October 22, 2014 | 1873 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I don't think I will ever get enough of Thierry Mugler perfumes, they are just the best. I love Angel and I love Alien, they are my go to, all occasions perfumes. The main thing I love about Alien is that is super duper strong, like literally one light spritz is more than enough. Its a lot sweeter than Angel, Angel is a deep, musky, poweful scent but this one is a lot lighter yet still fairly intense. I love how different this perfume is too, it is unlike any other perfume I have ever owned, there is nothing to compare it to. The bottle is also pretty too, its like a precious stone or something of that nature, looks nice on the vanity. Very expensive and also I find fairly hard to get hold of, but worth every penny. Fabulous perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by LeahBBB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favourite perfume ever!! lasts so long and smells nice even the next day. the only thing I would say is that its quite strong, so you dont need alot and dont wear other scents with it as they clash. Also guys love the smell of it and I always get complimented.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume! Definitely my all time favorite! Every time I wear it I get tons & tons of compliments. 2 sprays will last all day as well. A little on the pricey side but well worth it. My mom wears Angel by Thierry Mugler & I wear alien. Both of us are always complimented. Women of all ages can wear this. I do, & will continue to recommend this perfume to EVERYONE!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really amazing night time/going out perfume, It's musky and super strong so one spray is definitely enough, it lasts a really really long time and you can smell it on your clothes for days, it is quite expensive but I'll probably repurchase when it's empty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This may be exspensive but I will never stop buying it. I smelled it one time at macys and sprayed it on myself. It lingered for days and I washed the outfit I had on that day and could still smell it on the clean clothes. I LOVE this perfume. I wear it everyday.Im one of those woman who hates flowery perfumes. Everyone that smells it on me wants to know what it is. Alot of people have never heard of it. Alot of the girls at work are now going to purchase it. BUTTT a girl at work did have this and she said she hated the way it smelled on her but loved how it smelled on me. I actually had a patient today wake up when I was near the bed and say Oh you smell nice! haha So it must be one of those that it depends on the person. It seems to be oil based which I love they last longer. I work 12hrs a day at a hosptial and the gross stuff we come in contact with I would think I stink by the end of the day but people can still smell it on my at the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others said, this is either love or hate it kind of scent. When this scent first came out, I was given a sample of it and I HATED it. I thought it was too loud and floral, and just too much. Since then I learned to appreciate number of fragrances and so when I passed by Alien in department store I decided to give it a shot. I am not a floral lover and mostly prefer gourmand and fruity scents but this is one of the florals I really like. As most TM scents, its very unique and I haven’t smelled anything even remotely similar before or since. Its woodsy, ambery yet full of floral jasmine note. Very full bodied and rich.
I took the opportunity the buy mini sizes of TM scents and out of all Angel and Alien are my favorites hands down.
My hubby hated the Alien though-said it smelled like “old lady” lol. But he likes mostly light clean scents so I am not surprised. And if that's you and you prefer very light scents and body sprays, I would suggest staying far far aways from this.
This is rich floral that lasts a quite a long time on my skin. I layed it with Sparkling Blackberry Woods from BBW and its quite lovely.
Btw, I LOVE the bottle-its so gorgeous and different!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this fragrance, I receive more compliments on this scent than any of my others. Lasts all day.......or night!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like I needed a perfume to tell me I’m an Alien, not an Angel. Same as its predecessor, this is a love-it-or-hate-it situation; in the notorious French designer’s world, anything worth doing is worth doing brash. Angel? Hate. With a black passion. Not to digress, but Angel’s battle royale of clashing fragrance notes strikes me as both hostile and disturbingly weird: it has this “Goodbye Horses” vibe that actually gives me the willies. Meaning, it’s not a stretch to picture someone smelling like that as they don a wig made from a human scalp and paint their face over a vanity littered with black market surgical equipment before asking the mirror if it would f[bleep] them. That’s just my opinion. Alien? Love at first breath. My praise for it is practically evangelical. For starters, Alien is composed with much more grace and deliberation than Angel, and has a lot more character in the bargain; its notes—jasmine, woody cashmeran, amber, solar accord—meld into an assertive but effective harmony that tries for (and nails with flying colours) stunning instead of shocking. (What was it Jack Nicholson said in The Witches of Eastwick? That passion without precision = chaos. This, to me, encapsulates why Alien wins and Angel fails.) But the best part is, it smells INSANE on me—insanely divine, that is. More confrontational than what I usually go for, but I’ve noticed that stronger, more complex scents do just fine on me if they’re relieved by a certain creaminess; Versace’s Crystal Noir is another example of this. I haven’t yet purchased, as it’s a splurge beyond my means for the time being, but I frequently hit up the testers, and every time I do, I’m a changed woman: fierce, fearless, exotic, mean, bring-them-to-their-knees sexy. Compliments fly at me from all directions; I even had a salesgirl at Ulta follow me around huffing like a glue fiend until she mustered the courage to ask what I was wearing. “Alien, baby! ‘Cause I’m all out of this world and stuff.” This is, and will likely always be, my HG fragrance, and it will be mine…oh, yes, it will be mine.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bellabeautybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet baby Jesus, this is my all time favorite perfume! The smell is so unique and you can tell when someone is wearing it. It lasts all day, and i mean it! I always get compliments on it, and even when i cant smell it anymore people are still asking you what perfume you are wearing. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like the scent, so go and smell it! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by KarenVirginia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to perfume. After trying an assortment of other perfumes, I always go back to this perfume. Although I don't find it strong on me (sometimes I can't even smell it) but other people always compliment me on it and tell me they love it. I think it's just works well with my chemistry. It doesn't sound like it's right for everyone. I like the savings I can get with refilling the bottle too. Even though it's pricey, It does last a long time.