October 23, 2014 | 952 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bluff Dust

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by mcr29

My skin has a pink tone to it and a dusting of this powder on top of foundation gives it an even polished look, although I use a fluffy powder brush and not the applicater pouf.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by jmthoreson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have yellow undertones to my skin, so I am constantly having problems matching my facial color to my neck. It seems that no matter what products I use my face always looks pink when compared to the rest of my body. I read the reviews on here and went out and bought this powder to help make my face more yellow, so it would match my skin tone. It real did a wonderful job with that. I use it lightly all over my face (making sure to blend it in very well) and it seems to blend seamlessly into my neck. The powder also gives my light/medium skin a nice glow, like an airbrushed look. I would not recommend to use this powder without your regular powder over the top, because it does not set your makeup, and does not control oil. I put bluff dust powder on, blend it in, then put my regular powder on top, and 'buff' my face for about 30 seconds to get the perfect natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally ran out of Revlon's New Complexion pressed powder in Even Out and I can't find it here in Canada.

Enter Benefit's Bluff powder. I love the Even Out yellow powders but a word of caution, here's what they don't do:

They won't offer great coverage.
They won't do a great mattifying job.
They don't really work as a setting powder.

There are other powders and colors on the market for that. But if you have uneven skin tone on the normal or dry side and otherwise pretty good skin, this can be a great natural look. It isn't chalky on fair skin and it won't look yellow if you apply it with a light touch. Light touch is the trick. Don't try to make it give you a full coverage job. I use a big powder brush, tap off the excess, sweep it over my face and then use the Benefit Bluff Brush (little round brush, so useful) to sort of lightly rotar it in all over. I have dry skin so I apply moisurizer with sunscreen first and wait a few minutes for it to sink in. It evens out my complexion and gives it a subtle glow. I have fair skin, freckles and pink undertones but white, white cheeks. This stuff really polishes nature. I do have to use concealer around the nose area but that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by featheredgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out at Sephora recenly. This cancels out the redness in my freckled skin (without blotting out my freckles like foundation does). It was extremely long-lasting and did not look chalky. I don't think I like the brush they sell along with this - it worked well but the brisles didn't feel like they were great quality. I might buy this next time I'm in Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shrimpchips

i absolutely LOVE this. the bluffdust is a yellow concealing powder (similar to BeneFit's you're bluffing, which is in stick form) that conceals redness. i don't wear foundation b/c my skin isn't terrible, but i do tend to get redness in my cheeks (mostly along my nose) & sometimes on my forehead. bluffdust is my answer to this problem! it conceals the redness pretty well (even my sunburn that i got on my face - it also does a great job at toning down the redness from blemishes) and you can layer it on for more coverage. it isn't cakey and doesn't accentuate any flakiness in my skin - and it's very easy to blend! i also noticed that this "yellow" powder made my skin look more refreshed. the packaging is cute IMO - it comes in a sifter jar with a velour puff (14g) and i have no problem getting the product out, just shake the jar a little and you're good to go.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by terryanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product, but note its full name is BluffDust Redness Concealing Powder. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't need to correct redness (for any reason) on their face and/or neck.
The packaging is a small round container with a lame puff, but it is OK as those things they throw in go.
The application is the important thing. The powder is YELLOW, and that is what corrects the red. I apply this with a good powder brush - lightly - and more important - evenly - and voila, the red is not visible.
Recommend you touch up any particular blemishes that are redder with BeneFit You're Bluffing stick first so the powder will finish and hold all the corrections.
I also do not use this when my skin is not ruddy. It is not an everyday, forever, for every occasion powder.
Me: 55 now, fair european sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder. It helps me cancel out any redness on my upper cheeks and the tip of my nose. Application technique and the propper appliance is everyting. I only apply it over the redness with a small blush or fan brush. I have medium dark beige to light tan skin and this powder does not make me look yellow. I suppose, women with very fair skin can have a problem with the yellow, if they apply it too thickly. I would also NOT recommend this as setting or oil control powder. It's meant to help tone down any surface redness. If needed, I use a regular powder (matching my foundation or skin tone) over the Bluff Dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nycl17

wow. i disagree w/ most of the reviewers. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. my nose and cheeks are always reddish, and this works perfectly. maybe its turning out bad because u didnt buy the bluff brush. w/ the bluff brush (looks like a mini kabuki) it goes on silky and smooth. lovvvvvve it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:39:00 AM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

didnt like this product, was very expensive for what it was. the yellow colour did nothing for my complexion, and the powder didnt control shinyness at all, within an hour of applying my skin was shiny again! the only good thing was the packaging, as just the right amount of powder was dispensed! wouldnt recommend at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kandcats

Hated this. I really wanted to like it. I have some redder areas, nothing too dramatic so I was hoping this would help with toning it down. Nope. Did nothing. There are other powders I like better for blotting oil and that was about all this did for me.