April 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by parks906

I have acne-prone sensitive skin and it made me breakout with cystic pimples literally the next day. Thankfully they went away after a week but I will not be using this product again! I think this is appropriate for mature skin or for someone who doesn't breakout ever. Otherwise, do not buy. I only tried this as someone gave this to me as a gift. If you want to try it I recommend getting a sample before buying it as it is a bit pricy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, the clinique lady gave me the wrong product. I wanted the moisture surge intense, which I've used before and loved. I've used this before and it wasn't super great, but I figured I'd try it again.
It's definitely not moisturizing enough, if it ever makes it into my skin. It dries but it never seems to absorb. When I wash my face in the morning, it comes off and feels really slimy. After using it for three days, its caused a big zit on my forehead, where I've been mostly using it. Shame because it's so expensive, but it's a huge waste

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Catka06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is dry. Like, super ultra can't wear powder without pounds of moisturizer or I start peeling kind of dry. I used Clinique's 3 step program for most of my teenage years without much success, but there was nothing out there that didn't dry out my face worse or do absolutely nothing. After the hormone train left the station, however, I dumped it and have been skipping around ever since. About a year ago I'm staying with my mother, who loves and most likely owns all Clinique skin care, when I stumbled across the travel size of this stuff. SWEET LORD, HAVE MERCY. My dry skin is quenched, which I had previously thought impossible. I'm serious. This stuff got me through winter in Minnesota with no sign of flaking or redness. All of that being said I would not recommend this to someone who doesn't at least lean towards the dry side when it comes to their skin. I could be wrong but if it's doing miracles for me it's bound to ruin someone with severely oily skin's day. Also, loved that the travel size was at least in a squeeze tube - the jar thing blows in terms of keeping it clean. I use a q-tip which seems to help, but still. If they ever discontinue this stuff I might literally crumble and blow away. LOVE.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm already on my second jar of this stuff. I have very sensitive/break-out prone skin and I'm not normally a big fan of clinique products. However this moisturizer is simple, keeps the dry patches away, not to greasy, doesnt break me out - basically gets the job done. Its my HG until I find something more amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. It is an oil-free gel type moisturizer. In the summer I have a hard time finding a moisturizer for under my makeup that doesn't leave a greasy film, this is it. It's not heavy enough for many skin types and weather conditions, but it's perfect for me for summer. I also like to use it when my sensitive skin is feeling irritated, the cooling sensation instantly calms it. I finished my first jar really fast and will probably buy the bigger container next time. I may pick up the version for dry skin as well and see how that works as a night moisturizer. Hate the jar packaging. I'd say that it isn't hygienic but I went through it so quickly I'm not sure that is really a concern... still I'd rather it came in a tube. Then I could throw it in my purse and take it everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturising gel.. It's great for oily skin and I can layer more moisturiser/oils underneath easily if I need to. Make up and spf goes on smoothly afterwards. It is quite expensive £30 ish for 50mls, but I'm fed up trying new things and so I repurchased this as it does work. Will continue to buy as it's gentle, non irritating and has improved my oily yet dehydrated skin. I've not used it in winter months but will see how I get on with it and some oils rather than using a thicker cream which might break me out/make my face oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Camille03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so pricey.... though it does a great job at moisturizing my skin, where for the past couple of months i had dry patches on my cheeks. but then it broke me out after 3 usage. appearently, it clogged pores...... cause my nose was left with so many whiteheads hell no not gonna repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cindyx3rella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this lotion at first, because it made my skin feel soft and plump right after use. As I used it more and more, I noticed that my skin would get dry after a few hours. The moisture is only temporary on my skin and actually ends up making my skin drier later on (I started to flake). Thus it became one of my take-to-the-beach lotions for temporary reliefs. Definitely not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some time this spring, my skin decided it was time to become dry. As I haven't dealt with this except in cold winter weather, I've been on a quest to find a suitable moisturizer. This task has been complicated by an allergy to chemical SPF.

I've had good results with Clinique Perfectly Real foundation and City Block SFP 25, so I gave Moisture Surge a try on the recommendation of a SA. BAD IDEA! I had this on my face for literally two hours and had to lather hand cream on, my face hurt so much from being dehydrated. I looked like a prune ( not my usual look!).

This may be good for younger or oilier skin than mine, but my experience was a disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this as a mask after I have done a lactic acid peel as my skin is so dry and sensitive. This really moisturises it. I also use this overnight when my skin feels extra dry. Too expensive for me to consider purchasing again as I have other moisturisers that work just as well. I would like to try the eye cream version though.