November 26, 2014 | 1704 users online

Hair Color - Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by loolee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm pretty impressed. I used Yarrow blonde (a neutral) on my extremely short (boy short!), virgin (only cos I hacked the dyed portion off and it was down to my shoulders!) cigarette ash color with 80 percent grey at the temples. It was the best hair color experience ever in that it had no smell other than herbal. When I washed the stuff out after leaving it in for the 45 min. it recommends for resistant grey, my hair felt squeaky clean but not dry. I really liked the conditioner that came with it, but then I have a preference for thick, butter-like consistencies. Afterward, I was left with a subtle, oh so natural, beautiful, healthy honeyed brown on the previously cigarette ash color. On the grey parts, it appears as various shades of highlighted gold and caramel strands. You know, this is just what I was looking for. I've been trying to embrace the grey, and I've only been ~hating~ it. With this on my hair, it's like me, only better. Seriously, I don't think people will even realize I've colored, it looks that natural. I have a feeling there won't be a serious demarcation line of roots, either. On the other hand, it looks like I'm allowing myself to age gracefully. Please do give it a try! I'm very happy I did. I let this sit on my shelf for probably a year and a half before trying it. It's the only hair color I'll be using on my hair fron now on.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Bethany3844

I love this haircolor.

I have been on a quest to find something that works on my increasingly gray, 40-plus hair without damaging it or looking unnatural.

I initially selected a lighter shade (Light Burdock), following advice of MUAers who have warned that Naturcolor comes out dark. That shade was too light, so I next used Sagebrush Brown, which is a beautiful medium brown that looks perfect on my naturally dark brown hair. The color is subtle and natural looking, and leaves my hair soft and reasonably shiny. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but otherwise it's the best home haircolor I have found.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

This was a gentle product which left my hair shiny and a beautiful color. It did nothing for my few strands of grey hair though, and faded rather quickly (3-4 weeks) all over. It would probably be a good product for someone who doesnt have any greys.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by the_hans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just used this two days ago - wow!! I used 7N mullein blonde, and it turned out a very lovely dark blonde. I started out with light blonde hair - about a level 9 - with level 6 or 7 blonde roots (can't quite remember my natural color...). I am trying to grow out my natural color because I am so tired of dying my hair blonde, and this shade seem to match my roots.

I was concerned the color would be too dark, but its perfect! I would consider it a light brown after I first dyed it, but It definitely faded in three washings to a nice golden-ish blonde. I hesitated between this and the 7c caraway blonde, and even though I am extremely cool-toned (pink undertones, slight rosacea) the 7N definitely suits me. Also, did not leave my hair feeling damaged at all and smelled herbal-y.
For reference, I have hair a few inches below shoulder length, and there was a good amount of dye left in the bottle. I went to my hairdresser the next day and she even commented how she was impressed with the color and how well it matched my roots. Love it!
**EDIT** The haircolor faded very quickly; in about 2-3 weeks, I was pretty much back to my original color. Still, I prefer it to chemical dyes any day! So I will give it 4 stars :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mtonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product before, but this last time it turned my hair orange. Really orange. Because it has such a low amount of peroxide (3%), it takes some of the color out of dark hair like mine, which then makes it turn orange in a couple of shampoos. And the front of my hair which is got a lot of gray in it is more orange than some of the other parts. I read somewhat that bleach can turn white hair yellow, and then the gentle color pigment on top of that made mine orange like some other people on this list have noted. I will now have to color over it with Robert Craig, which has never turned my hair really orange but is messier to use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by looser

I've written a few reviews for different hair coloring products, usually thinking I have found my HG hair color. Preference, Garnier, Clairol.. none of them match up to Naturcolor. Finally, I can say it and actually mean it: THIS is my HG hair color! I have very long, thick, porous, very damaged sandy blonde hair that's been over-dyed, over-straightened, etc. I like my hair darker in the summer when I get tanner, but Garnier's darker colors used to turn my ends green.. YES, dark green (tells you how damaged my hair is). Let me tell you, that looks wonderful under very bright lights. I finally decided to try this last year after all the rave reviews. I first purchased 6D (goldenrod blonde) thinking it would turn out darker than the sample they had. It turned out great, but looked too similiar to the hair color I had already. A color that actually turns out looking exactly like it's supposed to? I knew right then, this was different. Yesterday I ventured to Whole Foods and bought 5D (light clove chestnut). Even with my long thick hair, it only takes one box of dye to cover all of it. I am in love. It turned out perfectly and looked exactly like the sample.. again! No green ends, just shiny golden-medium chestnut brown hair. I think I'll stick with the golden colors, they're just gorgeous. Its not very often I dye my hair myself and don't end up on the verge of tears after. It's alllllll smiles and compliments with Naturcolor. I'll gladly keep forking over 15 bucks for this wonderful product. I mean, its a lot better than paying 6 dollars for drugstore hair dye and then having to fix the disaster at your salon for 50 more bucks anyway, right? Right =)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kerbery

I chose Naturcolor from the reviews here and I am happy with the results. My main purpose in coloring my hair was to cover gray which I would guess is at about 1% of my hair at this time. I used 5n Light burdock for my medium brown hair. I left it on for 45 minutes and used slightly over half the bottle for my almost shoulder length somewhat fine hair. The color is a good match for my natural color. I had hesitated on dying my hair for a long time because my hair is very shiny and healthy and I did not want to ruin this for the sake of covering the gray, but the shine is still there so no complaints. The only negative is that a few stray grays near the temple are uncovered. I also did not like the smell of the product but I think that this is an inherent part of all hair dyes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kmoth

I've been coloring my hair nearly every shade for the past 11 years and this is definitely the best haircolor I've used. After getting sick of my henna red hair, I used Loreal to color over it with a medium brown. (Yes, you can use hairdye over hennaed hair, as long as the henna is body art quality.) The color faded in 2 weeks and left my hair very damaged. I had to get at least 2 or 3 inches cut off, which I really didn't want to do. Then, I read about Naturcolor on here and thought I'd give it a try. I used 4N Burdock. The color lasted much longer than any other haircolor I tried - I only decided to touch it up after 8 weeks, even though there was still color left. When I recolored, I decided to go a half shade darker and mixed 1/2 3N and 1/2 4N. I liked the results on me ever better the second time. It left my hair very shiny and not damaged at all. I'm not sure why everyone says the results are so much darker than they expect - they came out exactly as I expected. 4N was a rich medium to dark brown. 3N added a hint of black to the color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I picked 3N Cola because they had a color chart at Whole Foods and that looked like it matched my ends or current hair color. I left it on 40 minutes, starting with the roots as directed, maybe a bit longer. Anyway, I was disappointed when I washed it off to see that some of my grey hairs had not covered completely, just a few were still not covered, and my hair was much darker than the chart color, like piitch black. I did not like the 3N at all, I wanted a nice dark brown, not Elvira black. God forbid I had chosen 2N.

It also faded at the roots 2 weeks later so it does not cover grey hair well, do not plan to repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sccmoore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this haircolor for several reasons. It leaves my hair feeling like I didn't even color, the color 9N is a beautiful shade, and it doesn't have an unpleasant smell. But unfortunately, after several uses, it just doesn't cover the grays for longer than a week or so. This haircolor would be great for someone who doesn't have any grays. I'm trying Satin next.