October 2, 2014 | 935 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by elysiamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first tinted moisturizer. I am very impressed. Very nice coverage. When applying it though I find you have to go fast because it dries really quick, and can get streaky. Has a nice natural finish, I highly recommend it. Very good price too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These tinted moisturizers are really good, but they're all too yellow based for me and my NW10-NW15 porcelain skin tone.

That's such a shame really as these have great staying power. It lasted on my face all night long, though I did get a bit oily on my chin and on the middle of my forehead.

For a tinted moisturizer, this provides pretty good coverage. It covers up redness, evens out skin tone, and even hides dark under eye circles. As other viewers have stated, this does feel cakey on my skin. But it's totally tolerable. The look you get from this is worth the sticky feeling.

However, in order to get such an 'air brushed finish', you do have to apply these tinted moisturizers with a damp sponge or a damp brush to blend with as this can look cakey if not applied properly. This isn't just one of those tinted moisturizers you can just slather on and go. You really have to blend and buff, especially over areas that are bumpy like acne scars or over amounts of peach fuzz. I'm probably making this tinted moisturizer sound worse than it is as that little 'bout of effort is totally worth it. It definitely pays off when you look in a mirror.

If Wet'n'Wild would create pink based shades, then I would totally repurchase in a heart beat. Hell, for the price you pay, I'd stock up! But as for this shade in particular, I sadly can't wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really nice. It's not thick like foundation but it evens out my skin tone and lightens my freckles plus it has spf 15. Just fine for everyday use because I prefer a natural looking finish, something that moisturizes my skin which is not oily for the face. Unlike heavy foundations which looks so unnatural and sometimes give a scaly look because of my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Don't like the packaging as much, because it leaked out and ended up drying on the lid.
I bought this in beige, an it matches my skintone really well! As other people have said it dries pretty quickly when used by itself, so I mix it with a little of moisturizer and it's easier to blend and apply! It's a very light coverage, but it's great for the days where you don't want to wear foundation. :)
I would buy it again, but for me it was around $8CAD. Not bad, but definitely not my favourite tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay-I'm finally ready to admit that I like this product. I have to agree that this is more like a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer but that's probably why I like it. I've been trying different tinted moisturizers and they are all invisible on me- no coverage. Perhaps a light foundation was what I wanted after all. The color choices are limited so I bought nude and natural. Nude seemed ashy to me. Natural is a tad light on me but blends well. I still use a moisturizer underneath as this product is not moisturizing. The finish is slightly dewy- I usually finish it off with my NYC pressed powder(another great find!) I feel pretty foxy that I have found a really nice product for under $5.00 (I think it was actually $3.99). I don't have a problem spending money on HE products but why waste the money when DS products at 1/10 the price are really good!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Princ3ssVane

I didn't expect much from this product considering that it's Wet n Wild and these products are known for not being the greatest products ever. I would have to say that this product is okay and only OKAY. It matched my skintone pretty well but gives me a little bit of color. The coverage is not that great but it does feel light on my skin but I don't think I would repurchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to just smoothen my skin tone a bit. This product makes it look too yellow, and it also feels extremely heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by savethetatas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I was a little skepical but it evens out my skin tone, it gives me nice coverage (not too much, not too little) it's perfect for school and i love it! HG t/m!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, after reading the glowing reviews on this I gave it a shot. Straight out of the bottle, it was way too dark, way too cakey, and looked ridiculous. This isn't so much tinted moisturizer as it's actually a foundation.
I gave up on it for a bit until I decided to mix it with a regular facial moisturizer. And it worked a whole lot better. In fact, it's now a no-brainer HG product, I just throw it on with the added moisturizer and am ready to go without concealer or powder.
For the price, you really can't go wrong. Even if it takes a little experimentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I read the reviews for this product, i was shocked! Everyone seems to like this product so much, but i did not like it at all! It was not much of a tinted moisturizer, it's much more like a sheer foundation. I got the shade in natural. It does not blend very well for me, and there are always streaky lines. It's also very cakey! I tried blending with a brush, with my hands, and with a makeup sponge! It's also not very long lasting. I would not repurchase this product.
*******************************************************
Edit! so, a couple months after my last review, which I gave a rating of 1, I experimented more with this product and like it a little more now. It's still now the best, but it's alright. The colour suits me better now that I've lost my tan. It's not the greatest at blending, but a little goes and long way to prevent it from looking cakey. I actually have been using this occasionally!