Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its official I'm a convert. I have finallyy bought into the MMU craze; I've been a strong believer in liquid/cream only foundations for 10 yrs now. It wasn't until recently, when I met a friend with flawless skin (who was covered with problematic scars just a few months back) was I introduced to EDM. I immediately asked her about the new cleanser/acne tx/concealer she was using. She said nothing had changed & she was still suffering from the hyperpigmentation & acne breakouts, but ofcourse I didn't believe her. I spent the entiree day envying her 'secret' that she wasn't sharing, & kept staring at her in different lights (at the mall) for 7 hrs we spent together. Nothing budged & it always looked natural. What sold me was when she washed her face & I saw the coverage it provided myself. I was shocked & started checking out EDM from my phone & placed my samples (7 total) for $3 only. I got my packaged in about 4 days with .0005 oz each in separate resealable plastics.

Over time I tried many brushes/sponges to apply each shade on half my face & test out indoor/outdoor lighting. I ordered about an even number in the IT, Matte & Semi-Matte bases (Glo was being d/c & Jojoba bases hadn't released yet). I found the first two way too matte, made my skin look flat & dull. The SM indoors had the most beautiful healthy looking glow, that I was smiling to myself in the mirror! It was as if I had applied my highlight to the high points on my face already!!! I'm usually not a fan of sparkle/shimmer in ANY of my MU & I did carefully inspect the SM in outdoor lights & saw micro specks of crystals dusted in the shade, I still didn't back out because the application melted these particles into my skin, leaving behind a glowy SHEEN. Its just breathtaking to see how much this covered, all the redness, pores, scars were gone. I found the E.L.F. flat top to be the best brush to stipple then buff out with. The Sigma F80/F82 picked up too much product & the SK stippling brush, too little. The beauty blender also drank up the mineral, leaving nothing on my face. This is the only time my skin has looked this NATURAL with this much coverage in ONE step.

For reference, I ordered-Winged Butter (MB), Golden Medium (IT), Light Olive (SM), Light-Medium (SM), Light (MB), Light Medium (IT). Its hard to describe how/what was different/wrong with each shade that I didn't end up choosing because there all veryy close to one another, so there's alot of leeway. But I did find the olive/golden shades to have a lot of green peeking through. I settled with Light SM for my NC20-25, yellow skin. Its a hair too light for my liking (if I don't dust my acne clear forehead & just do the rest of my face there IS a notable color difference) but the next shade up-Light Medium which would have been ideal; surprisinlgy didn't give enough coverage. Idk if this was an issue for others, but it was for me. I tried 3 different times, immediatly after trying the Light shade & noticed it. For the summer I real need my exacttt if not a hair darker shade but it doesn't seem to exist in my undertone.

I'm still highly impressed, the full size has .17 oz in a sifter (thin) jar for $13. I'm taking 1 point off because they don't have samples for concealers/blushes & because I didn't find my perfect shade & becuase they don't custom mix shades to fix this issue. That's right 1 pt off for 3 dislikes because its still that good!

Eyes: Violet

I tried many many mineral makeups since the whole fad started 10 years ago and I have to agree with some of the negative reviews. Semi-mate foundation is cakey, powdery, It accentuates all the flaws as wrinkes, dry patches etc. Yet its very very drying. It made my skin so dehydrated! I looked older with this makeup on than without. Carina recently started adding lauroyl lysine into the orignal formula and it causes me to get itchy. I believe it's a coconut derivative. So for those who are sensitive to nuts this is going to cause you to do some itchy and scratchy show. I love their concealer but their foundations do not last, they change color, no coverage, become muddy and runny, drying, and just does not look natural and smooth like other mineral makeup. My pores looked huge. It accentuated everything - every crust, every dry skin, every flakiness. The worst part is it looks thick and crusty without covering any imperfection. The skin below my eyes just look hideous when I sweep this mineral across my eyes. The lightest color turn muddy on me. IT doesn' stay fresh and youthful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This just doesnt have enough coverage for me. I love the finish and how it isnt cakey. I just wish it had more coverage and the intensive was discontinued which what was my favorite from them

EDM was my fisrt MMU I've tried. If I wouldn't checked for another brands, definetely I would stay dissappointed from mineral makeup. Semi-mate foundation is cakey, powdery, hardly blendable, requires a lot of time and efforts to set it up. It accentuates all the flaws as wrinkes, dry patches etc. Yet its very very drying. It made my skin so dehydrated! Then I had a sample sunlight color corrector, which I liked very much for it's coverage of dark undereye circles and shimmery effect but when I ordered afull jar I recieved absolutely different product which didn't have anything in common with the previous product. The corrector in sample jar was chicken yellow color with lots of tiny sparkles and full jar which i recived contained dirty yellow powder, completely matte and applied to my undereye zones made my look tired and older. I am completely dissappointed with this brand. The customer sevice is quite unattentive, you don't get the warmth and attention you get from small family companies. Since I tried another brands I discovered that mineral makeup can be good, cheap and various. Compare EDM with other brands and you'll see how overpriced they are, not worth of those cheap ingridients. There are much more nice foundations with such ingridients as borone nitride, serecite, allontoin, which makes your skin look smother and not drying it out.

At the time I loved this foundation. This was the first mineral make up I tried. It gave great coverage and a nice finish. The containers are a nice size, big enough to swirl your brush.

Unfortunately the price become not worth it, especially after finding other mineral foundations that did just a good job if not better for a fraction of the cost. Love the product but not the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, how I love, love, love this foundation... I had been using the Intensive formula, and I was very sad to see that EM decided to discontinue it. I ordered a semi matte, and I found it to be far superior to the Intense base. I literally can't rub this foundation from my face, I tested it. And wait, I will go now and test it again after an hour of putting it on my face... goes to the mirror, rubs her face... and yes, it is still perfect, and I can't rub it off. (Well, I could rub it of, if I would rub very hard, but I won't.)
I am always in the need for a good foundation, my skin is very far from perfect, and THIS is it. The Good Foundation. The best. I will never be without this.
I use it with EM's flat top kabuki, over Skin79's pink BB cream and Laura Mercier's Camouflage. Perfect. Fair is a perfect color match for my ridiculously fair skin. EM, please never discontinue this product.

Oily and combination skinned girls, try this, you won't be disappointed. This is one of the products from all the things I have ever tried, that I can really wholeheartedly recommend. Try it. Cheap. Good. Lasts a long time. Good range of colors. Try it, try it.

Oh, and I forgot to say, that I find it far more mattifying than even Mac's Prep and Prime or Kryolan's Anti-shine.

I started using PurMinerals two months ago, which is in a pressed form. I really like it but it is way too expensive at $26. I wanted to try EDM since its really cheap compared to other mineral makeup brands out there. I ordered some samples to find my shade. And boy I wish I'd never put it on my face! I have normal-dry skin, but not sensitive. I can try on many things and still not have a reaction. Imagine my surprise when I started breaking out a day after I started using the samples. I still wanted to give it a try, so I continued it for a few more days, only to make things worse. I've stopped it now, but the red bumps and half formed zits are yet to go away. I think I'll stick with PurMinerals.

I love this foundation, especially this finish as it gives the perfect natural look. The only problem I have with this foundation is that multiple colors match my skin tone when I buff it out all over my face, lol, it's only a miniscule difference in a slight yellow or darker tone. I guess it's a good thing, but I always have trouble trying to decide which color to use so I have a few shades. I started with their samples, make sure you get samples as a color you thought would work might not turn out to work. Love how cheap shipping is too and I normally don't like to pay shipping for online orders.

Great everyday powder. Super affordable, non-irritating to my skin, very natural finish. Awesome selection of shades - was so happy to have found a perfect match to my light, asian skin tone. Too many other attempts at trying to find a good powder resulted in powders that made me look sallow, ghostly pale, or ruddy. Will repurchase forever! And again, I have to mention the price - $12 for 17 oz.!!! This lasts me at least three months with everyday use. HG!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hooray!

I used Revlon Colorstay for years. I needed the heavy coverage due to acne, although since it clogged my pores it was always a vicious cycle. Finally at age 40 my acne has calmed down and my combination skin is drier. I need less intensive coverage, something to even out my reddish, sunspotted skin tone and to cover remaining dark spots.

I wanted to try mineral makeup again because of the fast application but after a shiny,orange, and horribly itchy experience with Bare Minerals I was leery. I did my research on MUA and decided on Meow Cosmetics and Everday Minerals. I didn't like the Meow foundation because it was too dry (the blushes are great though).

I tried the EDM semi-matte base in many different shades and found a perfect match in Linen (for ref I am NW15, Revlon Buff). The coverage is buildable and, combined with the multi-tasking concealer, covers difficult spots without getting cakey. I set it with a spritz of water and pat away the dry skin patches. It does not settle in my lines. This is not an oil-control powder, though. They may offer that in another product but I prefer to just blot midday. My t-zone gets shiny but the makeup does not slide around. I have fallen asleep in it a few times and it has not broken me out. No itchies. I apply with the flat top brush and use the eye kabuki to apply and blend concelaer. I love these brushes.

The price is very reasonable ($12 for a big jar) and shipping is quick. Great stuff and I will continue to use it.