December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by uhlicawu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am hesitant to write a review for LPAD. Why? Because i seem to be the only person not floored about this polish.

now, don't get me wrong, the polish itself is very nice (hence the four). the application is beautifully opaque after two coats. the first really shows the plum while the second coat borders at black while still being obviously purple.

and being true to many opi varnishes, the formula is wonderful. it lasts SO much longer than my essies but be warned, LPAD requires never chipped nails. horribly chipped nails (esp with super bright or dark colors) strikes fear into my heart and LPAD is no exception.

so while the technicalities of LPAD are good, it's the color that gets me. somehow, i'm not dying over this color, nor am i mesmerized by my nails when i have this on. but i do admit, it is nice and pretty, its just not holy grial.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynn926

I bought this at ULTA a few days ago on a whim, just looking to meet the $17 mark and get another OPI nail polish from ULTA's exclusive collection for free. I was very pleasantly surprised by this color! I absolutely love it, the formula is amazing! Almost a one coater for me. As it was drying I found myself staring at my nails, I literally couldn't stop looking! LPAD is darker than the majority of my polishes, and I love its dark plummy yumminess!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my top three favourite nail polishes, definitely. Lincoln Park After Dark is an extremely deep shade of plum that's borderline black; a true 'vampy' colour if I've ever seen one. It reminds me of something that Dracula would love to see being worn by his mistress upon her long, austere nails. I love pairing this with a sparkly polish over the top (Revlon Scandalous namely - this combo reminds me of the galaxy) Pair a great staple colour with amazing OPI formula and I'm sold. Loooving this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by amywmy

Have this in a mini bottle. I expected to see some hints of purple in this when spied on the nail but to me it just looked pure black. I was disappointed as I was considering getting the full bottle but that won't be happening. Yes it's steeaky and it needs a few coats but that's not as issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hamiltontnkgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is hands (nails?) down my favourite dark polish. I always found that black washed out my hands and made me look pasty. A coworker of mine that also wears reds and dark colours bought this one for me for my birthday and it has been a staple since. Need to obtain the Matte version at some point. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this color. The darkest I usually wear as far as nail polishes go, are dark burgandy colors. My HG got discontinued, so I was looking for something close to that color. This isn't exactly it, but it's similar with few differences. From reading some of the other reviews, I was worried this was going to come out looking black on my nails (which is something I don't want). Actually, this didn't look black on me at all. I could distinctly tell the clear difference that this was a dark purple, NOT black. Which all in all, is what I was going for. I only needed 2 coats for this to become true to the color in the bottle. This also left my nails shiny & glossy without using a top coat. This color is more of a fall/winter color. But, I like it so much that I might use it again in the summer. Overall, great color & I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's the perfect dark for me. I love that dark aubergine colour that's almost black. I've never attempted to apply this polish on my own. Like other dark colours, I will only get it done in the salon to get that perfect look. Only two coats will do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Cocolou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does look black with two coats on me, with one thick coat it's quite a nice dark purple though. It looks AMAZING on my toes, which is rare. I think the formula is good, and it doesn't seem to stain my nails noticeably without an undercoat. Will repurchase if nothing else takes my fancy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by charls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this nail polish, but I don't. It's not bad, but I don't find the formula as good as other OPI nail polishes I own. It's quite streaky and I feel like I need a ridge filler underneath and topcoat. (I think I've jumped on the sorbet jelly bandwagon which I love the finish of)
Having said that, the colour is very nice. I was looking for something that was almost black but with more depth than flat black (which can look a bit cheap), and this definitely ticks that box.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Dawn13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the color in the bottle, looks like a gorgeous, perfect dark, vampy purple. Unfortunately, this comes out black on my (natural) nails. I see a bit of purple only when holding my fingers into very bright light, other than that - just black. Pity. Then again, I have the same issue with other "almost black"-colors, e.g. Royal Rajah Ruby. I won't repurchase. The quality, however, is great, as you can expect from an OPI polish, goes on streak-free, opaque in one thick or two thin coats. It deserves 5 lippies for quality, but 1 for color, so to be fair, I give it 3. Price is OK if bought in the US, I paid 8.50$ (even though I sometimes buy polishes at a place where they cost only 5$, which is definitely more than OK). I never buy them in Switzerland, where I live, as they cost 4-5 times that, which is not justified, even for OPI.