MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG blush! I missed out on the chance to purchase, but managed to find it through a swap with an awesome MUAer. It gives a lovely flush to my NC25 skin and I adore the hint of shimmer. It's definitely not too glittery or over the top. I reach for it often and use it as part of my neutral, everyday look. There seems to be a ton of product in the pan and I don't see it running out anytime soon. I certainly hope it comes back!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

One of MAC's best Mineralized Skinfinishes. I love Stereo Rose, and the unique color that shows up when applied- its like a coral with a hint of peach and pink, and just the perfect touch of shimmer (not glitter!) ...... When I heard this was being released again with MAC's 'In The Groove' collection, I had to have it- and so did hundreds of other people! :) ....When I recieved a backorder email I was sad, but figured that maybe it wasn't that great of a product. Anywho, I then had a chance to swap for this- and I'm so happy I did. The color is certainly different, yes its coral (which isn't new) but there is just something about ST that makes it just beautiful. ST can be used as a blush of course, or you can apply this lightly over another blush to give it a nice sheen. Everytime I wear this, I get asked at least once what blush it is :P ....is it worth the hype? that is up to you of course, I think this color is perfect for every skin-tone- lighter ladies should use a stippling brush as this can be easily overdone at times. I'm very happy with my Stereo Rose, and I'm trying not to to use all of it up.

on 9/29/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't even know I am adding my review here since we all know this is the GREATEST MINERALIZED BLUSH in existence.....But I just had to share the joy. I received mine in swap a few weeks ago, all the while thinking I was probably not even going to like it, I mean how could any blush have caused such a fervor? Well, I get it now. I freaking love this blush, for its brightening coral-pink color, its golden glow, and its pink iridescence. It is always just the right blush to put ion when I am feeling pale, or drab, or sallow. Makes me feel pretty and vibrant. LOVE. Go find one.

on 9/26/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just got this in a swap, and I know that I was very fortunate to have laid my hands on it. I can see why everyone wants it; its so different from all the other MSFs that have ever been released. For the past few years it seems like all the MSFs have been either neutral toned and sheer (Refined, By Candlelight, etc.) or in the gold/bronze/brown family. (Well, Porcelain Pink is pink, but didn't look like anything on me.) This one is unique because its distinctly coral (looks scary orange in the pan) and goes on like a frosty bright peach blush. Pro: the color is gorgeous, brightens up my cheeks, goes well over a bit of bronzer or a neutral matte blush. Cons: very shimmery (perhaps too shimmery for over-40 skin); easy to over-do if you already have shimmer on your face; does not last all day on me. And, like other MSFs, because of the packaging, not practical to carry around for touch-ups. I wish that MAC would release this someday as a Mineralize blush. That would be cool! I would definitely buy it. MAC people--are you reading this?

on 9/21/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of all the hype that was on the internet. I like the color a lot in the pan and as a blush. It is a lovely color but a bit too light on my NC 35 skin. Because of this, I usually layer it over NARS orgasm blush and love the goldish/peachy shimmer. However..I noticed that after several hours it starts coming off rather unevenly. This does not happen to any other blushes I have used. Also, I was really hoping that I could use this as a highlighter but it has much too much peachiness to be a highlighter. I didn't notice it as much in person but in pictures it was more obvious. I like this product a lot but I don't think I would repurchase..considering there are other highlighters that are more multi-functional (like Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks) that I can use over blush and use as an overal face highlighter.

on 9/18/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this in a swap and I'm so glad that I did. I find myself reaching for it so much that I have to stop myself cause i'm afraid to run out. It's a beautiful peachy glow for your cheeks and not too glittery as some of the other MSF's. It looks beautifully subtle on my NC25 skin and also works great on top of oher blushes. I always get compliments when I wear it.

on 9/17/2010 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazingly, received this in a swap, and it does NOT disappoint! I have a few MSFs, but the coral of Stereo Rose is magnificent. It looks great against my fair skin and I only have to use a small amount, so it will probably last forever. I can see how it is a hard one to dupe (although IMO Benefit - Coralista does a similar look but without the pretty shimmer that SR offers.) HOWEVER, I don't think all the hype is necessary. It is a very pretty color and flattering... But MAC's other MSFs are just as good. Worth a try, but not worth more than 30 bucks IMO. Try to get it in a fair swap and don't trade your "first born" for this either!

on 9/14/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just received this in a swap and OMG, I love it! I'm NC40, applying NARS Laguna as a contour with Stereo Rose as a blush/highlighter, and WOW, what a perfect, healthy glow. This is what I thought NARS Orgasm would look like, but it didn't - at least not for me - it was a little too light. I would definitely purchase this again. Too bad it's limited edition.

on 9/6/2010 6:47:00 PM

I purchased this because of all the hype. I was out of the country when this was launched so I asked one of my friends to help me pick it up. I'm really glad she did. I'm an NC35 and I love it. Gives me a nice peachy, coral glow. I like using it with a blush and on it's own. Since I got it, I've been using it almost everyday. If I ran out I'd be sad.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love stereo rose at first i didnt really care for it but the more i use it the more i love it, it looks great on my nc30 skin and i would repurchase if i could, ive had it since the In the Grove collection and i barely have a tiny dip, will last a long time. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials