April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Treatments - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by willow100z

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love. Been using this on and off for years and keep coming back. It stings a little when you try it for the first time, but the sensation disappears with regular use.

It made a tremendous difference. I had been looking worn out for a year or two because of an illness when I started using this product. It tightened my pores, smoothed out the dark spots on my face and made me look awake. My complexion brightened and I looked younger.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by CordeliaS

I really like this product. I find that it makes my skin really smooth and helps to clear away blackheads. It's very strong, so it can sting and may cause drying of the skin. I'd recommend using this was a good moisturizer with spf.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have waited until I reached the bottom of the jar before writing a review on this product. I have used the 12% souffle every night for approximately 2 1/2 months. I am 37, with combination skin and an oily t-zone, fine lines, sun damage, and large pores.

Two things to know about this product:
#1: YES, it stings. For about five minutes after you apply it, it STINGS. Even after using it for over two months, it still stings. However, after a few minutes the stinging subsides and all is well.
#2: YES, you may purge. I spent about two weeks looking like a pimply faced teenager before my skin started clearing back up. Pimples, cysts, you name it- It happened. I started purging about a week after using it.

Would I repurchase? YES..in fact, I have ordered more of the souffle and additional products in the Alpha Hydrox line. I am now able to wear only a light powder instead of liquid foundation. Previously I always had to use a full coverage foundation to hide my flaws. Clear skin, smoother forehead lines, and smaller pores are the results of this product in my experience. I wish I had found it sooner.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by minxjoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this souffle in conjunction with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash and their Sheer Silk Moisturizer for the last 3 weeks.

Note: I have melasma (pregnancy and birth control mask) which causes brown spotted areas on my face. I also have milia (hard white spots under the skin), and some small skin tags on face and neck.

I have seen a reduction in the melasma -- I now have lighter, brighter skin than I've seen in 5 years. Some milia are coming out of my skin now, and the skin tags are getting smaller, and a few have come off already.

This product is excellent! It does wonders for all the little problematic things that pregnancy and getting older can cause. It's amazing -- this product actually works and fixes my face and neck, and it's really reasonably priced! Wonderful, I love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by stat74

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a little tip...I have used the Alpha Hydroxy 12% foot creme on my face for the last 15 years plus. I have gotten numerous comments about how young my skin looks. The tube is more portable and it is cheaper than the soufle! Just got my three daughters started on it. I have not found anything on the market that compares regardless of price. Just wish it was carried by more venders. I used to purchase this at the big 3 drugstores, but have not been able to find it for the last five years. I order online now, which is fine, but I would still like other options to buy off the shelf.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it... It makes my face super soft and helps even out skin tone (glycolic acid in general at a high percentage works wonders). I don't care for the packaging.. the glass container is terrible. I wish it came in a pump bottle.. I just dip a q-tip in it, put the product in my palm and smooth over. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH at one time or your face will feel heavy, especially during the day and during summer months. Make sure to use a bit and use a sunscreen afterward and you are good to go.. Good under makeup as well!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by aznfoureyes

I bought it b/c i read fantastic reviews on drugstore.com and people claimed that it made fine lines disappear and pores smaller and whatnot so, i bought one hoping it would get rid of my laugh lines (19 but i laugh way too much) and my HUGE pores on my nose.

It did nothing for me. I put it on every night for a month and I didnt feel any tingling or stinging or any sign that it was working.

I paid probably 18 bucks (shipping fees..gosh) in total for a moisturizer. what a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

at first i liked the product but it built up on my skin and caused mega clogged pores. i like Alpha Hydrox products but this one won't be staying in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switched to this from the 10% gel. So happy with it! It absorbs into skin, layers great, can use day or night. I like it a lot better than the gel because of the absorption and that I always feel it is doing something. Makes skin smooth and helps keep it clear. It lasts awhile too. I originally didn't go for it because there were better deals volume-wise with other AH products. It turns out, this is worth the extra $$ to me. Has never caused me any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by helennnx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this product hoping to fade my hyperpigmentation from previous acne. Yes this product made me purge like crazy creating a few more marks but after like a month my skin looked waaaay better and softer. I still do get occassional breakouts but this product defiantly has improved my skin.