September 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Love this for keeping my unruly long haired brows in place! I fill my brows on, lightly apply this, and after dry I fill them in again. It feels wet like water when first applied, not sticky at all. I brush them in place and it dries quickly and feels like my normal brows. Really keeps them in place without being sticky or crusty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I actually did lose this product and repurchased after holding off. I find that brows are essential in framing the face. I think that nearly everyone uses this product as a brow gel. After I am done filling in my brows, I use this gel to set the hairs in place as I comb through them. This product is the cheapest alternative to the other brow gel products out there.

As a brow gel, it holds my neatly brushed hairs in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jtmgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product does everything I need it to. I use it basically every day. I have long lashes to begin with, so this does a good job of separating them and keeping them in place. It also works well to hold my brows in place after filling them in.
I'm pretty sure it's really just a mild-formula hair gel in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally remembered to pick this up after hearing such good things about it for your brows and it did NOTHING for me-- at first I was worried it might flake or show up since my eyebrows are really dark brown & I've had that issue with other clear brow gels, but this just did nothing-- I wish there was more I could say about it but it was pointless! I have very long eyebrow hairs, so maybe that's why it didn't really help with keeping them in place...but I just expected more from such a hyped up product. Thankfully it's such a good price I don't feel bad about wasting the money on something that just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have purchased this product multiple times over the years, and have absolutely no complaints - there's nothing better for taming my thick eyebrows or for highlighting my lower lashes a bit (regular mascara always seems to slide off of those). It is pretty easy to find on sale, but I would happily pay full price for this item, as it performs far better than the more expensive brow groomers on the market. No flaking, and it sets my brows with a very natural look. Even though I replace it every three months for hygiene, it all adds up to a win-win situation. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

While I've never used this as a clear mascara, I've repurchased this several times as a brow gel. My brows, which can get a little wild, stay put when I set them with this gel. I particularly like that this clear mascara does not dry down wet and crunchy looking like some others I have tried, and it never flakes on me. I've never tried higher end brow gels, and I've never felt the need to spend 5 times as much when this does the job just fine. It is an under-appreciated and often forgotten about staple in my routine since it isn't the most exciting or glamorous product, but it is effective and affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent brow gel. It does a great job setting my brows, which are extremely unruly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

My go to brow gel. I would not use this as a mascara, but as a brow gel, it's fantastic for setting my unruly brows in place. You can often get this for under $5, which is a steal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lmao at the reviewer who said Maybelline should change the name to "Fisher Price My First Mascara"! I agree! I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PoisonIvy1273

I don't really like this product for a few reasons. It's meant to be a clear mascara and brow set which it only really does one of the two things which is setting the brow. The gel is good until about a hour later and its gone... I think I'll go back the my Anastasia one.