October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't even know I am adding my review here since we all know this is the GREATEST MINERALIZED BLUSH in existence.....But I just had to share the joy. I received mine in swap a few weeks ago, all the while thinking I was probably not even going to like it, I mean how could any blush have caused such a fervor? Well, I get it now. I freaking love this blush, for its brightening coral-pink color, its golden glow, and its pink iridescence. It is always just the right blush to put ion when I am feeling pale, or drab, or sallow. Makes me feel pretty and vibrant. LOVE. Go find one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this in a swap, and I know that I was very fortunate to have laid my hands on it. I can see why everyone wants it; its so different from all the other MSFs that have ever been released. For the past few years it seems like all the MSFs have been either neutral toned and sheer (Refined, By Candlelight, etc.) or in the gold/bronze/brown family. (Well, Porcelain Pink is pink, but didn't look like anything on me.) This one is unique because its distinctly coral (looks scary orange in the pan) and goes on like a frosty bright peach blush. Pro: the color is gorgeous, brightens up my cheeks, goes well over a bit of bronzer or a neutral matte blush. Cons: very shimmery (perhaps too shimmery for over-40 skin); easy to over-do if you already have shimmer on your face; does not last all day on me. And, like other MSFs, because of the packaging, not practical to carry around for touch-ups. I wish that MAC would release this someday as a Mineralize blush. That would be cool! I would definitely buy it. MAC people--are you reading this?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I bought this because of all the hype that was on the internet. I like the color a lot in the pan and as a blush. It is a lovely color but a bit too light on my NC 35 skin. Because of this, I usually layer it over NARS orgasm blush and love the goldish/peachy shimmer. However..I noticed that after several hours it starts coming off rather unevenly. This does not happen to any other blushes I have used. Also, I was really hoping that I could use this as a highlighter but it has much too much peachiness to be a highlighter. I didn't notice it as much in person but in pictures it was more obvious. I like this product a lot but I don't think I would repurchase..considering there are other highlighters that are more multi-functional (like Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks) that I can use over blush and use as an overal face highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by pinkstar5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and I'm so glad that I did. I find myself reaching for it so much that I have to stop myself cause i'm afraid to run out. It's a beautiful peachy glow for your cheeks and not too glittery as some of the other MSF's. It looks beautifully subtle on my NC25 skin and also works great on top of oher blushes. I always get compliments when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Amazingly, received this in a swap, and it does NOT disappoint! I have a few MSFs, but the coral of Stereo Rose is magnificent. It looks great against my fair skin and I only have to use a small amount, so it will probably last forever. I can see how it is a hard one to dupe (although IMO Benefit - Coralista does a similar look but without the pretty shimmer that SR offers.) HOWEVER, I don't think all the hype is necessary. It is a very pretty color and flattering... But MAC's other MSFs are just as good. Worth a try, but not worth more than 30 bucks IMO. Try to get it in a fair swap and don't trade your "first born" for this either!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by riveyv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Just received this in a swap and OMG, I love it! I'm NC40, applying NARS Laguna as a contour with Stereo Rose as a blush/highlighter, and WOW, what a perfect, healthy glow. This is what I thought NARS Orgasm would look like, but it didn't - at least not for me - it was a little too light. I would definitely purchase this again. Too bad it's limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jjjenko

I purchased this because of all the hype. I was out of the country when this was launched so I asked one of my friends to help me pick it up. I'm really glad she did. I'm an NC35 and I love it. Gives me a nice peachy, coral glow. I like using it with a blush and on it's own. Since I got it, I've been using it almost everyday. If I ran out I'd be sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by thchocolateluver07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love stereo rose at first i didnt really care for it but the more i use it the more i love it, it looks great on my nc30 skin and i would repurchase if i could, ive had it since the In the Grove collection and i barely have a tiny dip, will last a long time. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really pretty. It gives me a nice glow. Great color. Would repurchase if I could.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by littleboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I heard about the hype surrounding this product, I got-footed it to my nearest MAC counter in Dublin and I snapped up not one but two of these, for fear that I may love it... I need not have.

I feel that this colour is over-rated and chalky. It does not suit my skin tone at all. (NC30 for reference) I will continue to use it but I would not repurchase this.