Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (w/w 7.7%), Octinoxate (w/w 3%), Avobenzone (w/w 1%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Talc, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Laureth-4 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome product, although the name is slightly misleading. This is in no way a "sheer tinted moisturizer" but is instead a lightweight foundation. I always need a real moisturizer underneath. This is fine with me though, as I like a bit more coverage than what a tinted moisturizer would give. One drawback is the color selection, I have to mix this shade (natural) with the next one darker (sunkissed) to get the right match for me. But, at under $4 a pop I can afford it :) The quality is great for the price - it lasts pretty well all day on my oily skin and the coverage is light but natural looking. Packaging is nice, I like the squeeze bottle design - much easier than a glass bottle. Doesn't break me out either! love it.

on 11/5/2010 12:09:00 PM

This was my first tinted moisturizer. I am very impressed. Very nice coverage. When applying it though I find you have to go fast because it dries really quick, and can get streaky. Has a nice natural finish, I highly recommend it. Very good price too!

on 9/7/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

These tinted moisturizers are really good, but they're all too yellow based for me and my NW10-NW15 porcelain skin tone.

That's such a shame really as these have great staying power. It lasted on my face all night long, though I did get a bit oily on my chin and on the middle of my forehead.

For a tinted moisturizer, this provides pretty good coverage. It covers up redness, evens out skin tone, and even hides dark under eye circles. As other viewers have stated, this does feel cakey on my skin. But it's totally tolerable. The look you get from this is worth the sticky feeling.

However, in order to get such an 'air brushed finish', you do have to apply these tinted moisturizers with a damp sponge or a damp brush to blend with as this can look cakey if not applied properly. This isn't just one of those tinted moisturizers you can just slather on and go. You really have to blend and buff, especially over areas that are bumpy like acne scars or over amounts of peach fuzz. I'm probably making this tinted moisturizer sound worse than it is as that little 'bout of effort is totally worth it. It definitely pays off when you look in a mirror.

If Wet'n'Wild would create pink based shades, then I would totally repurchase in a heart beat. Hell, for the price you pay, I'd stock up! But as for this shade in particular, I sadly can't wear it.

on 8/22/2010 11:46:00 AM

This is really nice. It's not thick like foundation but it evens out my skin tone and lightens my freckles plus it has spf 15. Just fine for everyday use because I prefer a natural looking finish, something that moisturizes my skin which is not oily for the face. Unlike heavy foundations which looks so unnatural and sometimes give a scaly look because of my dry skin.

on 8/15/2010 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Don't like the packaging as much, because it leaked out and ended up drying on the lid.
I bought this in beige, an it matches my skintone really well! As other people have said it dries pretty quickly when used by itself, so I mix it with a little of moisturizer and it's easier to blend and apply! It's a very light coverage, but it's great for the days where you don't want to wear foundation. :)
I would buy it again, but for me it was around $8CAD. Not bad, but definitely not my favourite tinted moisturizer.

on 8/7/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay-I'm finally ready to admit that I like this product. I have to agree that this is more like a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer but that's probably why I like it. I've been trying different tinted moisturizers and they are all invisible on me- no coverage. Perhaps a light foundation was what I wanted after all. The color choices are limited so I bought nude and natural. Nude seemed ashy to me. Natural is a tad light on me but blends well. I still use a moisturizer underneath as this product is not moisturizing. The finish is slightly dewy- I usually finish it off with my NYC pressed powder(another great find!) I feel pretty foxy that I have found a really nice product for under $5.00 (I think it was actually $3.99). I don't have a problem spending money on HE products but why waste the money when DS products at 1/10 the price are really good!!

I didn't expect much from this product considering that it's Wet n Wild and these products are known for not being the greatest products ever. I would have to say that this product is okay and only OKAY. It matched my skintone pretty well but gives me a little bit of color. The coverage is not that great but it does feel light on my skin but I don't think I would repurchase this product.

on 7/29/2010 10:14:00 PM

I was looking for something to just smoothen my skin tone a bit. This product makes it look too yellow, and it also feels extremely heavy.

on 7/27/2010 8:00:00 PM

I love this stuff! I was a little skepical but it evens out my skin tone, it gives me nice coverage (not too much, not too little) it's perfect for school and i love it! HG t/m!

on 6/27/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So, after reading the glowing reviews on this I gave it a shot. Straight out of the bottle, it was way too dark, way too cakey, and looked ridiculous. This isn't so much tinted moisturizer as it's actually a foundation.
I gave up on it for a bit until I decided to mix it with a regular facial moisturizer. And it worked a whole lot better. In fact, it's now a no-brainer HG product, I just throw it on with the added moisturizer and am ready to go without concealer or powder.
For the price, you really can't go wrong. Even if it takes a little experimentation.