December 21, 2014 | 1725 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by EleBees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ended up getting rid of this with the jar being basically full - it hurt my wallet to do so, but I knew I'd never use it again. I used it for about 2 weeks and it did nothing for my dry/patchy areas, and in general it was a let down. It definitely gave my skin no thirst relief at all, and only enhanced my dry patches. I saw no positive change on the oily areas of my face either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Mandymoo202

This is supposed to be super moisturising but I actually find it makes my skin more dry even straight after application. I have used for a few weeks now and still no better. Clarins hydra quench is much better and cheaper too

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by epm2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product - having used it years ago, the only barrier to me re-purchasing was price. Leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, and my make up goes on much smoother.

Not sure if related to the moisturiser, but I was experiencing breakouts before I changed back to this product, and since the swap my skin has looked fantastic (past 2-3 months). This is the only change I can attribute it to...

Currently teaming this with the Moisture Surge eye cream and loving it - a little goes a long way so I think I will be re-purchasing when my tub runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I will be trying Clinique skincare products again. I have tried so many, and all of them let me down. This was no different, however it was probably the best product from the brand that I tried.

I bought this moisturiser when my skin was very dehydrated. My skin is combination and at the moment it is quite dehydrated.

What I liked about this moisturiser:
- It's fragrance free
- Feels nice on the skin (cooling)
- Leaves skin feeling soft and with a nice glow to it
- Did not, at any point, made my face shiny
- No harmful/undesirable effects

What I disliked:
- Even though it's fragrance free it smells a bit bad
- Does not moisturise per se, it just softens the skin due to the high silicone content
- Jar is not sanitary
- Has a very misleading name- this did not give me a moisture surge!

Maybe this moisturiser is too light for my skin. I tend not to get enough hydration from oil free moisturisers anyway. But still, for the price I was expecting this to moisturise a bit better. It really just sort of sits on my skin making it smooth and slippery. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past, when I was only oily and dehydration was alien to me, I found this product too hydrating to use. Now that dehydration is a very real issue for my skin, this product isn't hydrating enough.

This pink "cream-gel" feels a little thick but melts onto your skin, spreading easily and sinking in quickly. You don't need too much to cover your whole face, which is nice since it is pricey (2.5 oz for $49.50 or less value for smaller sizes). I wouldn't load it on because I find that it doesn't really give me more hydration -- my skin just feels sticky and tacky. Otherwise, the product sinks in very well.

As for scent, I can't really smell anything except for something light that's a little bit chemical-y. I think the product is supposed to be fragrance-free and that's just the smell of the components.

I have worn this under makeup and find that it works well -- most of the time. I don't remember the exact products I had trouble with but sometimes this made some of my foundations and/or sunscreens pill or apply patchily.

Where this product truly fails for me, though, is in the hydration department. The moisturizer absorbs quickly and then I feel as if I never put moisturizer on in the first place. My skin does feel a little softer but I don't feel hydrated. I've tried putting an occlusive over the Clinique to seal the moisture in and that works beautifully. However, I can't really be sure the occlusive (Elta MD Intense) isn't doing all the work.

I've tried the Intense version of the Clinique moisturizer (Moisture Surge Intense, same price as Extended Thirst Relief) and I find it works very well for my troubled skin. It is heavier, though, so the audience is a bit different. I've loved it during the colder months but I am already doubtful it will be suitable for summer (on me, at least).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

MAKES SKIN FEEL BABY SOFT.

I find that Clinique's moisturizers are the only moisturizers that will actually make my skin feel soft and supple. I used this for a period of time and I absolutely loved how it made my skin feel. I have honestly never used a moisturizer that kept my face hydrated all day long like this one.

The only downside I would say, is the packaging; I hate hate hate anything that comes in jars like these. It's so inconvenient to have to take out a scooper and scoop out the product each time you use it. Sometimes you just wanna grab and go kinda thing, and with this, you cannot.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by breeze1234

Meh. I wanted to love this and was excited by all the great reviews, but I just don't find this very moisturizing. My skin is pretty normal (except my stupid greasy nose) and I was looking for a something to help moisturize more around my eyes. I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by artey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have normal skin and this cream makes my skin look absolutely radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

This is a really nice, well moisturizing gel that i've used mostly as a night creme or when not using makeup. I'm acne-prone and oily skin, with dryness on the top layer of the skin. Moisture surge extended thirst relief works well, my skin feels hydrated without making it oily.

Compared to the 'Moisture surge intense' one i liked this formula a lot more.

Extended thirst relief is a lot lighter gel, and smells really good. It doesn't leave a creamy layer on top of the skin, it feels like the skin can breathe.

The only downside for me would be the price. Because of the gel formula i needed to use it more, so it did not last so long time. Also the packaging is not the best one, since you need to dip your fingers in the jar...

However, it has been one of the best moisturizers that my skin appeared to like, so i would consider to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have patchy dry skin in areas, because I have skin problems (eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and overall sensitive skin). This stuff, coupled with some regular hydrocortisone cream, is a life saver for me!

Also, I like the appearance of the product - it is a light pink gel with a slippery feel to it, not heavy at all. I do not like the jar form factor -- I wish this came in a pump style jar so I don't have to dip my fingers into the jar for each use.

When I put it on my face, it doesn't sting at all, even when my skin is irritated. It does not help with the redness per se (that is why I couple it with the hydrocortisone), but one application stops the flakies in their tracks.

I noticed that there are now 2 versions of this product in Sephora: one for all skin types (oil free) and one for extra dry skin. I am speaking from my experience using the one for all skin types (oil free).