April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS
    Great coverage
    nice finish
    shade matched my skin perfectly

CONS
    End of morning my skin was oily
    End of day I had clogged pores and tiny bumps along my forehead

I really do love this foundation, but I can't wear it for more than 3 hrs otherwise my forehead erupts in tiny bumps. So, I save this only for special evenings where I'll be going out but not staying out too late/sweating etc.

I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jckukay143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I finally found my HG! A representative recommended this product and I completely fell in love with it! It covers all my flaws that I could never find with a different foundation and it is so light on the face. Sometimes, I forget I'm wearing foundation. I even like it more than my MUFE HD. I have dry skin so I moisturize and put a primer on before putting this foundation on and voila! Flawless skin. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by paulettesasuga

Loveeee. By far the best foundation I have ever used. Coverage is medium to full with a matte finish (good for oily skin). No need to set it with powder, your face will look very cakey if you do. Lasts all day and so light it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing makeup. Gotta love the pump too, very sanitary. They just now added spf 15 as well which is a huge plus. Yes it's expensive... very expensive... but a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by 4ipatama

This is an amazing foundation. Feels like silk on the skin, but covers everything really well. Very buildable and doesn't cake up.
    I got this in a tax free shop at the airport for around 35€, I guess it costs around 45€ in our stores (I live in Sweden), but I think is an okay price for such a good foundation.
    I got the shade Beige Porcelain 10 (the lightest one available in Europe) even without trying it, they did not have a tester. But that was a perfect match. I also noticed that it is a bit lighter than the same shade in Lancome's Teint Miracle. Good for me, cause I am really pale.
    I need to add that my skin is pretty weird: it's very acne prone, kind of oily, but since I do a lot of strong chemical peelings to fight against acne scars, my skin can be very dry in some areas). This foundation does control the possible oiliness and at the same time it doesn't feel too dry like EL Double Wear which made my skin very itchy (and also felt too heavy and cakey).
    Teint Idole Ultra gives a matte, but luminous finish, my skin looks kind of healthier. I tried setting it with loose powder and not setting it. I actually find that it looks even better without the powder as it has a really nice finish itself. It has quite a strong smell, but I kind of like it.
    I apply this foundation with a stippling brush, it glides on very nicely and, as I said, it's very easy to build up on the areas where I have scars and need more coverage. I think this foundation covers on the same level as Double Wear (medium to full), much better than Chanel's Mat Lumere and Perfection Lumiere. I think, TI Ultra is kind of what Chanel wanted to reach with their PL, but failed.
    Yes, and the lasting power is very good. I can touch my face a lot during the day, and it still looks the same in the evening.
    Also, the bottle is very ergonomic and the pump is perfect.

UPDATE: After a month of usage, I started to find it cakey, too matte and too mask-like. It also dried out my skin in some areas. Probably, that happened due to the cold winter months, but I decided to try a dewy foundation (Teint Miracle) and I like that one so much more! Covers on the same level and never feels caky or too obvious. So, some lippies off from Idole Ultra. I might give it a try in summer, though.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a medium coverage foundation for winter and was going to buy either Chanel Perfection Luminere or this Teint Idol Ultra. There was a GWP @ Lancome, thus I bought this. I love the pump dispenser, you need just one pump to cover your face and it prevents wasting the product. I use both a Chanel foundation brush and my fingers to apply; application is smooth and easy; doesn't dry too fast so you can blend easily. I've had it for one week and have used it daily, and so far so good. My skin is oily, less so than when I was in my thirties but still quite oily and this foundation has not let any oil break through all day. It does last 10 hrs as well with no slide or uneven coverage. I've used it with Smashbox Photofinish primer (which is my favorite) and have not had to use any powder to set either at the beginning nor end of the day. It leaves your skin feeling soft and silky. I am a NW 25-30 and was matched to Buff 3 N and it is a perfect match. I really like this product, and I've used Estee Lauder DW (too thick) and Revlon Colormatch (also too thick for my tastes). Next time I'll try Chanel Perfection Luminere (I was matched to Beige 40 in that product) but this 30ml bottle will probably last me a year. I'm very satisfied and would recommend this foundation for those of us with oily to combo skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Johelian

[For reference – I am of mixed Filipino/English descent, with light olive skin-tone that leans towards warm/yellow. Skin-type is Combination/Sensitive, with redness on my nose & cheeks. Pronounced pores. NC20-25]

In my hunt for the perfect foundation – i.e. one that matches my pale yellow skin without being too dark/pink, does not slide off my red cheeks and lasts for a full work-day with little-to-no touchups – I have tried almost every brand under the sun. Bobbi Brown, MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Chanel, Maybelline, Revlon, Bourjois, UNE...as a matter of fact, you can read my reviews on many of these here!

