricey though!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by fassbendergal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but it made me break out all over my forehead. This cleanser claims to be gentle but I highly doubt it... it has some nice ingredients but also a lot of nasty ones. My drugstore cleanser works better on my sensitive skin. I'm just glad I bought the small size.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have pale, sensitive, combination (dry cheeks, oily chin and nose) skin. This works pretty well for me. It's not only not irritating, but I can actually feel it calm my skin. The scent is raw cut cucumber, which may put some people off (because it's not a traditional "clean" or "sweet" scent), but I actually like it. It has a similar consistency to Cetaphil, but without all of the irritating SLS. I also notice that I haven't gotten any large pimples since I started using this. I get a few (1-3) tiny, pin-prick sized pimples near my period, but that's pretty much it. It's not drying, but I still need a moisturizer after. The only "downside" is that it only partially removes makeup, HOWEVER, I'd rather take the extra step than have a cleanser that's too harsh. Overall, I'd say it's my HG.

Update: This slowly irritated and dried out my skin. I prefer First Aid Beaut's cleanser at half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I really liked this product. I liked that it foamed up a little bit, (whereas Cetaphil doesn't foam up at all). And I love the soft residue it leaves on my face. It makes my face feel softer and cleaner after using just a dime sized drop. HOWEVER, upon looking this product up at EWG, there are TONS of really BAD ingredients in here including all sorts of paraben and BHA. It's rated a 8/10 for dangerousness. Though I don't get negative skin reactions from these ingredients, I would prefer to stay away from using those ingredients on my face on a daily basis, especially if it costs an arm and a leg for this product. Will definitely not be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MsJ2u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for a week now. Overall, I think it's a pretty nice, natural, gentle cleanser. I have very sensitive skin as well as an monthly acne flare ups. This cleanser is not a "treatment" cleanser. However, it has not aggravated my acne as some cleansers can do. It is a bit on the pricey side but so far so good...I may possibly repurchase but will definitely have to think more about it as $38 is a bit much for a cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

boo. i think fresh is way overrated + overpriced. 2 stars for not giving my sensitive skin a reaction, but besides that, it makes my skin feel tight. light scent.