April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOVVEEEEE!!! omg words cannot explain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a little bottle to try. I love it!!!! It is the perfect colour for the Christmas holiday. I was sloppy putting it on but it dried very quickly. I will have to buy a bigger bottle now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the prettiest red nail polishes ever. Even if you dislike reds, still give this a try. This shade looks fabulous on everyone. Brilliant deep red with gorgeous red microglitter. It does require a top coat as it doesn't dry shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of red, and of glitter, so I'm biased, but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. It's a red microglitter in a red jelly base, and with top coat, the finish is smooth (not lumpy or rough like some glitters can be). The polish has amazing depth and colour. It also wears very well, at least with a good top coat (haven't tried it without). Haven't seen any kind of problem with chipping while wearing this.

Unfortunately, the tips don't wear well, even with a top coat and specifically taking care to seal the tips, but that's true of pretty much all jelly polishes (at least for me), so I can't complain too much about it. If you're someone who changes polish frequently, you probably won't even notice.

It does take a minimum of two coats to get good depth and coverage, but I always end up doing three, not because I'm particularly worried about the opacity (in fact, I'm really not) but in order to get a nice, even, deep, clear cover to create the gorgeous look this polish is capable of.

Also should add that this removes easily, without the usual hassle associated with glitter nail polishes. Bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a God send for us. Every girl must have it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by GuysCallMeShawna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The most flattering red glitter polish for every skin tone. It's a bright neutral red glitter. Reminds me of Dorthy's slippers in the wizard of oz movie (in the book they are silver). All-year-round color. I love it for both mani's and pedi's. I have received compliments on this.

Formula is smooth. I achieve bottle color in two coats though I usually do three. I use seche vite top coat and I do not use a base coat. Lasts me about two days before chipping starts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What can I say about Ruby Pumps that hasn't already been said? It's divine, perfect, gorgeous...it's a holy grail polish, and everyone should own a bottle.
It was the only polish from the Wizard of Ooh Ahz to make it to the core line, and I can see why. It is the most beautiful, glowing, glittery red on the market. The base is a deep pink-red jelly, filled with lots and lots of sparkling red glitter. I find two coats to be totally enough to recreate the color of Dorothy's ruby slippers. Plus, the true awesomeness? It's not a topcoat eater!! One coat of Out The Door is enough to make it smooth and glassy.
I know a lot of people wear this shade only during the holidays, but I love her too much to banish her to my polish drawers ten months out of the year-I wear Ruby Pumps year whenever I'm feeling the itch, and I've gotten compliments from complete strangers every time I've worn it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was never into red nailpolish but I made an exception for this. My word this colour is so gorgeous and the application is beautiful. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is glitter polish done right, at it's best. None of that patchy-application nonsense you'd expect here. This is one of the few polishes, let alone a glitter polish, that I'd be fine with going out in public wearing only one coat - it applies that smoothly and has that much pigmentation to it! After two coats, it's absolutely stunning - a bright, dazzling, sparkly holiday red. Very festive, fun and girly! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, my goodness! This is one of the most delicious colors I have ever tried! On my screen, the photos above look a tad to the orange side of red, but IRL the shade tends to be a deeper red, more toward crimson. Personally, I think that choosing a red polish is a little like choosing a blush; it can be challenging to find the perfect shade. But Ruby Slippers is super-versatile. I can wear it alone, even to the office, and yes, y'all, I am a woman of a certain age. The sparkle is tiny and perfect, and not over-the-top. But what I am totally loving about this polish is that it is the ultimate mixer. It gets along with so many colors and completely transforms them as a topper. Heck, last night I put on a purple Wet 'n' Wild that I purchased on an unfortunate whim. When I put the Ruby Slippers over it, the colors danced and sang. It became sophisticated and subtle but with just a little secret of vampish come-hither. Ruby Slippers is translucent (a jelly?) with a little fire within, so it's like mixing colors on a palette when you use it to layer. I like it so much that I am buying back-up bottles. Honestly, I hope that this is still available when I am 90.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No