August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others said, this is either love or hate it kind of scent. When this scent first came out, I was given a sample of it and I HATED it. I thought it was too loud and floral, and just too much. Since then I learned to appreciate number of fragrances and so when I passed by Alien in department store I decided to give it a shot. I am not a floral lover and mostly prefer gourmand and fruity scents but this is one of the florals I really like. As most TM scents, its very unique and I haven’t smelled anything even remotely similar before or since. Its woodsy, ambery yet full of floral jasmine note. Very full bodied and rich.
I took the opportunity the buy mini sizes of TM scents and out of all Angel and Alien are my favorites hands down.
My hubby hated the Alien though-said it smelled like “old lady” lol. But he likes mostly light clean scents so I am not surprised. And if that's you and you prefer very light scents and body sprays, I would suggest staying far far aways from this.
This is rich floral that lasts a quite a long time on my skin. I layed it with Sparkling Blackberry Woods from BBW and its quite lovely.
Btw, I LOVE the bottle-its so gorgeous and different!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this fragrance, I receive more compliments on this scent than any of my others. Lasts all day.......or night!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like I needed a perfume to tell me I’m an Alien, not an Angel. Same as its predecessor, this is a love-it-or-hate-it situation; in the notorious French designer’s world, anything worth doing is worth doing brash. Angel? Hate. With a black passion. Not to digress, but Angel’s battle royale of clashing fragrance notes strikes me as both hostile and disturbingly weird: it has this “Goodbye Horses” vibe that actually gives me the willies. Meaning, it’s not a stretch to picture someone smelling like that as they don a wig made from a human scalp and paint their face over a vanity littered with black market surgical equipment before asking the mirror if it would f[bleep] them. That’s just my opinion. Alien? Love at first breath. My praise for it is practically evangelical. For starters, Alien is composed with much more grace and deliberation than Angel, and has a lot more character in the bargain; its notes—jasmine, woody cashmeran, amber, solar accord—meld into an assertive but effective harmony that tries for (and nails with flying colours) stunning instead of shocking. (What was it Jack Nicholson said in The Witches of Eastwick? That passion without precision = chaos. This, to me, encapsulates why Alien wins and Angel fails.) But the best part is, it smells INSANE on me—insanely divine, that is. More confrontational than what I usually go for, but I’ve noticed that stronger, more complex scents do just fine on me if they’re relieved by a certain creaminess; Versace’s Crystal Noir is another example of this. I haven’t yet purchased, as it’s a splurge beyond my means for the time being, but I frequently hit up the testers, and every time I do, I’m a changed woman: fierce, fearless, exotic, mean, bring-them-to-their-knees sexy. Compliments fly at me from all directions; I even had a salesgirl at Ulta follow me around huffing like a glue fiend until she mustered the courage to ask what I was wearing. “Alien, baby! ‘Cause I’m all out of this world and stuff.” This is, and will likely always be, my HG fragrance, and it will be mine…oh, yes, it will be mine.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bellabeautybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet baby Jesus, this is my all time favorite perfume! The smell is so unique and you can tell when someone is wearing it. It lasts all day, and i mean it! I always get compliments on it, and even when i cant smell it anymore people are still asking you what perfume you are wearing. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like the scent, so go and smell it! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by KarenVirginia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to perfume. After trying an assortment of other perfumes, I always go back to this perfume. Although I don't find it strong on me (sometimes I can't even smell it) but other people always compliment me on it and tell me they love it. I think it's just works well with my chemistry. It doesn't sound like it's right for everyone. I like the savings I can get with refilling the bottle too. Even though it's pricey, It does last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by mvioleta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Do you call bodyspray perfume? Only like light, fresh scents? Not a fan of strong smells? Yes? Well guuuuurrl, you better turn around this is not for you. Alien is deep, sensual, mysterious, spicy yet soft. Incredibly complex. The way this transforms on this skin makes you understand that this is a quality pefurme. Extremely expensive, but if you fall in love with this perfume, you understand that you will save up the money for this. I love to be obnoxious with perfume. Have you ever seen that jersey shore episode where deena is spraying perfume on her for a food 30 seconds? Yeah that's me. But 1-3 spritz of this and im done. It's incredibly potent. It will turn heads. Sometimes I think it might give someone a headache ... And then I'm like JK I DON'T CARE I love this too much. Lasting power on this makes everything else look pathetic. I have sprayed this on clothes that then went in the wash and still came out smelling like alien. If you're craving something unique, try this. It took me a few trips to Macy's for my nose to understand what was going on, but then I fell in love.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Hannahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite perrfume, even though I own others. It's quite hard to describe what it smells like, but it's certainly heady and quite musky, which I like. It lasts ages, and you only need a few spritzes so the bottle does last you a long time. You can usually get them refilled at certain department stores too, although I haven't tried that myself, but I imagine that saves sone money off of buying a new bottle. I would recommend this, although perfume is a very individual thing so I'd say make sure you smell it in person first.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I was hoping I would like this better than Angel, which I do. BUT it's another Thierry Mugler perfume that's strong and not the most wearable for every day. I can see people finding this sexy, because it does smell very unique and you want to keep smelling it. It's great for going out. Beautiful bottle, but I'm not sure if I would purchase this. I tried both the EDP & EDT versions. I prefer the EDT. It's more wearable on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One day, while searching for a pink Shu Umera blush that all the makeup mags said I just had to have (and like a dope I listened), a lovely Neiman Marcus sales associate appeared. "May I help, you?" She did just that and smelled good while doing it. "What perfume are you wearing?" "Alien". She then introduced me to "Angel's" sister. While the scent was lovely on the sales associate, I offend myself when I wear it. It's dusty and annoying. Not something I ever reach for. Another case of you better test drive it before you buy it.