October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Styling Products - DevaCurl - Angell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product left my curls feeling stiff, looking frizzy, and very undefined. I only wish that I could rate this product a 0, as I certainly woould!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by merrillina

I've only used this for a short time, but it's a decent product. My hair is probably something around a 2b and a few inches above my shoulder. This gel does not really enhance my hair or make it curlier, but I guess that's not really what it's supposed to do. However, my hair for the most part frizz-free, which is rare for me. Decent hold so far, my hair was a little crunchy though. Packaging is good, price is moderate and not too expensive, and it works well with other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Cherylh

This gives me what my cousin calls "boingers", bouncy spiral curls that look like springs. It makes the difference between being happy to look in a mirror and looking down at the sink instead. Plus it never makes my hair crunchy, it just gives me the kind of curls that make me happy I have curly hair. It can be a bit drying on days with lack of humidity. So those days I add dollops of One Condition the size of 4 peas to the gel then smoosh the whole thing together before applying it to my hair, problem solved!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't normally like gels that often, I find many of them too heavy (weighs my hair down) and difficult to distribute in my 2A fine, but generous and long lighly wavy hair. I gravitated towards volumizing sprays, and spray gels because of this. But some curly girls really rave about this, so I had to try it.

The packaging is quite ordinary, save for the cheerfully colored label.

It liquifies in the hand ( I like that, easier to distribute), and has a pleasant, clean "fruity" smell.

I apply this after washing, then plop. Dry with a diffuser (no scrunching, just gentle drying), I get REAL waves, not the typical flattened S-wave that I normally have when I let my hair dry naturally. Some curls even. The textbook, "beach hair". Doesn't feel heavy, and doesn't seem to build up. Washes out quite easily. Will likely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

I hate to bring down the rating of this product, since I know most people love it, but it makes my thick, wavy hair feel heavy and greasy. I gave it away!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by finneganandmaggie

I have mixed feelings about this. Most of the time I have used this was in S. Carolina on vacation (99 degrees w/ high humidity). It worked very well in bringing out my curls, but my head has been itchy. However, that may be attributed to the sun. Now, I'm back in PA, my head is still slightly itchy.
I think that I need the Arcangell, because my hair is very heavy and I have more of a wave over a tight curl.Ulta did not carry the Arcangell. I was miffed at that, but figured I'd try the Angel,
My curl takes a bit more work to activate and hold. This had no problem activating the curls. I was very impressed by this. I would have liked to see more holding power, however. Don't get me wrong, it's hold is better than other gels I've tried. I suppose I had very high expectations based on reviews on naturallycurly.com...l.
It does have some crunch if you don't scrunch it enough. I have been air drying. I'll continue to use but I am still curious of better options. This is why I have about 10 styling products in my home right now. Pitiful, I know

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the ARC Angell that is supposed to be a wee bit stronger than the regular Angell. I have dry, curly, color treated hair so I have high demands for a product. This gave me bouncy, curly hair but sadly my curls fell after two hours . Now you should know I tried this over a few days in August in Houston. This may not be a fair test but I know there are other gals out there that live in high humidity with sweltering heat areas. I preferred the Jessicurl over this product. I think this would work better on a low humidity day. I do give the Deva line kudos though for making a gel that created no build up and was easy to conditioner wash out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, most horrible product ever. Left my fine, wavy, usually bouncy and healthy looking hair dry, brittle and frizzy. Felt like straw. I had such high expectations from this product and all it left me with was having to re-wash my hair in the sink. Gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best gel I've ever used, hands down. Very light, not sticky or greasy, washes out completely just with water! This stuff dries very crunchy, but all you have to do is scrunch the hair and it will be soft with beautiful curl formation. Doesn't eliminate those little frizzies on the top of my head, but I just apply a tiny bit of leave-in on those and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by SueS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is fabulous when used with AG Recoil