April 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hamiltontnkgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is hands (nails?) down my favourite dark polish. I always found that black washed out my hands and made me look pasty. A coworker of mine that also wears reds and dark colours bought this one for me for my birthday and it has been a staple since. Need to obtain the Matte version at some point. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this color. The darkest I usually wear as far as nail polishes go, are dark burgandy colors. My HG got discontinued, so I was looking for something close to that color. This isn't exactly it, but it's similar with few differences. From reading some of the other reviews, I was worried this was going to come out looking black on my nails (which is something I don't want). Actually, this didn't look black on me at all. I could distinctly tell the clear difference that this was a dark purple, NOT black. Which all in all, is what I was going for. I only needed 2 coats for this to become true to the color in the bottle. This also left my nails shiny & glossy without using a top coat. This color is more of a fall/winter color. But, I like it so much that I might use it again in the summer. Overall, great color & I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's the perfect dark for me. I love that dark aubergine colour that's almost black. I've never attempted to apply this polish on my own. Like other dark colours, I will only get it done in the salon to get that perfect look. Only two coats will do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Cocolou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does look black with two coats on me, with one thick coat it's quite a nice dark purple though. It looks AMAZING on my toes, which is rare. I think the formula is good, and it doesn't seem to stain my nails noticeably without an undercoat. Will repurchase if nothing else takes my fancy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by charls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this nail polish, but I don't. It's not bad, but I don't find the formula as good as other OPI nail polishes I own. It's quite streaky and I feel like I need a ridge filler underneath and topcoat. (I think I've jumped on the sorbet jelly bandwagon which I love the finish of)
Having said that, the colour is very nice. I was looking for something that was almost black but with more depth than flat black (which can look a bit cheap), and this definitely ticks that box.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Dawn13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the color in the bottle, looks like a gorgeous, perfect dark, vampy purple. Unfortunately, this comes out black on my (natural) nails. I see a bit of purple only when holding my fingers into very bright light, other than that - just black. Pity. Then again, I have the same issue with other "almost black"-colors, e.g. Royal Rajah Ruby. I won't repurchase. The quality, however, is great, as you can expect from an OPI polish, goes on streak-free, opaque in one thick or two thin coats. It deserves 5 lippies for quality, but 1 for color, so to be fair, I give it 3. Price is OK if bought in the US, I paid 8.50$ (even though I sometimes buy polishes at a place where they cost only 5$, which is definitely more than OK). I never buy them in Switzerland, where I live, as they cost 4-5 times that, which is not justified, even for OPI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOOOOOVE this color. it does look almost black, but not 100%, so it works well on my pale skin-kind of how dark gray eyeliner can be more flattering than black. it wears well under a topcoat for me, and i love how it looks. i did definitely need 2 coats to achieve opacity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

This is a staple nail polish for me. I have several nail polishes, but this shade is so wonderful. You don't need a top or base coat and it goes on smoothly. Sometimes one coat will do it, usually two. It does chip fairly easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this on my toes and over Lincoln Park at Midnight. This is a darker deep purple compared to LPAT, which is slightly lighter with fine shimmers. On toes, it look almost black. I love the vampy look, with a super shining top coat, is sophisticated and chic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great staple for fall and winter. LPAD is aptly named since the color IS so dark. Anyone expecting this color to be more purple than black will be disappointed (EDIT: If you are looking for a similar color that is lighter and plummier I would suggest NYC Battery Park Purple or ChG Urban Night). It's almost more of a soft black with a hint of plum purple. It looks very dramatic on pale skin. The formula was pretty good on this color - a bit streaky on the first coat but opaque by the second. It wears well on me like most OPIs. The only reason this color doesn't get a perfect score is because I've seen several less expensive dupes. The only reason I'd repurchase is because I like the bottle and brush.