September 23, 2014 | 1083 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser for someone who is dealing with a bit of acne and wants some anti-aging benefits, as well. I'm in my late twenties, and I'm loving this. I have gone through a couple of tubes of it and switched to a more basic cleanser (CeraVe) thinking my skin got used to it and was breaking out again. I think it was my birth control pills and not this cleanser. I have gone back to this cleanser and I am so happy I did! Best cheap cleanser out there for someone like me (acne control plus anti-aging benefits). The salicylic acid definitely helps. I like the slight exfoliation. The scent is very subdued and clean. My skin feels clean and makeup is gone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Target for $7. I generally tend to love Olay products & trust the brand. So far, this cleanser is not an exception.

A little goes a long way. You may not be able to lather this cleanser, but it does have smooth little microbeads for exfoliation & a deep cleanse. I dreaded yet expected it to be greasy on my skin, & that it'd leave an oily film residue. It didn't though! My skin felt really clean, didn't burn (I have really sensitive skin), & all traces of make up were washed away without leaving me with skin that felt tight.

The only con I can think of is it's a cream base. Thus you REALLY have to make sure you wash it off all the way. Although I would prefer a cleanser that I can lather, I'm willing to overlook this flaw.

This is the best cleanser I've found so far, perhaps even an HG. Great ingredients & quality for a low price? I'm sold. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by tickypost1

I bought this cleanser based on the ratings here, its been a few days so far I like it , ill update.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by saphire82

I bought this product on a whim while waiting for my Olay sensitive skin foaming cleanser to arrive from the states. I didn't know I would end up preferring this one instead. I love the way it feels while washing your skin, and it does not leave a residue at all. I feel like it loosens the little bumps around my face, just have to make sure you massage for a good while. My skin doesnt feel dry at all either, so I'm not rushing of out the shower to put moisturizer on. With the sensitive skin foaming cleanser I had to use a washcloth to feel exfoliated, but with this I don't feel the need for anything really. It doesn't super exfoliate but its just right for everyday cleansing. I have very sensitive skin and it doesnt irritate it one bit.

BTW I'm reviewing the middle east version of this product which is called Olay total effects anti-ageing face wash, or age defying face wash. I verified the ingredients were all the same, although with mine theres just a few extra ones at the end of the list.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a year or so & it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but a decent cleanser. I don't have many lines/wrinkles to begin with, so I can't really speak to whether it helps with those. My acne issues primarily involve blackheads. While this didn't cause me to break out or cause any other skin irritation, I can't say that I really saw any difference in the blackheads either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to give this product 3 lippies, but I keep buying it, so I guess that means I like it. This is a good cleanser for those whose skin is maturing, but are still fighting blemishes, and blackheads. I'm starting to believe that all of us get blackheads and blemishes. I don't believe I get, or have to many. I'm pretty sure that I'm just hypercritical of my skin, and I rarely notice other's skin, unless it is really bad. What I don't like about this cleanser is the odd grainy texture. It feels like a generic B.P. cream. It's not uniform grainy, either. It's odd. and different size and shape, grainy. It's still a good cleanser. If you like your cleanser to lather, then this isn't for you. I use Retin-A (yes, I know I'm not supposed to use this type of product, but I've been using Retin A for almost 30 years, so I can use this type of now) and this cleanser has a slight sting on my skin, but it's not an uncomfortable sting. I turn on the Clarisonic, and get down to business. It leaves my skin clean, and still soft. I normally only use this cleanser when skin is feeling a bit oily. I like to alternate between this, and two L'Oreal cleansers. It takes me a good 6 months to go through this cleanser because I don't use it every day. I use it once a week, or when my skin wants to act up. I will probably continue to repurchase until that 'perfect' cleanser comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sixpence1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my HG cleanser. I have oily, but dehydrated skin from living in a dry climate. Foaming cleansers always leave my skin tight and parched. Leave-on BHA treatments tend to irritate my skin. This cleanser is perfect for keeping my pores clearer (not perfectly...haven't found that yet) while keeping my skin hydrated. I don't have bad acne, just some blackheads and the occasional hormonal breakout. I enjoy the fragrance and it isn't as strong smelling as the other Total Effects cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, I love how creamy it is and with the blemish fighting ingredients it has kept my acne down better then the clinique mild soap. I love that it has also made my pores appear smaller and my skin tone is more even. Its isn't that expensive at $8 dollars considering I was shelling out $15 for clinique and not getting the same results. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by mu4me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really impresed with this cleanser I tried everything out there for my adult acne. This stuff really clears my forehead and chin I get cystic pimples and this really helps I recommend this to everyone will buy again for sure. I learned that you don't have to buy expensive cleanser to get same results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I guess since I am on my 3rd tube of this I must like it. I have not had much luck with Olay products lately but this one is an exception, I really like it. I use this at night (in the morning I use Beauticontrol Foam Cleanser). I think it might be the salycic acid in it that I like. I suffer from mild acne and weird bumps on my chin, now my lil bumps have not gone totally away but this helps keep them at bay and helps keep the acne away from my chin and the rest of my skin. My pores appear smaller and my skin just seems clearer. I can't say it has done wonders for me but I find that I keep buying it because when I run out, I totally can tell.