April 18, 2014 | 1170 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ima_blondie

I am not good at describing fragrances, their notes, etc so I won't do that. I only know what I like and don't like. And I really like this fragrance. I obsessed over it until I got it. I bought a gift set that also came with lotion. The lotion, however was horrid once applied so I swapped it away. As for the actual parfum, I have had it almost a year and use it occasionally. I like the bottle it comes in but I think the cap looks disjointed when sitting on the bottle. They don't seem to go together, to me. Anyhow, I probably wouldn't even review this if it weren't for the fact that I've just realized it smells so similar to Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely (which I also own) that it isn't worth keeping both. Lovely actually has a nicer drydown on me, as well. It is also considerably cheaper ($52 for 1.7 oz versus $75). So, if you're interested in Narciso Rodriguez, try Lovely, too before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i bought this after smelling a sample of the EDT version, thinking this would be even better than that. but i just don't really like it as much. it doesn't smell as good to me and doesn't last that long. i took it back and got the toilette version and i'm much happier with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by evavongeigern

They were going for an interpretation of pink, apparently.

Starting off with Pink Chypre (a woody citrus) and Pink Floral (don't ask me!), the fragrance is well balanced upon initial spray--definitely floral, but mellowed by a nice blast of clean wood. As the fragrance proceeds to evolve on the skin, there are sweet ambery notes (Soft Amber, Sheer Chypre, Flower Honey, Tactile Woods, Amber Light presumably), making the scent voluptuous, clinging and sheer (but not light exactly). ***You must like Amber to wear this scent, especially on the hotter days, as a couple hours turns her into Amber paradise. I am not particularly fond of straight up Amber, but this potion works.

Sillage isn't overwhelming, it will catch in the breeze slightly, but since it's not too heavy or floral, it shouldn't offend anyone else. If you're looking for something that smells clean and feminine, but not aggressive, I recommend giving this a sniff or two. I think this is a safe scent for people who usually can't wear florals but love them on other people (me). I prefer EDP to the EDT, which has a rose/vetiver scent to my nose. This fragrance has wonderful staying power. My only complaint is the spray nozzle--I wish it were pink. I like this and Gucci by Gucci (they don't smell the same, but are both Mossy Wood scents) but I prefer Narciso on a regular basis because it is more hot weather and all season friendly, not to mention a lot more interesting to me--less flat and linear than Gucci.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueeny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must say I love this! After I sampled it in the boutique that sells it, I got the Laura Mercier Magique instead. I kept smelling this and at first thought it was so PRETTY that I'd have to be dressed up to wear it, so I didn't think of it as everyday wearable. I tired of the Magique w/in a few weeks and purchased this. I wear this even in my pajamas! I love smelling pretty ALL THE TIME! Creamy rose with musk...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lizzdd

AMAZING fragrance. Just wish that the scent lasted longer. It's the most amazing fragrance I've bought in my 40 years, and I love perfume. Definitely try a whiff and you'll be hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Casafras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on a hunt for a signature perfume for MONTHS! As soon as I smelled NR (edp), I knew I'd found The One!

After about 3 minutes, this dries down to a smooth, sweet, musky, but light, honey scent on me. I love it!

A couple of spritzes will last me for about 5-6 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by scentsearcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since I really like Lovely by SJP, I had to try this one to see if it was true - that they smell nearly identical. I definitely agree with everyone. They smell remarkably similar. I'm still trying to figure out what the differences between these two really are.
I guess I would have to say Lovely is softer, and opens up differently than NR. NR is a bit bolder, sweeter and more carnal, and possibly more linear than Lovely. It also seems to last longer.
This is the first time I've seriously compared them, so I may be wrong and might have to adjust this review in the future. In the end, they are both gorgeous woody, floral musks, but I may defect to NR b/c of the great staying power on my skin. (By the way, I'm referring to the perfume version of NR.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The EDP (pink bottle ) is fantastic- soft, amber florals, moss/Earth and musk. The EDT (black bottle) is awful to my nose- it smells like bread yeast. They are so different to me. Apparently the EDP has Pink Chypre Florals and then musk and amber, versus the EDT which has more musk, amber then florals. The EDP smells very soft, with musk and warm amber. I do not detect particulat florals just soft, warm ambery musk and moss. This seems like a very senual, complex and sexual scent. I understand there is patchouli too, but I cannot detect it, which is good since I normally cannot stand it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by excelsa

The best of this perfume is the pink bottle. I really love it.

Unfortunately, it did not work on me: too musky and floral. I do not believe this is really heady. It is soft, refined and I have to admit that this is a sexy fragance.

I do not know why but I associate this scent with a more mature woman I think it is an old lady perfume. My boyfriend absolutely hated it! and from my brother description:. it is perfect for a woman trying to attract and seduce men in a nightclubs...

No offense, but... it is too old and too sensual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by princess_savannah

Wow wow! Let me preface this review by saying that I own a LOT of perfumes and I am a confessed fragrance junkie. I received this item in a swap, I had been wanting to try it for some time but just never got around to buying this. It was love at first smell! This is one of those complex fragrances that starts out very bright, but dries down much darker. The notes are hard to pick out as this is so well blended. It is very wearable and you can dress it down for office wear by just misting it in the air and walking through it, or dress it up by applying it directly to your pulse points. GREAT sillage as well. This perfume is S E X Y, give it a try!!