Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 12/6/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I live in Ontario and when the colder weather comes, my skin changes. Moisture surge is a must have for me during the winter when my skin gets drier. I love the gel formula as it's light weight, yet it still provides enough moisture when I need it.

When the colder weather is just starting/not too bad, I only use this at night and continue to use Dramatically Different Gel in the morning. As the winter progresses/gets colder, I use this morning and night.

I wish it came in a pump, as I don't like putting my fingers in the jar and I feel like the pump helps control how much you use. The price is also a bit steep but it's worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer is fantastic during the cold winter months. It soaks into my skin very, very quickly and doesn't make my skin feel greasy or oily midday. If my skin is very dry and irritated, either from the weather or drying acne products, I will apply this over my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel.

My one complaint is the packaging. I really don't like dipping my fingers into the jar in fear of contaminating the entire product, so I always wash my hands thoroughly before doing so. I think the packaging would be much more effective with a pump.

Overall, this moisturizer is fantastic. It's fragrance free and does not make my skin break out, which is always a fear of mine when trying new products. I will definitely repurchase this when my jar runs out. I hope this helps!

on 11/30/2014 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Really moisturizing without being greasy, didn't irritate my eyes or skin but for the cost, I'll stick to my drug store stuff.

on 11/15/2014 8:18:00 PM

After extensive reading, now I know to avoid Dimethicone, Siloxanes, Cyclomethicone (anything ending with "cone" and "xane") in my moisturizers, serum, foundation and other skincare products.
These silicone-based products have caused deep underneath the skin large adult acne which are hard to get rid of.

Since 98% skincare products contain silicone ingredients (even the expensive ones like SK II have silicone in their moisturizer/serum), I have difficulty finding a good moisturizer. When I don't wear any moisturiser and foundation, I don't get new underneath the skin pimples.

This Clinique moisturizer has lots and lots silicones ingredients in it which has caused me more big underneath the skin adult acne. Silicones cover pores like plastic mask to reduce moisture loss from skin but they also clog pores, and make skin drier in the long run.
For acne prone skin, using silicone-based products might make it worse.

on 11/14/2014 11:40:00 PM

This DEHYDRATED my skin awful thing

on 11/10/2014 8:35:00 PM

I got this as a gift, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price (or close to it, for that matter) for it myself. Yes, it is light, but as someone with really dry skin, light doesn't do anything for me. To lend perspective, I smother Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my face in the winter. THAT is what I need and what actually works for me.

I use this during the day in the winter but mainly to use it up and feel like I'm doing something with it. It doesn't make my makeup go on any better than not using it, and the moisturization is minimal. In the summer, it is slightly more useful since I am oilier, but it definitely doesn't provide "extended thirst relief" for me for half the year.

on 11/10/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do have to preface this review by saying that I do work for Clinique but I do purchase majority of the products with my own money and none of the things given to me affect how I feel about them. The only thing that is affected is my knowledge about these products. You can see the rest of my reviews in my profile.

I love this product. I recommend it to all my clients and I use it on a daily basis myself. I have normal skin, which in the Clinique line is a Skin Type 3 or a Combination Oily skin type. I should start by saying that I don't like heavy creams. SPF is somewhat of an annoyance to me since I don't like the stickiness of it. What I was looking for when I started using the Moisture Surge was a cream that would hydrate my skin without making it weigh down or sticky.

The texture of the Moisture Surge is perfect. It's a light weight gel texture and it doesn't add any weight to my skin care routine. It's recommended that it is used as a booster moisturizer but in the summer, it alone is good enough for me. I use it as the last step in my skin care routine so any serums will come before it. It's definitely hydrating especially when my skin shows a few dry patches especially with the change in weather from summer to fall and fall to winter and works very well as a night cream since I don't mind going a little bit heavier during the night time.

I think the packaging is not bad although slightly unsanitary but I like the jar. I also think that the price is not bad for the amount that you get and a jar does last you a very long time. Of course, it is much better to get this during any gift periods as you get many samples that come along with it.

All in all, I will purchase this product again, whether I work for Clinique or not. It is such a great cream that it has earned a permanent place in my skincare routine.

on 11/9/2014 9:40:00 PM

I love this stuff. Make sure you use the clarifying lotion or another exfoliate first, otherwise this is worthless.

on 11/8/2014 10:52:00 PM

My first moisturizer and always.

Price is acceptable,packaging is simple and bold. Water-gel like consistency,in soft peach colour. Smells like chemical but bearable.

I have normal skin, no major flaws. I like it because it provide the right amount of hydration for me,light weight,fast-absorbed,nothing sticky left over my face. My face always feel supple and moisturized whenever I use it,so I believe it work well for me. Plus,it's mild and cause no sign of allergy. It might not be sufficient for people with dry skin though.

Will probably stick to this if I can't find a better substitute.

on 11/2/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

doesnt do much to my skin. my skin feels tight after using it. also despite its smell is not strong, it feels unnatural and chemical to me. not recommended for dry skin types. maybe will do for combo/oily skin.