November 26, 2014 | 1818 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Linhiepoo

this doesnt really do much for me
i sometimes forget to use it, but whether i remember or forget, i really dont notice a difference at all =/
my face still gets pretty oily by night time with or without the finishing dust & my makeup usually doesnt budge either so i really dont even know why i bother putting it on sometimes =/

wish i got a blush instead xD

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by InColor

This product leaves a white cast and the feel of my face is grainy once applied. I'm currently combating flaky skin due to dry winter conditions and once I apply this, it only accentuates the look of flaky skin. In terms of absorbing oil however is not bad,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I got this as part of my set to set my foundation. Honestly, it did nothing for me. So I just kind of stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like it! It is very very fine and doesn't add any color to my skin, but sets the foundation very well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

to me it's just mediocre. it minimizes pores for one or two hours and that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kittybella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in sunlight which is a light yellow based powder much better for me than the original which made me look pink. I do think this powder works very well for minimizing pores, and have used it over ( and under to make a smoother look ) pressed powder to lessen the cakiness that a pressed powder develops the more you apply. It works very well with the laura mercier tm in nude (in my opinion). Rather than use a big fluffy brush I use a puff and press it in my skin...you do have to be careful tho to exfoliate before hand , otherwise it will make flakeys noticeable...however, blotting it in the skin is what makes the pores almost vanish. It's not the best for oil control, but I am oily no matter what powder I use. It does take a lot tho for this powder to look cakey, so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the Sunlight Finishing Dust. I LOVE IT.

I used BE Mineral Veil before trying this product. And I really do love it and find that it works just as well or better than the Mineral Veil. The dust is very finely milled and it doesn't take much to work. One of the better benefits is that this shade of the Finishing Dust is more forgiving [so I'm told] than the regular finishing dust and it doesn't turn my face chalky or anything. Yet it is very translucent.

It is a vital part of my makeup routine and I feel it helps with oil-control. If you do not have issues with corn starch I highly recommend this product. I tried the Silk Dust and I found that it emphasized my pores, where this powder did not. It is soft and cool to the touch.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by LAMaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This finishing dust really doesn't do anything for me. It's a very fine powder that easily turns into a cloud of dust if you're not careful. It doesn't control shine for very long and it doesn't minimize my pores. I was hoping it would do those things plus "set" my makeup but it really doesn't do that either. Of course I do live in the south so I'm not sure if anything really helps keeping your makeup intact down here. :) I think I will try another finishing powder because I really do love EDM!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oddly, this powder doesn't seem to do anything at all, which I find quite strange. It doesn't mattify at all, doesn't minimize the appearance of my pores, doesn't add coverage.....It's like putting air on your face, which feels nice, but serves no purpose at all. I give it a 2 because it doesn't break me out and doesn't oxidize.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really finely milled powder did absolutely nothing about controlling the shine on my face. I had rather hoped it would keep me from getting shiney, but no. I had hoped it would make my makeup look better, but no. I had hoped it would do something, but no. I'm glad I only got a small size, since it didn't seem to have much effect at all. I'm hoping the start-to-finish powder does better for me. The is one of the few EM products I just really did not like.