OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This color is very dark. It doesn't really look purple to me, just black. I'm really pale, so I don't like wearing this color on its own, but it looks AMAZING with Essie's Shine of the Times topcoat over it. I will continue wearing it for that or maybe for a galaxy nail look if I have the time for one but I probably won't buy it again. It is high-quality, though, as OPI always is, so if this a color you can work with, enjoy it.

on 7/19/2012 9:24:00 PM

This is the most perfect nail polish ever! Because I am fair skinned, I prefer to wear darker nail polish because they stand out more. This nail polish leaves your nails looking so shiny. It really is a gorgeous color and everyone should have it in their collection.

on 7/1/2012 8:44:00 PM

This is my all time favorite nail polish in my collection. I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it and would love it. I don't get as much use out of it in the summer time, as it is more of a wintery color. I love it so much because it is a great alternative to black, which can get old fast, but still be very classy. This is among the very few nail polishes that I would re-purchase. As with all OPI polishes the quality is amazing. I wish I could give it a 6/5!

on 6/28/2012 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am hesitant to write a review for LPAD. Why? Because i seem to be the only person not floored about this polish.

now, don't get me wrong, the polish itself is very nice (hence the four). the application is beautifully opaque after two coats. the first really shows the plum while the second coat borders at black while still being obviously purple.

and being true to many opi varnishes, the formula is wonderful. it lasts SO much longer than my essies but be warned, LPAD requires never chipped nails. horribly chipped nails (esp with super bright or dark colors) strikes fear into my heart and LPAD is no exception.

so while the technicalities of LPAD are good, it's the color that gets me. somehow, i'm not dying over this color, nor am i mesmerized by my nails when i have this on. but i do admit, it is nice and pretty, its just not holy grial.

on 6/9/2012 4:03:00 AM

I bought this at ULTA a few days ago on a whim, just looking to meet the $17 mark and get another OPI nail polish from ULTA's exclusive collection for free. I was very pleasantly surprised by this color! I absolutely love it, the formula is amazing! Almost a one coater for me. As it was drying I found myself staring at my nails, I literally couldn't stop looking! LPAD is darker than the majority of my polishes, and I love its dark plummy yumminess!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my top three favourite nail polishes, definitely. Lincoln Park After Dark is an extremely deep shade of plum that's borderline black; a true 'vampy' colour if I've ever seen one. It reminds me of something that Dracula would love to see being worn by his mistress upon her long, austere nails. I love pairing this with a sparkly polish over the top (Revlon Scandalous namely - this combo reminds me of the galaxy) Pair a great staple colour with amazing OPI formula and I'm sold. Loooving this.

on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM

Have this in a mini bottle. I expected to see some hints of purple in this when spied on the nail but to me it just looked pure black. I was disappointed as I was considering getting the full bottle but that won't be happening. Yes it's steeaky and it needs a few coats but that's not as issue for me.

This is hands (nails?) down my favourite dark polish. I always found that black washed out my hands and made me look pasty. A coworker of mine that also wears reds and dark colours bought this one for me for my birthday and it has been a staple since. Need to obtain the Matte version at some point. :)

on 5/15/2012 11:42:00 AM

I really like this color. The darkest I usually wear as far as nail polishes go, are dark burgandy colors. My HG got discontinued, so I was looking for something close to that color. This isn't exactly it, but it's similar with few differences. From reading some of the other reviews, I was worried this was going to come out looking black on my nails (which is something I don't want). Actually, this didn't look black on me at all. I could distinctly tell the clear difference that this was a dark purple, NOT black. Which all in all, is what I was going for. I only needed 2 coats for this to become true to the color in the bottle. This also left my nails shiny & glossy without using a top coat. This color is more of a fall/winter color. But, I like it so much that I might use it again in the summer. Overall, great color & I would definitely buy this one again.

on 5/5/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's the perfect dark for me. I love that dark aubergine colour that's almost black. I've never attempted to apply this polish on my own. Like other dark colours, I will only get it done in the salon to get that perfect look. Only two coats will do that.

Top Rated OPI Products