October 22, 2014 | 1767 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

yes yes yes - AMAZING stuff, before this my nails would peel from one side to the other or flake at the tips and they would never grow due to this, at some points i could even completely bend them down but this stuff has worked wonders!!!!! i have not had my nails this long for years and i think thats because not that it makes them grow but it makes them strong enough so they get a decent chance to grow!!!! this stuff comes with all kinds of warnings due to the formaldahyde (sp) but i have tried a few different ways. it states like twice a week then only ever other week but at first i did every night on the tip then on the whole nail and now i have calmed down now that they are at a level of strength im happy with but every now and again i will apply a coat all over let it soak in then apply another and thats it for the week! this is a def HG item and ignore the price because this stuff will last soooooooo long its unreal i have had mine 4 months and havnt even dented the amount!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works too well. It definitely hardens the nails but it does so in a way that I think actually changes the chemical compostion of the nails -- they end up as hard as concrete and you can really hurt yourself if your fingers get caught in something. So I use it sparingly.

I also wish the bottle wasn't so tiny, and had more stability. Brush is difficult to work with too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by esmdur

This has most definitely improved my brittle nails. Before, my nails would split at the top, and before they would get to a certain length, the nail polish would just chip because the top lawyer was always missing. After a few weeks of use, I clearly have harder, longer nails. They are the longest they have ever been without splitting at the ends! And they look healthy (I also use cuticle oil). Every time I do my nails, I brush the tips of my nails, then, as they are drying, I put cuticle oil on and massage. I then wash my nails and apply two new coats of nail hardener before I coat my nails with OPI's CHIP SKIP, two coats of nail polish, and finish off with top coat. My nails look great, and I get plenty of compliments everyday! For my hands, I use olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by uprolazu

Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by poburt

A product that really works!! I had acrylic nails for 15 years and tried many times to take them off and let my nails grow. My nails were so thin, just peeled and they looked awful. I was so embarrassed that I would give up and go back to the acyrlics. After reading the reviews I gave Mavala a shot, it's like a miracle!! I applied it every day and started to see the difference within a week or so. After 4 weeks of faithful use: I had nails, they are strong, no peeling & splitting!!
I'm thrilled to have natural nails that look nice, I would highly recommend Mavala

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This has been an absolute lifesaver for me. I have had thin, peeling, wimpy nails for most of my life and no amount of Sally Hansen Miracle Cure/Hard as Nails, etc. etc. could save them. Enter Mavala--my nails are in better condition than I can EVER remember! The product itself comes in a tiny .16 fl. oz bottle with a red cap and a nail polish brush type applicator. It is a blue-tinted liquid that is transparent on the nail and users are instructed to apply it only to the tips of the nails once or twice a week, so this tiny bottle will last you years. I have been using mine regularly (way more than twice a week) for the past five months and I have barely made a dent in it. I do a quick swipe across the free edge of the nail as if I were doing a really messy french tip and then i use the brush to dab a little bit on the underside of the free edge of my nail.

The product sinks in and dries quickly and does not leave a sheen or film on your nail at all, so it's much less time consuming than traditional nail polish type treatments. I have not tried this *over* nail polish, only on bare nails.

All in all if you have problem nails, you NEED this! I imagine this would be excellent for those recovering from acrylics as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kimz

I bought this afer reading the excellent reviews on and I must say I love it so far. I noticed a difference right away. I have tried every thing on the market for my soft weak nails and this takes the cake plus I love how it penetrates unlike most kinds you have to apply for several day like nail polish and then remove and start over. Two thumbs up! I can't wait to have long nails again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had thin, peeling, broken nails forever. No other hardeners, vitamins...etc....ever made a real difference.

Then I found this product.
Hallelujah!! It's unbelievable. My nails have never felt so hard on their own. I'm loving it. I've only been using it for about a week, but already my nails are able to be shaped and are not breaking constantly.

I'm aware of some of the other comments regarding the nails becoming dry. I've been careful to only put on the tips of my nails and to use a cuticle oil on my cuticles and nails daily. So far no signs of dryness. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I still can't get over how amazing this stuff is. I obviously got it based on the reviews from everyone here. Before using this I had weak, paper-like nails that would get to a really nice length then decide to all break at the same time. When I first put this on I was shocked to notice an instant change in my nails. Suddenly they were a lot harder. I've been using it every few days and I haven't had a breaking nail since. I'm recommending this to all my friends. I'm just so glad that i've found something that is fixing a problem I have had with my nails for years. I have wanted beautiful nails for years and now I can grow them and shape them as I want :')

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tornadogirl

I have terribly damaged nails from my ongoing use of fake nails... my natural nails have always been soft and have peeled very easily so I thought that I would give this a try. So far so good....I have definitely noticed my nails getting harder as well they are splitting and peeling far less. Will update once I have used this for a full month. Oh ya, for all the people in Canada looking to buy this, I found Mavala product at London Drugs.