December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for setting my brows after I fill/pencil them in, and I think it does a great job! However, if you are going to buy this for a mascara, it doesn't do anything. Just leaves them looking/feeling wet. I will keep repurchasing this! It lasts soooooo long! I bought this at my local Wal-Mart for like 4$! If you were thinking about purchasing this, I'd give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall I give this product a 4 because although I only use it for setting my eyebrows, it can be pretty watery which I don't really like. It does set the eyebrows really really well and it only cost me about $5 at Target. As for a mascara, I've never used it as that but it works great for keeping your eyebrows in place! I've had this tube for about a month now and it honestly hasn't even made a dent.. I can already tell that it'll last me a really long time =)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works just fine for setting my brows, however I prefer the E.L.F clear brown gel and mascara. I'm not a fan of the brush because it is so thin that it takes multiple strokes to cover my brows (which aren't very full). I understand that this is a mascara so maybe that is why the brush is smaller, but I am reviewing this as a brow gel, not a mascara. I found that this was a very wet product and took more time than I would like to dry. I will not repurchase, but I will use up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love this clear mascara for my brows! I bought this for the purpose of using it as a brow gel and it works very well to keep my brow hairs in place and to hold their shape. The key to using this is to apply it very sparingly and lightly comb through your brow hairs to your desired brow shape. If you apply too much, it will take a very long time to dry and make your brows look "wet and shiny". It does not feel sticky or clumpy on the brow hairs, it feels smooth and lightly "gelled in place". Overall a great and inexpensive product. I use this everyday, and I don't see anyone running out of this for at least a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Juliexoxo98

Works great for eye brows they should call it great brow :) awesome though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Love this for keeping my unruly long haired brows in place! I fill my brows on, lightly apply this, and after dry I fill them in again. It feels wet like water when first applied, not sticky at all. I brush them in place and it dries quickly and feels like my normal brows. Really keeps them in place without being sticky or crusty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I actually did lose this product and repurchased after holding off. I find that brows are essential in framing the face. I think that nearly everyone uses this product as a brow gel. After I am done filling in my brows, I use this gel to set the hairs in place as I comb through them. This product is the cheapest alternative to the other brow gel products out there.

As a brow gel, it holds my neatly brushed hairs in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jtmgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product does everything I need it to. I use it basically every day. I have long lashes to begin with, so this does a good job of separating them and keeping them in place. It also works well to hold my brows in place after filling them in.
I'm pretty sure it's really just a mild-formula hair gel in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally remembered to pick this up after hearing such good things about it for your brows and it did NOTHING for me-- at first I was worried it might flake or show up since my eyebrows are really dark brown & I've had that issue with other clear brow gels, but this just did nothing-- I wish there was more I could say about it but it was pointless! I have very long eyebrow hairs, so maybe that's why it didn't really help with keeping them in place...but I just expected more from such a hyped up product. Thankfully it's such a good price I don't feel bad about wasting the money on something that just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have purchased this product multiple times over the years, and have absolutely no complaints - there's nothing better for taming my thick eyebrows or for highlighting my lower lashes a bit (regular mascara always seems to slide off of those). It is pretty easy to find on sale, but I would happily pay full price for this item, as it performs far better than the more expensive brow groomers on the market. No flaking, and it sets my brows with a very natural look. Even though I replace it every three months for hygiene, it all adds up to a win-win situation. Will definitely repurchase.