Having read many good reviews for Teint Idole, I popped along to my local department store to pick up a sample. After a considerable struggle with the MUA to even identify the correct product (for some reason, no matter how many times I asked for Idole Ultra, I was offered almost every other product in the Lancome range instead...very odd. But I digress), I was colour matched to 01 Beige Albatre. This is the lightest of the 8 shades available in the UK – and, unbelievably, it’s still too dark for me! I have never been the lightest shade in a foundation before! If you are more pale than N20-25 you will almost certainly not find a match in this foundation. The product comes in a slim, curved bottle with a pump and costs £29.50. It has a perfumed scent, which I personally don’t find too offensive but which is definitely quite noticeable compared to most other foundations I’ve tried. It strikes me as a somewhat “older”, powdery smell; some may find it a little off-putting. The foundation is moderately runny, and offers medium coverage. I found application with a flat foundation brush to work best for me, as the product is not terribly thick (I tend to find thicker product is better stippled on).

Unfortunately I didn’t have a great deal of joy with this product; even Beige Albatre was marginally too dark and far too pink for me; I became oily within a couple of hours of application; I experienced some very slight skin irritation. This product is advertised with the following blurb: “a full 14 hours of immaculate long-lasting wear without re-touching and without staining clothes”. It most certainly did not last anywhere close to 14 hours for me; while there was still a good amount of product on my face at the end of the day, my skin was incredibly shiny and crying out for a serious blotting. I imagine that this might suit drier skin-types a little better than my combo skin (it’s advertised as suitable for all skin types). On the plus side I didn’t experience any significant colour transfer, and the foundation didn’t oxidise on my skin. Not enough to change my mind though – I will definitely not be repurcashing!

The Good:
    1) Decent coverage on my redness and pores.
    2) SPF 10.
    3) Pretty packaging with pump (though glass, so watch out if your bathroom is tiled!)

The Bad:
    1) Made my skin far too oily within a short time.
    2) Poor colour choice; no truly light shades/light yellow shades.
    3) Cost compared to other department store foundations.
    4) Somewhat heavy perfume scent.

The Verdict:
    Reasonable coverage, but I feel there are far better foundations out there for the money. The range is also too limited for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Lovexandxart

too heavy if you ask me, you can tell you're wearing foundation, excellent coverage, but comes at the cost of looking cakey, not bad, not good just meh

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by minarashid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is just great for people with oily or combination skin. it stays in place and i don't need a setting powder with this. coverage is really awesome! 2 layers of this around my eyes and on discoloration and pimples on my face, and i dont even have to reach or a concealer.
    the packaging is amazing; one pump is all i need for my entire face! the only down part of this is that the bottle is glass and mine fell and broke on my bathroom's tiled floor, leaving me a huge mess.
    the consistency of the product is not too thick and not too thin but just a little more on the thick side. it doesn't get cakey too quickly.
    the price is set high but i think its worth it since what you're paying for is just a great quality foundation. also it does have a scent that i actually like.
    i have tried this with a stippling brush, traditional foundation brush, and my fingers, and it works amazing with all three. this product has a natural finish; it doesnt look like you're wearing foundation.
    for reference: i use the shade buff 2 (w) and i'm an nc25 in mac foundations

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Xtina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence on this foundation. I use a foundation brush to apply it and have noticed that I have to start with my nose and work my way out to the rest of my face or it just doesn't look right. If I start with my cheeks like I usually do with other foundations it doesn't blend well at all which is weird. Maybe it's the brush I'm using but I don't think it should make that much of a difference with such an expensive foundation. It does provide good coverage and has a nice matte finish although I still set it with powder because I have an oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros - long lasting, color stays true all day, decent oil control, good coverage, pretty nice finish
    Cons - not moisturizing enough on dry days

Overall - this is a good basic foundation for most days except for the winter when I need to switch to something more moisturizing. It gives a 100% matte finish so if you want something even slightly dewy you will need to apply a high-lighting product. The oil control for this foundation is OK if you use a good primer. The packaging is good, 1 pump is sufficient for the entire face, if you want to apply some on your neck as well you may need an extra half pump. 1 Lippie off as I am still looking for something that feels even lighter but gives the same results.

For the price, it delivers what its supposed to do, it is a good staple foundation to have, no complaints!