September 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I have been using the 10% lotion for a while and absolutely love it. I decided to try the souffle to see if I can get an even better result since the percentage of AHA is higher. I am sad to report that I do not like it as much. And the worst part is that I think it is breaking me out!!! Not cool. At first I thought it was something else, but every single time I would use this, I would wake up with a few pimples on my face. This does not happen with the 10% lotion. Will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This seems to be an effective cream, but I much prefer the Enhanced Cream over this one because it is less rich, and for my oily skin, I need something relatively light. This is probably a product more suited for dry or more mature skin, and since mine seems to be so very oily,I can't consistently use this without feeling like it is far too heavy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

My skin definitely looks much better when i use this continuously. When i stop, my skin is much duller. I do not have much of a problem with acne, so i cannot comment on that, but when i use this continuously my skin just has a brighter look to it. To be honest though, honey masks, when i use them regularly do just about the same for my complexion.
I bought this from drugstore.com, but you can always just get honey from your cupboard :)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by willow100z

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love. Been using this on and off for years and keep coming back. It stings a little when you try it for the first time, but the sensation disappears with regular use.

It made a tremendous difference. I had been looking worn out for a year or two because of an illness when I started using this product. It tightened my pores, smoothed out the dark spots on my face and made me look awake. My complexion brightened and I looked younger.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by CordeliaS

I really like this product. I find that it makes my skin really smooth and helps to clear away blackheads. It's very strong, so it can sting and may cause drying of the skin. I'd recommend using this was a good moisturizer with spf.

EDIT:

I reviewed this product years ago, and I have been using it on and off since then. Recently, I had some terrible acne breakouts on both cheeks, something that I'm definitely not used to. I tried all the old acne products I used to turn to as a teen, but those just seemed to irritate my skin more. I started using this product again and, 4 days later, the breakouts have healed! I am amazed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have waited until I reached the bottom of the jar before writing a review on this product. I have used the 12% souffle every night for approximately 2 1/2 months. I am 37, with combination skin and an oily t-zone, fine lines, sun damage, and large pores.

Two things to know about this product:
#1: YES, it stings. For about five minutes after you apply it, it STINGS. Even after using it for over two months, it still stings. However, after a few minutes the stinging subsides and all is well.
#2: YES, you may purge. I spent about two weeks looking like a pimply faced teenager before my skin started clearing back up. Pimples, cysts, you name it- It happened. I started purging about a week after using it.

Would I repurchase? YES..in fact, I have ordered more of the souffle and additional products in the Alpha Hydrox line. I am now able to wear only a light powder instead of liquid foundation. Previously I always had to use a full coverage foundation to hide my flaws. Clear skin, smoother forehead lines, and smaller pores are the results of this product in my experience. I wish I had found it sooner.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by minxjoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this souffle in conjunction with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash and their Sheer Silk Moisturizer for the last 3 weeks.

Note: I have melasma (pregnancy and birth control mask) which causes brown spotted areas on my face. I also have milia (hard white spots under the skin), and some small skin tags on face and neck.

I have seen a reduction in the melasma -- I now have lighter, brighter skin than I've seen in 5 years. Some milia are coming out of my skin now, and the skin tags are getting smaller, and a few have come off already.

This product is excellent! It does wonders for all the little problematic things that pregnancy and getting older can cause. It's amazing -- this product actually works and fixes my face and neck, and it's really reasonably priced! Wonderful, I love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by stat74

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a little tip...I have used the Alpha Hydroxy 12% foot creme on my face for the last 15 years plus. I have gotten numerous comments about how young my skin looks. The tube is more portable and it is cheaper than the soufle! Just got my three daughters started on it. I have not found anything on the market that compares regardless of price. Just wish it was carried by more venders. I used to purchase this at the big 3 drugstores, but have not been able to find it for the last five years. I order online now, which is fine, but I would still like other options to buy off the shelf.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it... It makes my face super soft and helps even out skin tone (glycolic acid in general at a high percentage works wonders). I don't care for the packaging.. the glass container is terrible. I wish it came in a pump bottle.. I just dip a q-tip in it, put the product in my palm and smooth over. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH at one time or your face will feel heavy, especially during the day and during summer months. Make sure to use a bit and use a sunscreen afterward and you are good to go.. Good under makeup as well!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by aznfoureyes

I bought it b/c i read fantastic reviews on drugstore.com and people claimed that it made fine lines disappear and pores smaller and whatnot so, i bought one hoping it would get rid of my laugh lines (19 but i laugh way too much) and my HUGE pores on my nose.

It did nothing for me. I put it on every night for a month and I didnt feel any tingling or stinging or any sign that it was working.

I paid probably 18 bucks (shipping fees..gosh) in total for a moisturizer. what a waste.